New here. Help needed in diy juice please???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

Feel free to ask questions but here are some great links for someone new to DIY.

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - DIY Capella's Recipe Thread v2.0
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* EcigVape
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar

Vatic

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
Ohio
When you use loranns that you can purchase at the pharmacy remember that its sold as candy flavorings and there are different kinds, some OK to use for e liquid and some not.. You have to make sure it says "Flavoring" NOT "OIL". Vaping oil Is bad, Mmm'kay. and you'll want to use 10% with strawberry. Meaning if your making a 15ml bottle, you'll want to use about 1.5ml of flavoring. You can always add a smidge more to taste if ya need to but its a lot harder to take the flavoring out. :D lol. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

waverunr2001

May 23, 2015
South Carolina, USA
Well I just used a e-juice calculator to mix 15 ml's. It told me how many drops of each. 54 drops of my nic based vg. 216 drops of vg/pg. And 30 drops of the strawberry flavor oil I bought at Wal-Mart. total 300. But the thing is the drops coming off my dropper didn't look the same size for the different liquids. Because it didn't fill the bottle but just over halfway. ? And I didn't steep it at all. Do you have to?

Some DIY you can vape on right away, others need steep time.

I do my DIY by drops as well but only my flavorings.... My nic is by %.. Ie: 60mg nic base is 20% of my total product. 2 ml nic base for 10ml 12mg liquid.

My flavorings are dependent on which one. Some I do 1 drop for every 2ml of product.... 5 drops in 10ml liquid.
And some I end up with flavoring taking up a good 20% of my 10ml liquid.

You just need to start low with flavors and work your way up to what your preference is. Some are way more concentrate than others. Some will get better with a steep.

Smokestack

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Decide what base nicotine liquid you want. PG, VG or mixed. Aqueous VG or not.
Decide what Cutting liquid you want. PG, VG, or mixed. Aqueous or not.
Decide how much nicotine you want in you finished liquid and do the mathematics
Source e liquid flavourings, syringes, blunt needles, empty bottles, plenty of paper towel.
Decide whether you want VG or PG as your dominant base. Unless you go with 50/50.
Decide how much flavouring you need per mil. 10 to 15% is quite common.
Decide whether "steeping" is just hokum or not, when shaking your concoction for a couple of minutes is perfectly sufficient.
Decide whether to take advice about making e liquid from perfect strangers.

This is for those people who google "help needed in D.I.Y juice"

The pragmatic approach.

I vape ........I'm a vapist.:D.

No wucking forries.

Reactions: Smokestack

waverunr2001

May 23, 2015
South Carolina, USA
Thanks everyone for your advice. It is much appreciated. I think it would be a great idea to have people state what the steep time is along with their recipe. Right? Because as you can see by just reading this string of posts, I've got all sorts of options of how to's.
Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the comments. I just don't know if I'm smarter now or more confused. Lol tell you what, I'm going to take the next person who post advice. And I'll go from there!

DampMop

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2015
Bedford, England
Buy a cheap pack of 1ml and 10ml syringes. Then you can start playing with ml instead of drops. It'll be easier to find the sweet spot for each flavour without guessing. Good luck! DIY cut my juice costs to 10%! It's well worth the effort imo. It becomes virtually effortless once you've had a few successes.

A good calculator if you haven't got one that does ml instead of drops: DIY e-juice | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
With fruits, use a little more flavoring and you should be able to shake and vape.

Creams, custards, and complex recipes often need steep time (some need weeks!).

As long as you're doing simple recipes, drops will be fine. When you get into more complex recipes, you'll want syringes. Drops can get you a feel for if a recipe is good, or close, but it will be easier to replicate a success if you have measured it with syringes.

Reactions: Smokestack

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Steep times are hard for anyone to really say because everyone has different tastes. What tastes great without steeping to me may taste horrible to you. When I make my strawberry, cinnamon roll, grape, or banana juices, I don't have to steep them at all. I just use a tiny bit more flavoring if I am going to vape it right away. That said, I typically make a couple bottles of each at a time. For strawberry, I make one that has 18% flavoring in it, and use that as my vape right away bottle. The other bottle gets 16.67% flavoring and steeps while I am vaping the other bottle. By the time I get to the steeped bottle, it tastes almost the exact same as the one that had more flavoring in it did.

On the other hand, I have some mixes like thin mints that I have to let steep for a week or so. I tried making them ready to go right from the start, but it just didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread