New vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hello and welcome! Kicked a bit over 30 year habit myself though not at once. Took a couple months of vaping and smoking (cutting down) until I was able to stop smoking altogether. Some can stop as soon as they start vaping and others it takes a bit more time. No right or wrong, what ever works. :)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
New vaper here. Mid fifties OWG trying to kick a 35 year tobacco habit. Like AOI mods; simple is good. So far 12mg of nicotine seems about right. Really like my local vape shop in SW Illinois. Banana nut bread is the bomb.
If you vape you will smoke less. If you never stop vaping sooner or later you will stop smoking and if you avoid smoking for long enough cigarettes will be so unpleasant you'll be cured, no relapse. I was a dual user for 6 weeks. I used the time to improve devices and liquid and get used to vaping. During that time my cigs went from 25 to 5 with no effort. When I tried zero cigs it felt like the effort was reduced by 80% and it worked. A brother of mine was a dual user for 10 months but finally stopped smoking and hasn't relapsed and certainly won't. The real game changer with eicgs is the relapse protection.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
really, once you find tastes etc you like... like yummy banana nut bread *drools*, you will not want the taste of tobacco no matter how you ingest it.
Vapers seem to have a lot of different priorities. The younger ones want monster clouds from big devices and nic plays a minor roll. Other people want gourmet flavors. I'm not a flavor chaser or a cloud chaser. I'll settle for good throat hit and texture and a pleasant nic buzz. I'll take that with minimal vapor and a small device so fewer people notice and I can vape in peace. Lately I'm feeling the need for even less visible vapor from an even smaller device because there seems to be more intolerance around me than when I started. To the newbie who started the thread, do what you need to do to save your money and save your life. It's worth it even if most people don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread