Parallel 18650 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdjrailx

Nov 29, 2014
Other then fitting the dual sled, being a parallel I would look at mosfets.
Also yes voltage stays the same.
29c9d726dfc68abd14834e889cab730d.jpg

This is a good sample photo, I didn't make it but built something similar.

Last edited:

EyesoreJr

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
Steeler Country
It's a regulated mod but I wanted to make a new door for the battery compartment to accept two 18650s in parallel. It already has all the protections for reverse and such. I just figured in parallel it's the same voltage. I know that new istick has two parallel and is able to also run on one so I figured I could do the same with my mod.

Romenov

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
It's a regulated mod but I wanted to make a new door for the battery compartment to accept two 18650s in parallel. It already has all the protections for reverse and such. I just figured in parallel it's the same voltage. I know that new istick has two parallel and is able to also run on one so I figured I could do the same with my mod.

I know iStick 100W TC mod is a parallel mod, but what about the Cuboid? there's nothing about parallel on their page but it the mod display two batt. bars on the screen, does it means it's parallel? does it support installing one battery only?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I know iStick 100W TC mod is a parallel mod, but what about the Cuboid? there's nothing about parallel on their page but it the mod display two batt. bars on the screen, does it means it's parallel? does it support installing one battery only?
Cuboid is series. I tested both mini and cuboid with the puff timer, same settings, same battery same build, 30 max watts. The endurance was the same. I wanted more endurance, not high watts, oops.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
thanks for the info! so parallel mods are much more endurance?
In parallel, when the mod is firing, my understanding is half the amps are drawn from each battery.

If vapers are going to be responsible for choosing and using replacable batteries it's important to have a very good understanding of the math. If that's too much effort regulated mods with built in batteries are a better choice.

Romenov

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
In parallel, when the mod is firing, my understanding is half the amps are drawn from each battery.

If vapers are going to be responsible for choosing and using replacable batteries it's important to have a very good understanding of the math. If that's too much effort regulated mods with built in batteries are a better choice.
ahh yes, I do have mod with built-in battery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread