New to RBA'S RECOMMENDED KIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeNSizzle

Feb 8, 2016
Hi guys, I've been vaping for about 2 years and have just moved into RBA'S, I'm using the stock built RBA that came with the kanger subtank mini. What a difference to the pre built occ heads! Anyway, the coils that came out of the box read at 0.6ohm on my eleaf 30W. My question is what kanthal would you recommend to achieve the same resistance and what cotton (I have some samurai on order) to get the best flavor? And to follow that up the best way to wrap the coils? TIA

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Uk_smokeyjoe and welcome to the forum. You might want to think about changing the name as to not get confused with the owner of the forum.

I love the Subtanks rba, use a few of them daily.

Here is one of my builds for it : Coil wrapping Save and bookmark this page as you can change the wire, wire size, diameter, target , etc and the Steam Engine will figure out how you should build it.

This is using Kanthal A1, and I use the Koh Gen Do cotton for wicking. Can't tell you if it's the best but it's good to me. Look on youtube for Subtank Mini rba coil, and the jigs Kuro Koiler or Coil Master videos for learning to wrap a coil.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I use 28 awg Kanthal more than anything. It's probably a bit too thin for the ideal build if you want to dip under 1.0ohm. (0.32mm?)
26 awg is better (0.4mm?), but I can't get it under some screws on old-school atomizers (Kayfun type)
I don't mind making a 1.5ohm coil when I'd prefer just under 1.0ohm. That's where regulated box mods are so great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread