Need help smok 160 Tc and rdas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I'm no longer worried about the coils the update has made my mod unresposive and ive been waiting over 3 weeks for this mod

definitely not cool :( I can assure you that the board is fried, but as to what component, I cannot tell you without it being in my hands. You are going to need to get it replaced :(

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Look on the Smok Technologies FB page, I saw where someone else had this issue and they told how to fix it.

his board is not taking an update... Plus, even if he was using kanthal in the thing, it should not behave in that manner. The manufacturer may know of a bypass to correct the behavior but it is very indicative of either faulty software or a bad component.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    I'm no longer worried about the coils the update has made my mod unresposive and ive been waiting over 3 weeks for this mod
    Which update tool did you use? The old update tool, or the beta "easy" updater? I found the beta doesn't work. You need to use the old update tool. Also make sure you follow the instructions to a tee.

Richard Thompson

Aug 29, 2015
    Cairo, Georgia
    Which update tool did you use? The old update tool, or the beta "easy" updater? I found the beta doesn't work. You need to use the old update tool. Also make sure you follow the instructions to a tee.
    well i tried that after the beta but the invalid chip error came up so i went back that have a file called isp tool and its the same tool as the old tool and i did everything it has told me atleast twenty times and the mod doesnt even flash when the batts are inserted

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    they also have another tool that bypasses that soooooo.....
    I hope it isn't what I am assuming it is.... try the other tool but don't hold your hand over your .... ..... Sounds to me like you "may" have had a problem with the board, and then when you performed the update, it pushed it over the edge. Your TC mod should never behave like that no matter what type of coils you have in the thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread