Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Wow, great upgrade from a starter kit. The combo you bought is top-of-the-line.

With the KayFun, are you confident about being able to build your own coils? I believe that there are a couple places where you can buy pre-made coils that will work on KayFuns, but people typically build their own, using Kanthol wire and wicking material like silica or cotton (for the svoemesto KF and some of the clones, these materials are included with the device). Coil builds are pretty easy with the KayFun, but there's a bit of a learning curve.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

-- Glenn

OK, I went with the Provari and Kayfun , researched the hell out of it, took all of you guys advice into consideration, and I'm just waiting for it to come in :) Today is day 32 with no cigs, and I am so happy about that! Yay me :) Thank you all for your help and support, you rock :toast:

Edit:

I haven't rebuilt before so I will be learning from scratch, do you recommend any youtube in particular? :

Here's a good tutorial for a simple Kanthol and silica build:

Another popular style of build uses cotton and Kanthol wrapped around a drill bit, there's a demonstration in the 2nd post of this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/534181-unrelated-thread-you-guys-nice-please-help.html

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
Being a relatively new vaper myself (just over 6 weeks since the transition from the smokes), I did a ton of research on these forums and elsewhere and decided to take the plunge and invest in a Provari a couple of weeks ago. Do I regret it? Not for a nano-second. Yes, it does the same thing as a cheaper mod or ago battery but the delivery of power is utterly consistent, dependable and doesn't change from the first to the last vape on a single battery. I justified the expense with comparing it to the amount I would have spent on smoking. The cost equated to a few weeks of smoking, except at the end of smoking for several weeks I'd have nothing to show for it, however at the end of several weeks of vaping I'd still have a Provari.

So far, started on an Evod starter kit, then added a couple of Evod spinner batteries. Thereafter followed 2 Protanks, a mini and a Protank 3. Then came the Provari. Soon after, rebuilding coils with cotton followed. Now I'm awaiting a Kayfun Lite Plus delivery.

Ultimately, it's great fun experimenting, but that's trumped by the most important factor…..no smokes in 6 weeks. After over 20 years of smoking, that's the biggest joy. Not being tied to the ciggs.

Best of luck.

deborahbeaman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Springfield, MO
Being a relatively new vaper myself (just over 6 weeks since the transition from the smokes), I did a ton of research on these forums and elsewhere and decided to take the plunge and invest in a Provari a couple of weeks ago. Do I regret it? Not for a nano-second. Yes, it does the same thing as a cheaper mod or ago battery but the delivery of power is utterly consistent, dependable and doesn't change from the first to the last vape on a single battery. I justified the expense with comparing it to the amount I would have spent on smoking. The cost equated to a few weeks of smoking, except at the end of smoking for several weeks I'd have nothing to show for it, however at the end of several weeks of vaping I'd still have a Provari.

So far, started on an Evod starter kit, then added a couple of Evod spinner batteries. Thereafter followed 2 Protanks, a mini and a Protank 3. Then came the Provari. Soon after, rebuilding coils with cotton followed. Now I'm awaiting a Kayfun Lite Plus delivery.

Ultimately, it's great fun experimenting, but that's trumped by the most important factor…..no smokes in 6 weeks. After over 20 years of smoking, that's the biggest joy. Not being tied to the ciggs.

Best of luck.

I had to look twice to make sure I hadn't posted this! LOL that's is almost the exact same route I took, and for the same reasons LOL great minds think alike :)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I started with V2's, then ego with protank, then to a Provari with PT, got rid of the pt's when I bought the Russian rba, then progressed to mechanicals and more rba's, sold the Provari and got a Futura DNA30, and have the SuperMax soon to be completed. Also have the Beast Box VV, which puts out a little over 20 watts. It's a progressive disease umm hobby. I am 10 months into my vaping career with no concern of ever returning to light up a smoke. Once the Max is delivered, I'll have 7 mods, 3 regulated, 4 mechanical, and about 9 rba's. I have given away all my V2's, ego's and protanks to friends and family. Since I have started vaping, have corrupted I mean converted, about 7 fellow employees at work.

Yeah, a Provari or quality regulated device is a natural progression in the search for more satisfaction. Tis the beginning of a great collection of mods.

Vape long and Prosper!!!

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I started out with the V2 but got tired of constantly having to change out batteries cause even they performed good for me the battery life on them sucks. I then switched to Vision Spinners but didn't like the disposibility of them.

Then I decide to get me a couple of Vamo so I only had to get batteries....after 6 months the threads stripped on both rendering them useless. I did get a MVP 2 which I love but it too is disposable and will prob last a year.

Finally I decided to get a Provari. Best decision I ever made vape wise. Now I wish I had by passed all the spinners and vamos and just went straight to this. For the money I paid for all that stuff I could had purchased one.

My advice is to skip all the other stuff and just get the Provari. The quality is so much better and the vape is better on it too especially with a carto tank. Im not a Provari snob but I just know good quality when I see it.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I didn't know that ProVape sells KFs. I just ordered a KFL+ myself, from a local seller, to replace a KF clone that I've been happily using.

Not 100% sure whether this will go with the KF/KFL -- someone on the ECF/ProVari subforum might know this -- but ProVape has just started selling a very inexpensive 'beauty' ring for a flush look when pairing your ProVari with an RBA: ProVari Tank Ring.

Also, be sure to check out the ECF/Rebuildable Atomizers subforum once your KFL+ arrives, there are a number of active threads about various KF builds.

-- Glenn

I ordered mine from Provape, they just got a shipment back in, the Kayfun lite plus

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Lol.

When I've got cravings to purchase still more E-Cig gear, I try saying the vaper's serenity prayer:

God, grant me the serenity,
To accept the e-liquids I cannot change,
The courage to change the coils I can,
And the wisdom to know the diff.​

-- Glenn

I started with V2's, then ego with protank, then to a Provari with PT, got rid of the pt's when I bought the Russian rba, then progressed to mechanicals and more rba's, sold the Provari and got a Futura DNA30, and have the SuperMax soon to be completed. Also have the Beast Box VV, which puts out a little over 20 watts. It's a progressive disease umm hobby.....

deborahbeaman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Springfield, MO
I didn't know that ProVape sells KFs. I just ordered a KFL+ myself, from a local seller, to replace a KF clone that I've been happily using.

Not 100% sure whether this will go with the KF/KFL -- someone on the ECF/ProVari subforum might know this -- but ProVape has just started selling a very inexpensive 'beauty' ring for a flush look when pairing your ProVari with an RBA: ProVari Tank Ring.

Also, be sure to check out the ECF/Rebuildable Atomizers subforum once your KFL+ arrives, there are a number of active threads about various KF builds.

-- Glenn
Sorry, that was incorrect, should have said vaperev... all my vapes are running together :facepalm: thanks for catching this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread