Need vape help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriah

Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone. So I'm new here and new to vaping and know pretty much next to nothing so excuse my knowledge.

The first mod I had was the evicvt 60w and eleaf ijusts tank. I now have the voopoo drag with gene chip mod and the big baby beast tank.

So my issue is that my vape juice is turning brow about half way through the tank. I'm using the naked 100 6mg juice. Also it tastes burnt when I have it set to 50w.
Can someone help me out with as to why it tastes burnt and is turning Brown? My coils say best at 45-60. Also what temperature should I have my vape at?

Tia and sorry for my dumb questions

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I honestly doubt your juice turning brown is not normal. I've got plenty of different flavors,some are clear others aren't it kinda depends on wether there's artificial sweetener or not in it.
Burnt taste could be either : burnt cotton or dry hit, if the burnt taste dosen't go away you've pretty much scrapped the coil (or wick if applicable) if it goes away that means you're chain vaping too much.
Don't bother with temp unless you have a compatible coil (ie:SS,Ti or Nickel)
For the wattage,that's all subjective manufacturers use these "recommended" wattage as a guideline you can go lower or higher, but higher will burn the coils faster. I've always been able to find my sweet spot in what's recommended but not everyone is like that. But don't worry there's nothing stupid about asking, i've asked quite a few question like these when i started (fact is i still do when i go gear shopping lolz)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Miriah. Welcome to the ECF.

I have never used a Baby Beast Tank. But I can Bump your thread by say'n that the Wattage Range an OEM puts on their Coils is just a Suggestion. And so much depends on the type of e-Liquid you are using.

A Burnt Taste is great sign that you are using Too High of a Wattage for that e-Liquid.

I would suggest you pull out the Old Coil and give the Tank a good Rinse with Warm Water. Then put a New Coil in ( and be sure to Prime it! ) and 1/2 fill the Tank with some fresh e-Liquid.

Then set you Mod to a Low Wattage, maybe 25 Watts or so, and see how it Tastes. Then increase the Wattage 4 or 5 Watts at a time taking Hits to see how they taste. When the Hit starts to taste Burnt, dial the wattage back a little.

You also might try Different Airflow settings. I like a more Restrictive airflow. But with the more I Restrict the airflow, the Less Wattage I can use and not get a Burnt Hit.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My juice seems to get a little darker as I vape, but not by very much and mostly when a coil is about to die. I'm thinking you might be vaping at wattages that are too high, and that may be causing your juice to overheat and turn different colors. Since you are having coil issues too, I'd suggest turning down your wattage as a first step. Juices with sweeteners may "caramelize" with heat, causing the brown color and your wick will also darken.

You don't have to use recommended coil wattages, many folks find that a wattage MUCH lower than that can be satisfying. It's only a recommendation.

I would wash everything well, then start with lots of priming puffs (first, without even using the fire button) then start very LOW (you may not see visible vape) while firing and slooowly increasing your wattage to the point that you are getting a satisfactory vape.

Good luck!

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Your vaping at too high a wattage for your coil.

Clean out your tank, change out your coil, put new juice in and prime your coil very well (the video is a how-to for the priming of any sub ohm coil, I recommend you sit through it and prime your coils properly before use) then you need to start about 20 watts lower than your vaping it at right now.. find the sweet spot for that coil, it's likely going to be somewhere around 30 - 35 watts but may be as high as 40, or as low as 25.. just depends.. you need to start low and experiment til you find the right wattage..

Your juice shouldn't turn brown, and it should never taste burnt. When it does, your vaping at too high a wattage or your not taking the time to properly break in and prime your coil. Or both.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I agree your wattage is probably set to high. Some juices do get a bit darker once they are in tank due to exposure to heat, air, and sunlight combined. Not a big deal. If your juice gets several shades darker quickly, you have caramelized your coil. Remove coil, rinse with warm water, let dry completely. Cleaning does not always save it, but doesn't hurt to try.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Your vaping at too high a wattage for your coil.

Clean out your tank, change out your coil, put new juice in and prime your coil very well (the video is a how-to for the priming of any sub ohm coil, I recommend you sit through it and prime your coils properly before use) then you need to start about 20 watts lower than your vaping it at right now.. find the sweet spot for that coil, it's likely going to be somewhere around 30 - 35 watts but may be as high as 40, or as low as 25.. just depends.. you need to start low and experiment til you find the right wattage..

Your juice shouldn't turn brown, and it should never taste burnt. When it does, your vaping at too high a wattage or your not taking the time to properly break in and prime your coil. Or both.

@Miriah, there is some really great advise here ^^^^^, and properly priming the coil heads (like the Baby Beast uses) is often overlooked by new vapers. I hope you take time to watch, learn, and put into practice.

The only thing I haven't seen mentioned yet; is that flavor is often temperature/power sensitive too. Different vendors, and even different juices from the same vendor, will taste "best" at different temperatures. If you only care about blowing huge clouds then this doesn't really apply. But, if you want your juice tasting its best, start low, and only increase power/temperature as needed until your juice is tasting as good as it will. If you notice the flavor is starting to taper off, as you are increasing power/temperature... stop, and lower your temp until the flavor returns to its optimum. Excessive heat is a BIG flavor killer.:)

And, as @zoiDman already mentioned airflow, this too will have an affect on flavor. As you are increasing power; you might also want to experiment with opening and closing your airflow, to see how it changes the flavor, as well as vape quality.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread