Nicotine isn't tobacco, and other reasons not to hate the vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
The federal government wants to regulate e-cigarettes - saying it wants to protect young people from nicotine. Mark Tyndall, of the B.C. (Canada) Centre for Disease Control, says we need to stop believing nicotine is the bad part of a cigarette.

Nicotine isn't tobacco, and other reasons not to hate the vape

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Tache

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
BC Canada
interesting! sofar my province isn't to bad... hopefully the feds do the right thing in november!
Actually, our province is pretty bad. Bill 14 came into force by Order in Council recently. It basically adds "Vapour Products" to the "tobacco Control Act" ( now the Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Act) which puts pretty much the same restrictions on vaping as on Smoking. So the 7 metre (over 21 feet for our US friends) away from doors and windows etc. theoretically applies to vaping too. In downtown Victoria that means you'd have to stand out in traffic to smoke or vape legally. In addition, although no tax has been proposed, by association the Tobacco Tax act (referenced in the Tobacco Control Act ) could apply to Vapour products.

The thing that gives me hope is that the Deputy Medical Officer (noted in the OP) has the right attitude. I'm hoping he'll succeed where I didn't when I sent a .pdf copy of Clive Bates's briefing for policy makers to every single MLA in the legislature prior to the original vote on Bill 14 - which got rammed through anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread