OEM 808-ego tech info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Via!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Jacksonville FL
it didn't come with Mr.M, I appreciate the help sir. off to radio shack.

Sorry for the late reply...but the ego was "originally" pictured with two chargers, two batts, one tank, 5 cartos and the USB pass thru...they dropped the price and the pass thru was no longer pictured..I called CS, and they said "we are out of them"...well...ok...(but still advertised as a regular $99 kit)

Then it came with only ONE charger instead of two, and the price dropped

Now, the price has dropped again and there is NO tank included...I ordered a "silver" just before they removed the tanks, and I received a GREEN tank, not silver...

CURRENTLY COMES WITH 2batts, one charger and 5 cartos (and still advertised as regularly priced at $99)

Last edited:

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
I was ecstatic when they halved the price on the single kit, which had 1 batt, 1 mega cart, 1 tank, 1 slim charger for $25 - they did not include the PT (this was about 1 1/2 weeks ago). I ordered two of these kits for $50 instead of the other EGO double-batt kit, because you get an extra slim charger for free. I actually LOVE the mega cartos! So when the weekly specials came out this week, I had to go and order more mega cartos, then ended up getting one more single kit, which now did not include the tank - no big loss IMO, still a hell of a deal. These 900 mAh batts are the bomb, and although it's a big cigar when connected to the mega cart, I find it very well balanced compared to the awkward imbalance of the tanks, especially on a Titan batt. These batts are the best thing to use for anything 1.5 or 2 ohm - simply last a lot longer than any of the other options as Morandir has articulated in detail. I had almost ordered these from another vendor about 6 months ago, but my loyalty to V4L held me back (never used another vendor since Oct 09).

I did get a rather annoyed reaction from the wife though - "What, are you smoking fake cigars now?" I just smiled and blew a huge plume of sweet smelling Blackjack at her :)

Sorry for the late reply...but the ego was "originally" pictured with two chargers, two batts, one tank, 5 cartos and the USB pass thru...they dropped the price and the pass thru was no longer pictured..I called CS, and they said "we are out of them"...well...ok...(but still advertised as a regular $99 kit)

Now, the price has dropped again and there is NO tank included...I ordered a "silver" just before they removed the tanks, and I received a GREEN tank, not silver...

CURRENTLY COMES WITH 2batts, one charger and 5 cartos (and still advertised as regularly priced at $99)

Last edited:

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
Via, I think they are also struggling with getting orders packed right.....
When the prices dropped, I ordered black kit. It was described as 2 batts, slim charger, tank, 5 cartos and 10 drip tips. The tank and charger did not arrive, but a support ticket fixed that. The next week, I ordered again, black was out so I got silver. last week everything arrived, except for the 5 extra drip tips (I don't like those, so I don't care but they make a pretty good fitting to blast them with a big syringe for cleaning). And now lo-and-behold you are right, it is now pictured without a tank. Then, another order I placed was for juice and 3ohm replacement tank cartos. 2ohms arrived, and I opened a ticket to inform.... (I don't need them reshipped, its not worth it) but the name of the person who filled the order was the same as the one that was missing the charger and tank, so I thought V4L might want to know who might need a little extra mentoring.

I agree jamvector, no big loss on the tanks IMHO. I think the 3.5ml tank balances out better on it (same diameter as the batt) than the 6ml tanks, but still isnt as elegant a form-factor as the mega carts, which hold as much, and are far easier to top off, and have a more dense vapor delivery than the "jet" of vapor from a tank.... and yes, my wife also commented about "electronic cigars". But these ego's are really nice too that I can shut them off completely and stuff it in my back pocket... forgot to one time though and was bending over to do some thing in the yard, and started smelling my V4L No7.... I'd activated the button in my tight pocket! :lol:

Last edited:

ian559

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I now have 3 sets of these ego's. I had been using a ego-c 650mAh battery and the same style Mega carto in 510 for a while now. I have black, green and pink. The hit with the dual coil carts is amazing on these things to me. My last cart with Wow Cowboy Menthol I got over 80 mls in it until the drawl was too tight. On my last mega with 18mg Wow Nuport I got just over 50 mls through it. At 3.99 each it these just went in the trash at that point. 10 mls less than 3 bottles of juice through it is amazing to me. I still use tanks on my Titan xl manuals but with the ego I prefer the mega carts.

As for the service... I have placed 12 orders with V4L in since 2/2. Yes I had one order messed up. Was fixed and reshipped the same day and they let me keep the mix up flavor which I now love. I have dealt with many companies and have been screwed more than once. Messed up orders will happen but its how I am treated when they do that keep me shopping with V4L.

ShankUO

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
East Coast
I'm with you ian with the cs help. I have placed many orders myself since around January and have had some screw ups, however they take care of the problem stat! I really hope they stock their ego's soon as they only have pink available and I'm only running on one ego battery! I love my ego for the length of time between charges.

ian559

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
I love my "pink" Ego's. They sure get attention ROTFL!!!

Its funny but I have a provari, lava tube, and empire mod but the vapor out of this lowly ego and the dual coil cart is great. I find myself leaving my provari at home now... Its my evening vape. The egos go everywhere with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread