• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Taxes on Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Looks like some major changes going on in Korea. Our local source is now defunct. So from what I understand, about the only way to get nicotine economically will be to import it in it's highest base concentration possible. And this certainly has its implications.

I was told that under 20ml the tax is 900 won/ml and over 20ml it's 1800won/ml...regardless of it's concentration. I'm fortunate at the moment as I've still got about a 2 year supply in my freezer, but for those who don't I believe this might be useful information.

If anyone can add to this with their own experience it would be helpful.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Looks like some major changes going on in Korea. Our local source is now defunct. So from what I understand, about the only way to get nicotine economically will be to import it in it's highest base concentration possible. And this certainly has its implications.

Like if someone's hospitalized from nicotine poisoning and the headlines go something like, E-Cigarette Hospitalizes Man, is Poison? Ugh. Like, I'd already felt it was gonna be a matter of time (if not already) before someone gets messed up with the 50% base they sell with the juice here. Now this...

I have a co-worker (Korean) whom I made juice for, who's trying to get the nic. source from me. I'm hesitant w/o the guy reading up on a proper how to since that stuff can be dangerous so I direct him to a Korean forum instead so he has some info before he gets into it. Now I guess that was pointless. Feel for the guy since he's having a helluva time trying to quit and nic juice here's super expensive. Ugh.

Thanks for the heads up.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
What these new taxes will do is force people to import base nicotine in very small, say 10ml, quantities to reduce taxes. Add a few litres of PG to the mix and you've got a hell of lot of nicotine, enough to supply most small B&M shops for a couple of months. The Korean government really hasn't thought this one through if they believe this will increase their tax revenue in lieu of lost cigarette sales. One vendor I spoke to said their nicotine sales to Korea has increased exponentially since the beginning of the year. Once the Korean government sees the errors of their way you can bet they will start charging tax on concentration per ml.

Eventually I see a complete ban on the importation of nicotine much like tobacco and alcohol. Imports will only happen with a special licence for those select few commercial entities.

Paraphernalia could be next...it's anybody's guess.

Moral of the story: Start stocking supplies as it's only going to get more expensive.

Last edited:

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Do vendors even sell in sizes that small? I haven't run across to date (and if you have any links, that'd be awesome!).

And, at least w/r/t the B&Ms around here, they only sell 500 mg/mL nicotine at .5-1 mL (I forgot the exact volume) with/without buying juice ($10/20). Even if they imported 19mL, that'd only equate to 19-38 sales, at most, which for a store, isn't great.

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
I got hit up for customs on 250ml of 200mg/ml nic in January.

Paid about 310K, although I think part of that was a penalty because it was inproperly declared.

Even with the massive tax, its still cheaper and more legit than B&Ms here.

I'm down to 6mg, so it doesn't hurt so bad. Hopefully I've got enough in the fridge till I travel to a more enlightened land.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I got hit up for customs on 250ml of 200mg/ml nic in January.

Paid about 310K, although I think part of that was a penalty because it was inproperly declared.

Even with the massive tax, its still cheaper and more legit than B&Ms here.

I'm down to 6mg, so it doesn't hurt so bad. Hopefully I've got enough in the fridge till I travel to a more enlightened land.

Holy crap... That's a massive tax grab.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
even with the tax, my nic costs are about 1200 won/30ml which doesn't really break the bank. annoying but not extinction level.

and that's 200mg/ml. If one orders the 99% stuff, it will still be ridiculously cheap even w the tax.

Where did you order from? I wonder whether ordering from HiLiq would be safe now..

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Where did you order from? I wonder whether ordering from HiLiq would be safe now..

Just bought two bottles from them at $10 a piece for "high strength" NICOTINE. Unlike before, I requested that everything be legit as I don't mind paying the potential tax.

FedEx charged me 18,000 won in Customs Tax and the package wasn't even inspected. Had it been, I had nothing to worry about as the law was followed.

This nicotine, let me say, has absolutely no "tobacco" taste when mixed with fruit flavored E-Liquid. In addition, the company is currently the #1 ranked seller of nicotine in the world.

They've never let me down and you can be sure that what you're buying is actually what it's supposed to be.

So, 20ml of nicotine = almost $50 with FedEx Shipping and Customs Tax. Not bad at all.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Just bought two bottles from them at $10 a piece for "high strength" NICOTINE. Unlike before, I requested that everything be legit as I don't mind paying the potential tax.

FedEx charged me 18,000 won in Customs Tax and the package wasn't even inspected. Had it been, I had nothing to worry about as the law was followed.

This nicotine, let me say, has absolutely no "tobacco" taste when mixed with fruit flavored E-Liquid. In addition, the company is currently the #1 ranked seller of nicotine in the world.

They've never let me down and you can be sure that what you're buying is actually what it's supposed to be.

So, 20ml of nicotine = almost $50 with FedEx Shipping and Customs Tax. Not bad at all.

Thanks procariboy! I need to ask you something about high strength nic but I can't seem to send you a pm

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Sorry, my PM doesn't work. And whatever you do, don;t post the question regarding nicotine on the forum directed at me for there'e a little envious snake in the midst who enjoys hitting the "report" button EVEN though this certain someone has just ordered the exact same stuff from the exact same vendor. AND DON'T DENY IT!

The hypocrisy is baffling. Though nothing surprises me anymore with certain fools who escape to Korea from reality Kinda creepy, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread