No more bulk pricing at Mt. Baker at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
As many of you know, Mt. Baker used to have big 236mL bottles. They removed these big bottles and went to having bulk pricing for 5 or 10 30mL bottles. Now they have removed the bulk pricing, at least for the time being. I did a live chat with them and this is what they said:

MBV: We did offer the multipacks to offset the discontinued 236 ml bottle. Unfortunately these size options were causing issues in our new inventory system that we had switched to in order to stay compliant with the FDA. At this time the company decided to remove the bulk options so we can work to resolve the issues. We are hoping they will become available in the near future, or a bulk discount will replace them.

Me: Why did you remove the bulk pricing?

MBV: It was causing issues with our inventory system, so until we get that solved, we cannot offer bulk pricing.

I'm not sure if I'm buying this. I hope they get it resolved.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I don't understand why, if they can't offer big bottles, that they can't offer a discount on the small bottles when purchased "together in bulk".??

Seems like they would have a programmer who can fix the shopping cart software to do something simple like that.

Ah well, in a way AR law did me a favor when they passed their ejuice online sales laws.......I DIY now and save money and don't have to go thru all this crap, and age verification, etc.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
As many of you know, Mt. Baker used to have big 236mL bottles. They removed these big bottles and went to having bulk pricing for 5 or 10 30mL bottles. Now they have removed the bulk pricing, at least for the time being. I did a live chat with them and this is what they said:

MBV: We did offer the multipacks to offset the discontinued 236 ml bottle. Unfortunately these size options were causing issues in our new inventory system that we had switched to in order to stay compliant with the FDA. At this time the company decided to remove the bulk options so we can work to resolve the issues. We are hoping they will become available in the near future, or a bulk discount will replace them.

Me: Why did you remove the bulk pricing?

MBV: It was causing issues with our inventory system, so until we get that solved, we cannot offer bulk pricing.

I'm not sure if I'm buying this. I hope they get it resolved.
I run one of the most exclusive juice companys in the world. It's so exclusive it only has one customer (me). There is only one price no matter how much I make, 1.2 cents per ml. (At that price quantity discounts would be kind of silly.) The bottle costs more than the liquid so I always refill it. Reusing the bottle reduces the cost by more than half. Plus it helps reduce global warming and saves space in the local landfill. With the FDA breathing down our necks probably everybody should start a juice company. I'm still searching for a catchy name for mine.

Joking aside, have you considered DIY?

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Yeah not buying the excuse. They've stated in recent weeks they would
be doing away with 236 ml bottles and the Build Your Own Juice section,
citing the FDA as the excuse. But then other employees have stated other
reasons, so there is a bit of a conflict.
I've bought off and on from them since I started vaping in 2013. They've
been very good to me. But they've changed a lot recently. And I no longer
need to buy premade juice from them anyway. I have a few theories as to
what's going on over there, but I don't know for sure so not going to say
anything at this point. And the fact that they use Blue Check for
age verification, I just haven't decided yet which vendors will get my business
from here on out. :(

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Yeah, I'm not sure. I bought 5-30mL bottles a couple of weeks ago, bulk price at checkout, no problems. The tell will be, if the bulk price comes back or not.

Maybe they are trying to improve their bottom line to pay for all the applications that they will need to pay for in the next two years. I could understand that and even at the 30mL single unit price, they aren't that high compared with a lot of juice makers. If this was the case, they'd be better off just being up front about it

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwhite87

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I don't understand why, if they can't offer big bottles, that they can't offer a discount on the small bottles when purchased "together in bulk".??

Seems like they would have a programmer who can fix the shopping cart software to do something simple like that.

Ah well, in a way AR law did me a favor when they passed their ejuice online sales laws.......I DIY now and save money and don't have to go thru all this crap, and age verification, etc.
Sounds like government accountability issue to me, and instead of a Programmer what might be needed is some clarity of the Regs. Which with anything of that nature will take awhile.
And yes they are attempting to please us(customers) while they wait and of course change cost money:rolleyes::cry:

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Sounds like government accountability issue to me, and instead of a Programmer what might be needed is some clarity of the Regs. Which with anything of that nature will take awhile.
And yes they are attempting to please us(customers) while they wait and of course change cost money:rolleyes::cry:

I'm not sure what in the regs would be of concern regarding small bulk pricing.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
:)
I'm not sure what in the regs would be of concern regarding small bulk pricing.
Sometimes it's the quantity of the product not the price of;) And I would presume that our government also assigned Inventory Control for there tracking of course. Which would make it difficult and expensive to comply with.
I experienced similar when the EPA turned something simply like giving someone a Rattle Can of paint a 30 minutes of laborious task for both parties. So it's not always an issue of $$ even though $$ is involved.
Mind you this is merely speculation on my part. But it's based upon past experience :)

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I quit buying at MBV when they quit selling the 236 size bottles..
82c483f3e98019d0efa787e1a750966a.jpg

Now I order the 240ml bottle from
Verde Valley Vapes.. $32 and I got two 100ml bottles free...that's 340ml of premium juice for under $40 including shipping....lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
:)
Sometimes it's the quantity of the product not the price of;) And I would presume that our government also assigned Inventory Control for there tracking of course. Which would make it difficult and expensive to comply with.
I experienced similar when the EPA turned something simply like giving someone a Rattle Can of paint a 30 minutes of laborious task for both parties. So it's not always an issue of $$ even though $$ is involved.
Mind you this is merely speculation on my part. But it's based upon past experience :)

Maybe, it seems like the items would have the same sku number, just adding a discount at purchase, but I don't really know

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I quit buying at MBV when they quit selling the 236 size bottles..
82c483f3e98019d0efa787e1a750966a.jpg

Now I order the 240ml bottle from
Verde Valley Vapes.. $32 and I got two 100ml bottles free...that's 340ml of premium juice for under $40 including shipping....lol

I may give them a try. Do they have anything like Hawk Sauce, do you know?

Reactions: smacksy

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I may give them a try. Do they have anything like Hawk Sauce, do you know?
I'm not sure...you can look on their website..These three I got are very good in a 75/25 mix..really liking the Honey Milk and Cinnamon Cream

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I am going to be trying out YouGotJuice next week. 100% diketone free as well. They have 240ML bottles for $38 bucks, and they have lab reports for their juice.

I wanted to try Verde Valley Vapes, but they don't have lab reports, and state they have a couple juices that have acetoin and acetyl propionyl, but don't say which ones. Not happy about that.

Check out TiaVapes on YouTube. She has reviewed a ton of YouGotJuice flavors, and they seem like they would be awesome.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I wanted to try Verde Valley Vapes, but they don't have lab reports, and state they have a couple juices that have acetoin and acetyl propionyl, but don't say which ones. Not happy about that.
Yeah I noticed that as well and was not crazy about it. Might mark them off the list.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yeah I noticed that as well and was not crazy about it. Might mark them off the list.

Nobody is going to be listing lab reports at this point, nor are they going to be mentioning their tests online. This implies a "health claim" according to the FDA and would subject the company to a cease and desist letter.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I am going to be trying out YouGotJuice next week. 100% diketone free as well. They have 240ML bottles for $38 bucks, and they have lab reports for their juice.

Check out TiaVapes on YouTube. She has reviewed a ton of YouGotJuice flavors, and they seem like they would be awesome.
I buy from them all the time and just about the only juice I really like from a vendor. Their juice is excellent, and I think you'll be rather pleased. I haven't ordered since they started using Blue Check. I still have a lot of juice from them.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Nobody is going to be listing lab reports at this point, nor are they going to be mentioning their tests online. This implies a "health claim" according to the FDA and would subject the company to a cease and desist letter.

Halo cigs, and a handful of other vendors still have lab reports up on their site. I know MR E Liquid took down lab reports and states "Modified Risk" as the reason, but according to the fda a modified risk application is only required if you state your product is less harmful, reduces exposure to a harmful substance, or free of something harmful like diacetyl etc...

I think manufactures like halo are just saying "Test Results" now.

Here is the link to the FDA MRTB requirement form
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/TobaccoProductReviewEvaluation/UCM455814.pdf

If you can shoot me a link to the FDA "Health Claim" page or pdf I would like to read it to make sure I am understanding correctly.

Thanks man!
God Bless!!

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Manufacturing

Displaying the test results with no accompanying text implying it's "safe" may be OK. We'll have to see if the FDA sees it that way or not. They're pretty ruthless on implied health claims.

Appreciate the link. I have read all this before, but didn't see anything about why manufactures can't post lab results. Only thing I could find was what I posted above. I will need to do some more research on that.

Thanks man
God Bless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread