duckie_44

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
DFW-TX

tpalmiter

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Wellsville, NY, USA
I just received a Kamry k1000 in the mail yesterday. It is no where near some of the pipes I have seen here but I think it will serve me ok for getting started in the world of e-pipes. I do not care for the stock tank that came with it and unfortunately the curved drip tip does not fit properly on any of my other clearos. Guess it's time to search for a new drip tip. IMG_20140714_171239.jpg IMG_20140714_172138.jpg IMG_20140714_172616.jpg IMG_20140714_172616.jpg

gwbruce

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2012
Oklahoma, USA
I just received a Kamry k1000 in the mail yesterday. It is no where near some of the pipes I have seen here but I think it will serve me ok for getting started in the world of e-pipes. I do not care for the stock tank that came with it and unfortunately the curved drip tip does not fit properly on any of my other clearos. Guess it's time to search for a new drip tip. View attachment 356150 View attachment 356151 View attachment 356152 View attachment 356152

Congrats on the new epipe. It seems that the Kamry is a decent starter pipe. If you are interested in e-pipes you need to head over to the e-pipe forum at The ePipe Forum it is a forum devoted to e-pipes and all things e-pipe. Great bunch of folks over there. Also, if you are looking for a new stem similar to the one on the Kamry check out Captivapes they make some long stems both straight and curved that work well on e-pipes. Captivape LLC Great shop.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
This VV pipe from Mycroft Milverton is still performing flawlessly after four months of heavy, heavy use. The new black Kayfun v2 makes it look and taste better than ever - I just wish I could get the $(@4$ tip to fit tighter.

View attachment 357278

Ya that's a nice one. Did you know that Freight Train Mods makes an awesome tip just for the Kayfun. Not sure if he still does or if u need one of his pipes first but it can't hurt to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

LunchusBoxious

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Ontario Canada
fasttech has some long curved drip tips that will fit most atomizers and tanks... and really cheap in comparison to others as well... I got a stainless steel on for like $3 versus the 20 most other places are charging... I am currently using a dripping stomizer on my K1000 with the stem that came with the pipe... fits well...

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Ok, lots of fancy pipes here...I'm not getting a fancy one. But, I'm hoping some experienced members with pipe knowledge can answer some questions.
I am going to buy the Smok Prospect, with two extention tubes, and a kick.
I get the whole stepping down a batt size to use a kick...I'm just wondering about the batts.
With the two extention tubes it will hold an 18650, so stepping down...
I have read different things: 18500, 18490, 18450.
I am planning to buy aw imr batts from RTD Vapor.
Which of these will work?
Will they all work?
Thanks

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Seeing some of these pipes really makes me want to get an epipe. But I feel like some of the more intricate ones, and that actually look like pipes, cost buttloads of money, which I do not have.

Matt, I've been a pipe smoker for nearly 50 years (since my college years). Came into vaping trying to help a "comadre" (godmother to one of my daughters) kick a 2PAD habit. She didn't but I got hooked on vaping stuff; more as a hobby than anything as I vape 0 nic. I mention this because my first vaping purchases were epipes of which I have several but seldom use them.

Pros: They can look like a pipe and actually fool a casual onlooker.
Conversation piece.
Won'e embarrass you at a business meeting where smoking is allowed.

Cons: Fussy.
Not many advanced atomizers that will fit, seldom any RBA/RTA.
Battery size: 18350! Max mAh 800. A low resistance will suck it dry in 15 minutes or less.

I still smoke a pipe in the relaxation of my home in a well vented site —my wife hates next day tobacco reek! However take more pleasure in tinkering with my mods, attys and RDA's, as well as preparation of NET's and other ejuices (hobby, remember?) than actually chain-vaping (which I do).

My humble advice, save your money for a nice mech/RDA/RBTA combo. I'm "breaking in" a new SS+Copper Stingray X plus SS Magma with copper AFC. Beat many of my Meerschaum pipes (tobacco) and fills the room with a nice Black Cavendish aroma that won't stink the next day.

Just MHO.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Matt, I've been a pipe smoker for nearly 50 years (since my college years). Came into vaping trying to help a "comadre" (godmother to one of my daughters) kick a 2PAD habit. She didn't but I got hooked on vaping stuff; more as a hobby than anything as I vape 0 nic. I mention this because my first vaping purchases were epipes of which I have several but seldom use them.

Pros: They can look like a pipe and actually fool a casual onlooker.
Conversation piece.
Won'e embarrass you at a business meeting where smoking is allowed.

Cons: Fussy.
Not many advanced atomizers that will fit, seldom any RBA/RTA.
Battery size: 18350! Max mAh 800. A low resistance will suck it dry in 15 minutes or less.

I still smoke a pipe in the relaxation of my home in a well vented site —my wife hates next day tobacco reek! However take more pleasure in tinkering with my mods, attys and RDA's, as well as preparation of NET's and other ejuices (hobby, remember?) than actually chain-vaping (which I do).

My humble advice, save your money for a nice mech/RDA/RBTA combo. I'm "breaking in" a new SS+Copper Stingray X plus SS Magma with copper AFC. Beat many of my Meerschaum pipes (tobacco) and fills the room with a nice Black Cavendish aroma that won't stink the next day.

Just MHO.

I have to humbly disagree with this. This was once mostly true but I dont think so anymore. Many pipes are 18500 and some even 18650 or 26650. Pretty much most of the makers are using flush 510 connectors these days unlike the ego connections of the past. True, most are not meant to be sub ohmed but some of us dont believe a tube mod should be in the sub ohm range either. If you were to go to someplace like Pipe Smith you can get an 18500 pipe made that hits very hard, will accommodate all your RDA, RBA, RTA's and is handcrafted and backed up by the maker, all for about $110. That includes a hand crafted stem. You can get it cheaper without the stem included. I pretty much vape a pipe exclusively and have been since 2009 so Ive seen a lot of changes in this market segment over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread