Picking a good 30mm RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Guys...I need...direction... [emoji28]

I really want a new tank for my HexOhm, I haven't used it since I bought a new setup. Mostly because it still has a Kanger Subtank attached to it, and it's just not enough anymore. Right now I'm using a Griffin Tank on a RX200. I typically build it between .25-.50ohm.

I want a 30mm tank. I want to fill it full of my favorite juice and use it at home, like a big fluffy recliner. [emoji38]

I've been doing research and talking to people all day and I've found:

The Ohmega Alpha BFT - Which aesthetically, I really like. It comes in white and that works with my color scheme. It's also the cheapest one I've found. [emoji1303] But I've heard that it's prone to leaking, the top cap threads are crunchy, it's hard to fill, and you can't easily change the drip tip because it's a custom size. (I found one guy who makes them, but it's like $30 for a tip and that's the only mod you can use it on.) [emoji1304]

The Mason Dumptank - Again, aesthetically I like this mod. It doesn't come in white, but the gunmetal finish is pretty. I love the spin fill it has, that looks super continent. I also liked how you stuffed it with cotton, it looks like super easy to build and wick. It IS more expensive than the BFT but it's not terrible. [emoji1303] I just got done reading a thread on here about how it leaks. That it seems to be an age thing, and the more you fill it the faster the leaking starts. Some reporting as little as a few tanks to three or five weeks was the longest. Granted, this was only a handful of individuals chatting about this, but still concerning. And there didn't seem to be a fix for the issue, either. Once the spin fill becomes loose there's no way to tighten it. Some had gotten away with replacing the seals all the time, but the issue always came back.

The Modfather - I haven't really found a ton of information on this thing. Overwhelmingly, most everyone seems to love it and venomously defends it. I've heard that there's zero leaks from multiple people. I've heard there's a ton of support for it, as well. [emoji1303] I can't find any for sale anywhere...I found one person who knows one person who has two for sale (shady), and that one person wanted like $80 plus shipping. [emoji29] Like, I really wasn't wanting to spend close to $100 on a tank. I was like, $70-$75 max. I'm also not sure if you can change its drip tip, but the one guy who could make the one for the BFT can also make one for it granted that's another $30 on top of the $80+shipping [emoji27]

So what do I do? To a point I'm starting to feel like they all suck and I should just go get a second one of what I have... What other options do I have?

I want a rebuildable tank that I can put a lot of juice in. [emoji20] Like 7-10ml. Duel coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    The Big Buddha is an amazing tank, I liked it so much I ordered a second one

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk
    The Big Buddha is an awesome tank, but it's no high wattage beast... I still have mine on an old Seven-22.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    I think they're (Steamcrave) working on a Supreme Plus with a 30ml tank. I'm almost positive I read that on their Facebook page. I still LOL when I think 30ml. I believe it's a 40mm tank.

If you like short and stocky with an 8ml capacity, I'd recommend my Hellvape Iron Maiden. Only one negative I have to add about it: there's an inner anti-spit back chamber which surrounds the build deck and also plugs the juice well. It's made out of ceramic. I have butter fingers. ._. Luckily I got a spare when i bought the thing.

Reactions: Eskie

Falco78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    I think they're (Steamcrave) working on a Supreme Plus with a 30ml tank. I'm almost positive I read that on their Facebook page. I still LOL when I think 30ml. I believe it's a 40mm tank.

If you like short and stocky with an 8ml capacity, I'd recommend my Hellvape Iron Maiden. Only one negative I have to add about it: there's an inner anti-spit back chamber which surrounds the build deck and also plugs the juice well. It's made out of ceramic. I have butter fingers. ._. Luckily I got a spare when i bought the thing.
    30ml is absolutely huge I have tons of bottles I've received over the years that size lol

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    What regulated Mods can you use with a 30mm RTA.
    I have a RX200 would it look rediculous with the Hell Maiden.?

Ijoy Limitless Lux 215, Sigelei 218, Wismec Presa 100, and HCigar VT75 all work nicely with 30mm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread