1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

PG juice at Walgreens?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by DyZiE, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DyZiE

DyZiE Senior Member ECF Veteran

So i think i remenber reading somewhere in here that you can buy pg juice from some walgreens or perhaps at some grocery stores.
    so has anyone else found pg juice anywhere besides online? and if i were find it in walgreens where (what section) would it be. what is it generally sold as/for?

thx

2. BARENETTED

BARENETTED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I believe you can get it in a health food store as well as a pharmacy.

I got mine from a pharmacy.

3. souporvapor

souporvapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Haven't found PG at all. VG available at local health food co-op
    at twice the price (over $16/16 oz) as a chain 'super' vitamin supplement store.
    PS - the supplement store also had a 4 oz bottle - easy to try out before a major investment.

Blessings in all your choices
    No SmokeKat

4. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It sure isn't "juice" so don't ask for that! Tractor Supply has it in my area. A pharmacy might have it if you ask for propylene glycol, pharmaceutical grade.

5. mastervapor

mastervapor Full Member

CVS in the cosmetics dept. Usually on the bottom shelve. Pure glyserine. Around $6.00.

6. Randall Fox

Randall Fox Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

VG (vegetable glycerine) can be found at wal-mart or almost any drug store in the Rx skin care section. $3-5 for 6-12 oz. It is used as a skin moisturizer.

PG (propylene glycol) can be found at almost any feed store. $20-30 per gallon. It is used to prevent/treat ketosis in cattle.

Make sure you get USP grade to ensure quality, and it would be a good idea not to mention its intended use.

7. DyZiE

is it safe to use pure glycorine <--- impossible to spell and too lazy to spell check (google is a great spell check)

8. Elendil

Elendil Assclown Exterminator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Farm & Fleet or Tractor Supply Co. Are excellent and inexpensive sources. Make sure to get USP grade..........

9. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Full Member

I got lucky at a local feed store. Finally found some on a clearance shelf $12 for a gallon.

10. hobson

hobson Senior Member ECF Veteran

I purchased glycerin at CVS and then read the tiny print on the back that said 'for external use only' so I opted to get NOW glycerin from Whole Foods. Walgreens pharmacies in Houston would not sell PG to me so after much searching I found a compounding pharmacy. If the bottle has proper labeling they will sell it without a prescription.

11. zazz

zazz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

yeah, so is it ok to use the glycerin at walmart pharmacy? i saw some for like $3 a bottle. i didnt look for much details but it said something like 99% glycerin and something else.

12. Flitzanu

Flitzanu Ultra Member ECF Veteran

why not mention your intended use?

as for Walgreens, ask the pharmacist if they can sell you PG. they use it in compounding.

note...here in OK, they WILL NOT sell it. i've heard others say they bought it just fine in other states, so just ask.

13. rfun6

rfun6 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I found the glycerin usp grade at Walmart. But they didn't have the VG (vegetable glycerine) at the walmart I went to. I would like to have some of that too, just to try and have on hand.

14. Bones

Bones Ultra Member ECF Veteran

USP Food Grade is the Vegetable Glycerine - VG
    Yea - I think I know the one you mean - Had it in my hand and put it down -
    It should say USP FOOD GRADE - Either on the front or in the description
    I would not trust anything else - I got it at Whole Foods $8.?? for a 16oz -
    Mine says "Vegetable Glycerine 100% Pure" Right on the front made by NOW personal Care

You don't want something that just says Glycerine - That's something else altogether I think.

Propylene Glycol is the other one that is in all the carts - PG - can get at Tractor Supply Dionne Keotosis Treatment Gallon Cattle Medicine - 2209731 | Tractor Supply Company

And - What is up with places not wanting to sell PG? They think you cooking crack or something? - That's an odd item to withold :confused:

15. dtsalkire

dtsalkire Full Member

At first I looked at CVS and no one there could help me find it. I found it at MidWest Vapor and got both PG and VG for 4.00 a bottle. I didnt want to take a chance and get the wrong stuff. This way I know its the right stuff and it was cheap. I find their Juice very good and I received it in 2 days of ordering.

16. DyZiE

If you cant find PG. (i went everywhere and every pharmacist either told me "we dont sell compounding material" or the looked at me stupid and said "how do you spell that") Go to a walmart pharmacy and they will order it for you $9 for a pint (480ml) mine was in the next day.

how this helps

oh and btw you can sometimes find U.S.P. with the skin ointments (calamine lotion and stuff like that) and it works the same. it may say some stuff about not injesting but ive never had a problem with it. as long as it says U.S.P. or F.A.A.

17. FlyingIrishman

FlyingIrishman Full Member

Why do you guy's buy PG? I am new to this....

18. Bones

Bones Ultra Member ECF Veteran

To dilute the ready made juices - or if you smoke no nicotine juice and want to make your own flavors - The ready made juice is mostly PG base of 80-95% -

So are you guys sure that the stuff that just says Glycerine at Walgreen's is VG - I figured it was ok but there are many kinds of Glycerine other than Vegetable - What is that other 1%? - I think I'll stick to the ones that say %100 Pure FOOD GRADE - You could also say that you've been eating small amounts of rat poison for a while and not noticed anything - but that don't make it good for you -

19. eatmeat

eatmeat Full Member

20. eatmeat

eatmeat Full Member

Product Features

Size: 16 fl.oz

• 100% Pure
    • Safe for both topical and internal use
    • Cleans, softens and moisturizes your skin:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.