O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
So I ordered a 510 Drip Tip Adapter for eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer to see if it actually worked. It worked fantastically, so I ordered six more (because if something works you need more than one)--but they don't work. On the first one I got, the o-ring fills up the slot in which it sits and sticks out from the walls just a bit (you know, like an o-ring is supposed to do). On the six that don't fit, the o-ring is about half as wide as the slot and sits perfectly flush with the walls of the adapter--so of course they just slide in and out of the eMDCC without really making contact at all. So what I need is the proper o-rings.

None of the o-rings listed on the site says they are compatible with these adapters. It looks to me like Outer Replacement O-Ring for the 3.5mL Dual Coil Tank would work, but I don't have enough information to be reasonably sure and I didn't want to spend $3 shipping to find out if a 30 cent part works--especially to find out it doesn't. I didn't want to put in a ticket to ask the question because my experience with madvapes' customer service is that they don't ask (or answer) questions, they just replace the part--and I didn't want them to spend the money shipping me replacement parts either (especially if the replacements had the too-small o-rings as well)--but I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I put in the ticket asking if they new which o-rings fit, pointing to the ones I thought might, and providing a photo of the sort-of defective adapter.

I didn't get an answer to what size o-rings the adapters use. I did get six more adapters. Their o-rings are also too small. I now have 12 adapters that won't fit and no idea what size o-rings I need. I won't put in another ticket because I don't need 18 adapters that won't work and I don't want madvapes to keep wasting money and parts shipping me replacements (I've been through this before). If I do I know it will eventually get fixed, but madvapes will waste a lot of time and money eventually making it right :(

Does anyone know what size o-rings these things are suppose to have? I don't have the means to measure the one that works and I don't have any o-rings to try on the ones that don't.

And to Hoogie (because I know you read everything here): There is such a thing as having your customer service be too good :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread