NiteCore New I4 (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assi

Multiple ID Suspension
Jun 2, 2016
I am not electric-Ing., but as far as I know Li-Ion charging method is CC-CV. The TC that xtar mention is relevant, when a battery is slightly deep discharged. The charger detect the voltage in the battery and Charge with lower current, till the battery reaches a certain Level of Voltage.
Almost all new microprocessor controlled Chargers nowadays are doing that.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I am not electric-Ing., but as far as I know Li-Ion charging method is CC-CV. The TC that Xtar mention is relevant, when a battery is slightly deep discharged. The charger detect the voltage in the battery and Charge with lower current, till the battery reaches a certain Level of Voltage.
Almost all new microprocessor controlled Chargers nowadays are doing that.

Li-on chargers supply a constant current, detect ascending voltage, and maintain voltage at a preset max level until the current reaches a set cutoff point.

It's the same way that cell phone chargers work to charge flat pack lithium cells.

DarkOne

Apr 20, 2017
Greece
I bought the Nitecore Intellicharger New i4 and i send an email to Nitecore for more specifications so here what they send me:
Thanks so much for your support of NITECORE's products.
For New I4 charger, firstly, I want to let you know that the slot 1&3 are use same circuit, and slot 2&4 are use same circuit.
1. Only one battery, no matter which slot, it all would charged at 1.5A automatically.
2. For two batteries, no matter which two slots, they all would charged at 0.75A automatically.
3. For three batteries, use slot 1&2&3, the battery in the second slot will be charged at 0.75A, whilst the other
two batteries will be charged at 0.375A each (because slot 1 and slot 3 are use the same circuit, the charging current would be average at 0.75A/2=0.375A). On the contrary, if use slot 2&3&4, the battery in the third slot will be charged at 0.75A, whilst the other two batteries will be charged at 0.375A each (because slot 2 and slot 4 are use the same circuit, the charging current would be average at 0.75A/2=0.375A).
4. For four batteries, all would charged at 0.375A.
During the charging process, the first LED would blink firstly, after a while, the first one would become solid and the second LED would blink. If all three LEDs become solid. it means the battery has been fully-charged.
PS: All batteries would be charged together at different charging current.
Hope this would help you.
Thanks,
NITECORE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread