New to sub ohm, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejay84

Sep 22, 2016
I'm looking to try sub ohm. Now I want to start with a bundle that can still do both plus or sub. I have been looking at the ipower 80w 5000amh with maybe a cleito tank. I have an old mvp with nautilus mini now. I could just use the mini to vape plus ?
Also what are peoples suggestions to something similar to this bundle I'm looking at?
I will probably order from either canvape or wheatlandvapers as I'm in Canada and am told can't order juice with nic across the border?
Thanks in advance

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not familiar with either of the pair that you are thinking of.

Virtually any high wattage (30 - 200 watt) regulated mod should suit your desire for a standard and sub-ohm setup. I suggest that you watch several YouTube reviews of whatever devices you are considering, and make your choice based on design, ergonomics, feature set, temp. control (if interested), etc.

The only sub-ohm tank that I have experience with is the Uwell Crown 1. It will accept 0.5 and 0.25 ohm coils. I don't believe they have coils for standard ohm.

Others will chime in with their recommendations.

Reactions: bluejay84

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm always open to suggestions, that was just something recommended to me by Canvape.
Give us some preferences.

How many watts do you want/need in your mod?
Do you want a mod with internal batteries, or a mod that accepts removeable batteries?
If a mod with removeable batteries, how many? 1, 2, or 3 batteries?
Must it have Temp Control?

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I go from using a Nautilus Mini to a Sub Ohm tank all the time with any of the MOD's I own. A few clicks of the buttons and in TC mode for the correct coils type or just raising the wattage on a regular Kanthal build for an RDA/RDTA. I did see an advertisement for a MOD that did not do TC today but I did not catch the name.

Vape On Safely

bluejay84

Sep 22, 2016
Ok so something fairly compact as it will most likely follow me around at home and on the go. Also prefer internal batteries for now. Wattage I've never had anything that had capabilities to go higher than 11w. This is why I want to upgrade because I've been told that everything about vaping is enhanced going to higher wattages and possibly TC.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
It took me 5 RDA/RDTA's before I actually found a Sub Ohm Tank that I could appreciate higher powered Sub Ohm Vaping. I have 3 that I build the coils and wick and 2 with premade coils. I thought the Atlantis V2 was supposed to provide that ultimate Sub Ohm vape I was pursuing but even that was a disappointment. Then I got myself a Kangertech Pangu and using the SS316L coils at .5Ω, I finally said WOW! But I am not easy to please and I wanted a smooth cool vape at high power.

Grego25

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Ok so something fairly compact as it will most likely follow me around at home and on the go. Also prefer internal batteries for now. Wattage I've never had anything that had capabilities to go higher than 11w. This is why I want to upgrade because I've been told that everything about vaping is enhanced going to higher wattages and possibly TC.

Take a look at the coolfire 40w. I borrowed one when mine broke & it's a nice little box. I would have bought my own but prefer removable batteries.
Also I saw comments on the crown & subtank/toptank. I started with the crown & iirc being able to use a 1.2 coil was one of the reasons. The topbox mini kit is what I bought in the above situation. I love that setup & it's about as satisfying at 35w as my other ones are at 70 & 100. It does go up to 75 if you want more power down the road. I only bought the newest setup because my wife commandeered the kanger & I figured I would check out something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread