Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I've seen a couple of YouTube reviews on it, and it looks sweet!

Love the top fill of this tank! Also has the ability to allow user to open or close juice holes in the atty, to customize for high VG or high PG juices.. although, with all of the tanks I'm currently using, I haven't had an issue with flooding or dry hits, so that doesn't thrill me as much as the ability to top fill the tank, without removing it from your mod.

ly8375

Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've seen a couple of YouTube reviews on it, and it looks sweet!

Love the top fill of this tank! Also has the ability to allow user to open or close juice holes in the atty, to customize for high VG or high PG juices.. although, with all of the tanks I'm currently using, I haven't had an issue with flooding or dry hits, so that doesn't thrill me as much as the ability to top fill the tank, without removing it from your mod.
Just checked with my local shops. No one carry this tank right now.

ly8375

Nov 13, 2012
NY
Hand Check!!!
OBS T-VCT Sub Tank .jpg

Reactions: MikeyConti

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
I got one of these earlier. I like the look and top fill. I tried a new juice in it and hated the flavor and it seemed like this coil couldn't keep up with the max vg like my Starre tank does. To be fair, I didn't like the juice in my rda either. lol I am disappointed no other coils work in this tank. I'll hold onto it for the time being and then check it out when the .2 triangle dual coils come out for it. I see what the reviewers of this tank so far are saying...the design of the coil head has potential but the single vertical coils shipping with the tank are not that good. If you're used to the flavor and vapor production of the Starre, Herakles or Arctic...you'll be disappointed IMO. It sucks because this tank has a lot of other things going for it.

Reactions: MikeyConti

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I ordered one of these for about $20 recently during a 3-day sale from Code-3 Vapor. Then I got an RDA deck for it and some ni200 coils for it from Vapor World (cheapest price I could find online at the time - which was pretty good). I still haven't got any of the gear yet, but I intend to run it on a 75W IPV D2 mini box mod with temperature control - which I am also waiting on (they just came out only a few days ago).

I'm allergic to PG, and usually don't have much time or patience for building my own coils. I'm a mouth to lung vaper, but most clearomizers don't run all that well with high VG juices - even when I thin the juice. I've already tried a Subtank Mini with 1.2 ohm coils, but it wasn't for me. I'm hoping a good low power range sub ohm tank setup with nickel coils will mouth to lung high VG juice well. I'm taking a bit of a chance on my the OBS T-VCT. It has such good features though, I can't help but give it a shot. Has anyone else here used one of these to mouth to lung vape, using nickel coils, possibly with a more narrow drip tip?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Mine came in just the other day. It was a little bigger than I thought, but is still only the size of a Subtank Mini. It looks to be well made and finished. The drip tip is pretty wide bore, so I put an old narrow Kayfun Lite drip tip of mine on it for now, which fits tight - as did the wide bore that came with the tank. Hopefully the narrow drip tip will help with MTL vaping.

The tank came with two 0.5 ohm coils, which is all I have for it now. I haven't used it yet, as all I've got to try it on for now is a lone iStick Mini 30W. I don't think that is quite enough to give it a fair shake. I can hardly wait for the ni200 coils and IPV D2 to arrive. For now the tank is just sitting on top of my dresser, looking pretty, but rather lonely.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
One minor negative I've noticed with the OBS T-VCT is that there is nothing to grip on the bottom of the tank when opening it up to change the coil head. Because of this I tend to rotate the airflow control dial out of wherever I've set it when unscrewing the bottom of the tank. It is not a big deal, but something to be aware of. I don't recall the Subtank Mini having that sort of issue. I'm not familiar with how other tanks are setup when it comes to this. Seems like a minor design issue that could be corrected in version 2.

Another issue, at least on mine, the e-liquid flow and cutoff control ring just goes round and round, so knowing when you've turned it enough to know the flow is cutoff, and the fill holes are lined up at the top, that can be hit and miss without lining things up just right before you start. If you have plenty of light to work in, no problem, but that could get tricky in a low light situation - like while driving your car at night. Some other tanks look like they may have a more straight forward positive flow off/on design for top filling without risk of inadvertent leaks. This REALLY needs to be corrected in version 2.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I tried this tank out finally with just the supplied 0.5 ohm coil heads. Mouth to lung hits using narrow Kayfun drip tip, currently at no higher than 14 watts, with airflow set to less than a circle on both sides of tank. Working okay for MTL after initial break-in of coil, though I'll obviously have to use much lower nicotine level juice in future, as throat hit is pretty high and harsh on this device with 12mg juice.

One big negative so far that I've yet to resolve - juice slowly leaks into the airflow chamber, then leaks out the airflow slots. Tightening the coils down, reducing juice intake, and being extra careful about top filling hasn't resolved the issue. I'm hoping the 0.25 ohm ni200 coils may not have this issue, but if they do I'm likely done with this tank. Too bad, but I may need something different for an optimal High VG MTL vape anyway.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Regarding slow leaks with this tank, I tried the following experiment. I filled the tank up from the top all the way, then just let the tank sit standing up in a RDA build stand. Several days later...no leaks, so I think the earlier reported leakage is more likely due to just letting the juice level get to low. If it gets low enough, down where the juice holes are, the tank will leak. Otherwise, probably not. That's a relief.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I haven't had much luck so far using this tank for MTL using stock 0.25 ohm nickel coils on the IPV D2. With airflow restricted, even at low joule settings, the coil gets to hit for low max temp settings. Once I get into higher max temp settings, I start to feel near dry hits fairly regularly. But if you don't have max temp set high, say 440F or so, then not enough power is being delivered to get much vapor - especially when chain vaping.

Temperature control may just be a sub ohm lung hit compatible thing that has no place for MTL vaping. At least with the equipment that is currently available, unless you want to build your own coils - which I never seem to have time for.

This OBS tank leaking like a sieve once the juice gets 1/3 of the way down has turned out to be a PITA. Even vaping at low'ish power (13 or so joules), the tank eats up juice pretty quick - so you get down that low frequently. If your not paying attention, all of a sudden you've got juice all over the place. I'm disappointed with this tank. Too bad, as it seemed like the tank could've been a winner. With the leaking, it really isn't a 6ml tank, it is more of a 3-4ml tank - and there are better competitors with that level of juice capacity that don't leak.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
What, you've never MTL'd on a sub ohm tank with the airflow turned down low and using a narrow 510 drip tip?

It can work, but that depends on a lot of variables, including the tank design, etc.

A 0.25 ohm ni200 coil mounted on a TC device is not the same animal as 0.25 ohm kanthal coil either. Big difference, depending on where your max temperature is set and how high you want the power to ramp up in that coil before TC backs it off - and how quickly heat disipates off of whatever tank or dripper you happen to be using. I'm new to TC though, so I don't know what is or isn't possible with it. No one seems to for sure. That's why I'm experimenting with it. Next up to try out on the IPV D2 will be a Mini Nautilus with Vapor Shark 0.3 ohm ni200 coils, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread