Travel and Vaping No issues flying with multiple e-cigs and lots of juice from EWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
A few days ago I took my first flight while traveling with my PV's. I had the following, all in my carry-on:

Cronus clone with Helios RDA clone
Sentinel M16 clone with Nimbus RDA clone
iTaste MVP 2.0 with Igo-L
iTaste VV 3.0 with EVOD clearomizer
(2) 18650 batteries
(2) 18350 batteries
Ziploc bag stuffed with various sized bottles of ejuice (3 mL - 30 mL), most unlabeled

I expected, at the least, a few questions about what they were. I put the liquid into the tray, and everything else was left in my carry-on. All of the loose batteries were removed from my mods and stored in a small clear plastic battery case. Everything goes through the machine, I went through the metal detector, and retrieved my carry-on on the other side without even being asked anything.

I was pleasantly surprised. We'll see how things go on the return trip -- through Grand Forks, ND. It's a tiny airport with only two gates.

Last edited:

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Same deal going through security at Grand Forks Airport in North Dakota. As I mentioned above, this is a very tiny airport with only two gates. There are only 4 outbound flights and 5 inbound flights each day, all are small (< 50 seat) regional jets and turboprops. There is a single security station, and it is actually closed for most of the day, only opening an hour before the next departure, and closing after the departure closes the cabin door.

I was expecting some questions about all my mods since there was a good chance the TSA personnel has never even seen an APV let alone a mechanical mod. But it was just as smooth as back in Newark. Juice went in the Ziploc bag for liquids, batteries for the mechanical mods were removed and stored in clear plastic battery cases, and all the mods were packed in my carry-on. It went through the scanner, the agent pulled it back through the scanner to get a second look, then released it. No questions were asked of me.

palmmute

Dec 4, 2012
southern CA
Just wanted to chime in and share my recent TSA experiences as well. I had no problems at all. I had an 18650 mechanical, drip atty, 3 batteries - one in the mod itself and two in a clear case. The atty and mod were not disassembled. I had all this and two bottles of juice in one of those ego starter kit cases. The airports that I flew out of were Seattle (Seatac), John Wayne (Santa Ana, CA), and Newark, Nj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread