Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

moJoe

Mar 8, 2013
Portland, OR
Missed by minutes on the Alabaster but he has a mottled green stone with gold flecks and number 2 is mine.

The stems came from Turkey and I am kinda on shaky ground getting them. The guy I am dealing with is not real good with English and I don't speak Turkish so it is a bit tough. Add in he makes stems for quite a few pipe makers in Turkey and has limited time to give me so I really don't want to give out my source right now. I will have four more in the near future I hope, told him same length or longer.

Conversion isn't really that difficult. Or doesn't need to be. You can do it a couple different ways. Biggest issue is stability, I don't like wriggles. I have been making the hole in the tenon large enough to fit over the slim UDCT I like. Inside of that I use one of the stainless Siam drip tip stems. Acrylic is pretty brittle so I use burrs rather than drill bits.

stemmod_zps7ea7acca.jpg

Nick...I have 6 pipes with 2 more on the way...

Understandable. I don't think I have the hellfire and gumption to be calling exotic places and haggling in Turkish or anything, anyhow. I was sort of hoping for a nice website in English that sold them with free shipping, or something like that. :p

I'll peek around on EBay a bit more. I picked up this guy:

Cauldron- Asian Satinwood - Artist's Original - Shankless - Steam Pipes

It's really simple, but I only plan on having one pipe, so I wanted something plain and sort of classic looking. Personally, I love the damn thing. If you see a stem floating around out there and it might look good on mine and you've got no use for it AND you remember, let me know. ;)

moJoe

Mar 8, 2013
Portland, OR
Nice grab, MoJoe. That Asian Satinwood is beautiful in person. Almost 3D/Holographic the way the ripples in the grain come across when you tilt it in the light.

Did I read on the other thread that you're using the Eternity on the pipe? Just trying to picture a stem for it.

Thanks Nick!

Yeah, I was using an Eternity, but now that the HH357 510 Short Barrel arrived, I think I'm officially a drip convert. I'll probably dabble with other toys, but I don't know what's going to beat it for vape quality. A Genesis, maybe. Regardless, I think I'm done with the Eternity for now.

I need to find a drip shield for it. I'll probably go with black and silver. I'd love a stem that matched the mod in color, but I just don't see it happening. It's kind of an unusual grey/blonde/light brown that I don't think I'm going to find in a stem. I may have to go with black, which is fine too.

Still, it would be keen to have something not so plain looking. Actually... if I got a silver or dark brown drip shield, the black would look pretty good. Hmm... decisions, decisions. :p

shoogdadi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Shreveport, LA
I have only 2 v1 pipes right now, and hopefully picking up my first V2 freehand Friday. If you have officially swapped to dripping, there is a polished 306 DCA /w an expansion pack in the classies right now. I also have a silver bent Peterson universal stem I could be willing to part with, if that's what you are really looking for. As I mentioned before, corncobpipes on eBay has and makes stems that can easily be converted for an ePipe.
The silver Peterson is the one on the far left, and would look awesome on a DCA.
View attachment 192113

Last edited:

moJoe

Mar 8, 2013
Portland, OR
Shoog:

Thanks for the offer! Millertime sent me out a Churchwarden to try out for a bit, so I am going to see how I like it before I buy anything else. I am not able to get on the classifieds, I don't think. I'm a newb. The link you posted doesn't work for me, but I would like to take a look at what you're thinking about. I'm currently marshaling as much info as I can so I can make my decision.

I'm kind of a weirdo about my stuff. I don't have many things, but these days everything I own is "perfect (for me, obvously.)" I do a ton of research before I jump in. This vape stuff is dangerous because I can jump in piecemeal all over the place, and because most of the bits and bobs aren't *that* expensive, my caution threshold on purchasing is lower. :p

At the moment, I'm just trying to dial in my "perfect," use it all the time, one and only, pipe. So I'm trying to see every stem I can see and every option I might have before I settle on one. That's why I'm mister ask-a-billion-newbquestions. heheh

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
Indeed moJoe, a black churchwarden is usually gonna be a safe bet, whether the 5" or 8". The amber tortoise and red tortoise usually work pretty well also. Not to mention cumberland (black/red) swirl.

Another option for that Satinwood might be the Rocky Mountain Stone.
webstone.jpg

Check these pages for a good look at the colors that are out there. I'm 99% sure this is where EPM gets their stems. They have about 50 styles available.

Pipe Makers Emporium | Briar, Quality Stems, Pipe Repair&Classes

Here's a few that I've done:
mP2nmGgl.jpg

BTW, Ab. I really love the idea of using the base for the Murano Glass Tips, especially for saddled stems. Brilliant. I have one on the way. Gonna give that a shot.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
At the moment, I'm just trying to dial in my "perfect," use it all the time, one and only, pipe. So I'm trying to see every stem I can see and every option I might have before I settle on one. That's why I'm mister ask-a-billion-newbquestions. heheh

The actual stem is kinda going to depend on the juice delivery device you settle on.

This set up uses a UDCT tank with the screw eGo cone cap to hold the carto in place. It is using a Jazz pipe stem made for that tank. It is a great short set-up with a 5 ml carto tank.

alchem5_zps18df8de5.jpg

This is a skirted eGo tank and would use any 510 stem, only holds about 2 ml juice.

bbalchemy_zps0bcae6a6.jpg

Here is a eGo single coil 1.7 ohm mega with a 510 stem and mega stem adaptor, it works amazingly well as far as flavor and vapor.

epipeego_zpse6a8fa86.jpg

A Spheroid with a Jazz Pipe Churwarden...

speretop_zpsc92e0e55.jpg

Like I said deciding on a juice delivery device is important. For dripping a Cherry Vapes universal and E-pipe mods stem should work well or any other 510 stem.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Indeed moJoe, a black churchwarden is usually gonna be a safe bet, whether the 5" or 8". The amber tortoise and red tortoise usually work pretty well also. Not to mention cumberland (black/red) swirl.

Another option for that Satinwood might be the Rocky Mountain Stone.
webstone.jpg

Check these pages for a good look at the colors that are out there. I'm 99% sure this is where EPM gets their stems. They have about 50 styles available.

Here's a few that I've done:
mP2nmGgl.jpg

BTW, Ab. I really love the idea of using the base for the Murano Glass Tips, especially for saddled stems. Brilliant. I have one on the way. Gonna give that a shot.

Those stems look great Nick, I would think the double o-ring would be nicely stable. Did you bend them yourself?

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Great thread, guys! It's about time there was one like this, and it's really too bad there isn't an epipes subforum here. I've got a Kicked Jazz 18650 and an Isis from GA Tech, and an egg from ePipeMods -- they're pretty much all I use when I'm around the house.

Aside from those that have already been discussed, here are some epipe manufacturers that you may not have seen yet:

Mikropipes

Pelle Mods

Smackley Craft

VersuS Mods

The Smackley pipes look pretty nice.

I'm not sure, but I think Sun Pipes might be kaput. I've tried to put an order through on several different pipes, and nothing. I notice that nothing has been updated in a while either.

I leave you with a pic of my Isis:

IMG_0018.jpg

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
Dusty - I believe he means 18500. Must've been a late night! :D

Sup, Tez?! I've been wondering when the heck you were gonna show up. :2cool:

Ab - yeah, I bent them myself. And the double O's work great. Even the singles worked surprisingly good. I used a much thicker/more dense o-ring than what we usually see on the avg drip tip, so they hold really well. I'm still experimenting. That was the first batch, my next batch arrives tomorrow.

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
Right. The 18500 is the largest available Jazz. He's go the same thing you do, Dusty. I might be heading down that road too. :D Considering selling my 350 to fund a kicked 500. Almost everything I drop on the 350 seems to visually throw it out of proportion because of the tiny bowl. I think the 500 lends itself to a better variety of setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread