New going with the volt and have flavor questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyvest

Mar 2, 2012
new york
After doing a ton of research I have finally decided to order a Smokeless image Volt e cig. I am aware that I can refill there cartridge's( or blank's) but I'm not even sure what flavor's to order initially. I am a Newport smoker so I am thinking one of the two menthol flavor's but from what I have been seeing people are not to happy with there juice's. I would like to order blanks and juice from them with my starter kit to make it easy. If anyone has had experience with there flavors I would appreciate a few recomendations. I do not like traditional tobacco flavor's (camel, marlboro, etc.) but I am open to try thinkgs like cherry vanilla etc. Thanks.

UPDATE: I tried BLU and it tasted disgusting if thats how the e cigs taste Im gonna have an issue. I cant understand how anyone could like that taste. Hope others taste better not even like a Newport just better then that.

Last edited:

nqabassist26

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
SoCal
Welp, it's been said here many times at this point, but no juice or set up can really give you the taste of a cigarette since nothing is technically burning.

I've tried a few menthols at this point, and the only thing that cut my craving entirely was Prothol from Vaporcast store. It has a really strong "cool" menthol hit and has a clean taste, every other menthol I've tried gave me something to nitpick after a point, but Prothol's the only stuff I can all day vape and never really complain about. Their prices are pretty ok too, not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive.

I was a 2 PAD Newport smoker so I know how hard it is to really fill that flavor profile only a Newport could give you. I safely can say that at this point however, Prothol is more satisfying and intense than any newpie I've ever smoked.

Good luck, lotsa people will give suggestions and opinions on their favorite menthol. The one I mentioned just happens to be mine, you'll find yours after a while of trying a few.

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
My wife and I are really quite thrilled about choosing Volts. They are working great for us. We ordered a bunch of pre-filled cartomizers with our starter kits, and some blanks as well. I haven't been blown away by the pre filled ones, in my limited experience. I think of all of them I like the Menthol Blast (i think that's what it's called). We have about 15 samples from different juice shops and we are having more fun experimenting and enjoying those, than using the pre filled ones! Just my 2 cents.

-J

AlB53

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Rome NY
I got my SI Volt Feb 9 this year, and was a 2 PAD smoker of lite menthol. there menthol ice is good , got mine at 18mg nic, I would get there sampler pack comes with diff flavors think they have 2 differnt sample packs. they can be harsh, I think there 100% PG. now I do mostly 70/30 PG/VG and thats working for me.
got to get one of thoes banners

Damper

Feb 22, 2012
Norway
I used to smoke one PAD of menthol cigarettes, but never liked the menthol e-juices that I ordered to start up with much. They are OK, but notthing like a real menthol cigarette. I did not care for straight tobacco when I was a smoker, but prefere the sweetish tobacco flavors for vaping. I also like vanilla very much.
Do order multiple small bottles of e-juice to start off with - or just go for the prefilled cartos in different flavours to get some idea of what kind of taste you like for vaping...
Look for sites that offers samples, or plain 3 or 5 ml. bottles - I had no idea when I ordered my first e-juices a monyh ago, and have some 30 ml. bottles that I do not like to vape...
I find that the cherry cigar (and 555) is quite strong and dry tobacco flavors, not for me...
Good luck on finding your personal favorit :)

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
If you order SI's prefilled cartridges, I'd order one of each sampler pack. My husband couldn't stand to smoke menthol cigarettes but likes the ice menthol from SI. Myself, I prefer the fruit flavored ones like watermelon and the classic grape. If you buy your liquid elsewhere, I'd recommend the small bottles, too. I've had good experiences with Elite Vaperworks different flavors. They offer free shipping, too. Good luck!

LiveLongAndV'ape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
OH10
The Vapor4Life site and forum is really great. Awesome sales all the time (e.g. I just got 49% off in their fun wheel spin promotional) and a wonderful support group in that forum. I must recommed the V4L menthol juice, Smilin' Special. It is fantastic. I smoked KOOLs and Newports and find this flavor to really be nice. Worth a look. good luck and keep vaping!

wizac

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
denver co
I smoked Menthol cigs ( ended with smooth's ) for 25 yrs and haven't found any that I like to vape much....smooth from bluemist was the best I found. My good friend likes a bunch of tobacco juices that I hated. I just about quit vaping. But I ordered a bunch of samples from several vendors and found I love Cinnamon and fruit flavors. This has surprised me because I loved menthol cigs. I have just started trying bakery flavors and found I like those too...so do yourself a favor and keep an open mind. if your like me you might find yourself getting away from anything tobacco flavored.

Fringeoflunacy

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Iowa
I will echo what a few others have said here. You should definitely try a bunch of different flavors other than menthol. I know most people go into this thinking they want a flavor that is close to their preferred brand of cigs, some think they won't be able to quit if they can't find one that's close. The fact is it's really hard to get a juice that tastes like cigarettes, because the actual burning in cigs creates that flavor. I think it's better to go in looking for something that's different from cigarettes, to help break away from the habit. I really like Highbrow Vapor, their fruit juices are divine, especially the Peach Thymbra and Orange de Sangre. Their tobacco juices are supposed to be quite good as well, but I haven't tried any and they don't have a menthol either. Good luck!

slyvest

Mar 2, 2012
new york
Well my girl came home with a BLU kit for me today. She was supposed to get me Newport's and came back saying I have been talking about the ecig for to long and not getting it. She just wants me to quit. Anyway this thing is exactly what I expected HORRIBLE. Forget batt life desighn etc. The flavor is awful! All the flavors taste almost identical to one an other and it all tastes like plain tobacco which to me is nasty. Thank god this thing has a 30 day money back gaurantee! Now I am worried this sensation / flavor is not gonna cut it. It hasent left my hand since I got it. It's high nicotine but just not cutting it. Is this what e cigs taste like? Or is it just this company like I am hoping? I am definately still getting the volt and returning this.

cmeatobx

Jan 16, 2012
VA
I like Halo's Menthol Ice. I liked the stronger menthol. I rolled my own menthol cigs using menthol filters and menthol tobacco. They have a sample kit. I think the other menthols they have are coolmist and trupure.
If you like what they have when you order the 7ml sample kit you can buy the bigger size bottle and then refill the smaller ones by twisting off the top and using the dropper. This makes them easier to carry around :)
Best of luck!

slyvest

Mar 2, 2012
new york
After my experience with this BLU I will be takeing everyones advice and try fruity flavors. Afeter this tobacco flavor from them I will be steering clear of any tobacco flavor juices. I dont minds trying different flavors just hope I can make the transition from analogs without menthol. Generally I like vanilla , cherry , caramel ,choclate stuff like that I have a real sweet tooth with food so maybe I can do it. If anyone has suggestions for company's with good juices in these flavors please let me know. Thanks.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
After my experience with this BLU I will be takeing everyones advice and try fruity flavors. Afeter this tobacco flavor from them I will be steering clear of any tobacco flavor juices. I dont minds trying different flavors just hope I can make the transition from analogs without menthol. Generally I like vanilla , cherry , caramel ,choclate stuff like that I have a real sweet tooth with food so maybe I can do it. If anyone has suggestions for company's with good juices in these flavors please let me know. Thanks.

I would not be so quick to throw in the towel on tobacco flavors. You just haven't tried the right vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread