Please help me with My Vaporesso Target Vape Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirus7heVirus17

Oct 20, 2016
I just got this not too long ago and I've seen in video reviews people blowing HUGE CLOUDS with this and I blow the size of an average cigarette drag. What is the best vape setting someone can tell me ? Each time I try and change the settings I start too pull and my lips BURN and can't even pull the smoke in because my lungs kill right after. Can you please tell me the number of Wats I should have it at.in Ni C and F " SS" C and F "TI" C and F "TC" C and F please help this is very frustrating.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I just got this not too long ago and I've seen in video reviews people blowing HUGE CLOUDS with this and I blow the size of an average cigarette drag. What is the best vape setting someone can tell me ? Each time I try and change the settings I start too pull and my lips BURN and can't even pull the smoke in because my lungs kill right after. Can you please tell me the number of Wats I should have it at.in Ni C and F " SS" C and F "TI" C and F "TC" C and F please help this is very frustrating.

vapor production is not as easy as it looks. There are so many factors to consider, and it's just not a simple as telling you what setting. First, I assume you're talking about having this kit: Vaporesso Target VTC 75W Kit $44.99. ASSUMING this is what you have, it has an option as to what coils can go in it. The kit comes with both a Kanthal and a Nickel coil. The Kanthal works on wattages only. The Nickel works on temperature (and possibly watts depending on the mod). Before I make any suggestion, I need to know exactly what coil you have in it now, and if it is the kit I just listed.

Another factor that is important, is the juice you're using, and the nicotine content. Nicotine will increase throat hit, and if your nicotine level is too high, then it definately will make you cough. What ratio of Popylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerine (PG/VG) juice do you have. Also the airflow setting you have it at.

And lastly, keep in mind, the camera tends to exaggerate the clouds. I don't know why, but it always seems more than what you experience in real life.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yah that is the kit I'm using. Whatever coil it comes with I'm using. I'm using 6MG strawberries n creme 0-50% popeyleene And the air flow is all the way open.
Is it possible to unscrew the tank and see information on the coil? I can't help thinking you are using it in the wrong mode. If so, this could be unwise although we appreciate it's all new to you. Guessing it's a Kanthal coil, put the mod in standard wattage mode and tell us what the screen is telling you.
All mods show the resistance of the coil and other information depending on the mode. It should be making good clouds.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yah that is the kit I'm using. Whatever coil it comes with I'm using. I'm using 6MG strawberries n creme 0-50% popeyleene And the air flow is all the way open.

Good morning, Sirus.

First question that I have for you is, what resistance is the coil? You can see that by looking at the display on the mod. 0.9Ω is kanthal, 0.6Ω is stainless steel, and 0.2Ω is Ni200.

The next question that I have for you is, do you have the Target, or the Target Pro? The original Target only allows for TC with Ni200 coils. The Pro has built in settings for Ni200, Titanium, SS, and also has a setting for custom TCRs.

As for the juice that you are using... if you are trying to produce maximum cloud volume, you need higher VG ratios. My typical juice is 70%VG or higher, and that can produce decent cloud volumes with the Target kit. Nowhere near what I can get from a purpose built RDA, but still respectable clouds. Definitely more than what one would get from a cigarette.

To prime the coils, I usually put juice onto the wick through all of the little hex shaped holes and then drip 2-3 drops down the center of the coil... just make sure to drip it onto the ceramic/wire part and not straight down the hole... that'll just run out the bottom.

I gave up on the Ni200 coils after trying the first one... I didn't care for that one at all. Kanthal is my favorite of the cCells. I typically start those out at 25W for the first tank or two, then slowly dial up the wattage. Usually settling at 35W for a couple of weeks. Then the coil performance begins to decline, and I'll bump it up to 40-45W. When that starts getting weak, I'll put a new coil in. One coil usually lasts me an entire month (sometimes a little longer).

I do have a package of SS coils, but I haven't really put them through their paces yet.

Hope this helps you somewhat. :)

Thanks, @TheTinMan!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

Ok, the others are pretty much thinking the same thing I am... The mod comes with two different coils, a .9 ohm kanthal, and a .2 ohm Ni-200 coil. According to a review, it should come with the .9 ohm kanthal built in, but the other one is in the box. You should look at the resistance of the device on your mod to be able to tell which one you have in it.. if it says it's close to .9 ohms, then it's the Kanthal (It may read .85 all the way to .94). IF it reads under .5, then you have the NI-200. coil installed.

You should look at this video, it seems pretty informative.

In there, he tells you his recommended settings for the coils. the main part, is to make sure you know which one you have installed.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
...while I was writing the above (and catching up on my FOE game) someone posted info you might want to check out as well.. seems there are two versions that looks similar. It might help if you post a picture of your mod so we can tell which version you have.

You know, looking at all these reviews, I'm staring to like the mod itself. :) I might have to look into getting one for myself.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
...while I was writing the above (and catching up on my FOE game) someone posted info you might want to check out as well.. seems there are two versions that looks similar. It might help if you post a picture of your mod so we can tell which version you have.

You know, looking at all these reviews, I'm staring to like the mod itself. :) I might have to look into getting one for myself.

I have a pre-release version of the original Target that I won in a contest here. I absolutely love that little thing! I'd love to pick up a Pro version, but funds are a little tight right now. It is a great little single battery 75W mod, though... and the cCells are the most reliable factory coils that I've ever used in over 7 1/2 years of vaping! You can choke down the airflow for tootle puffing or open it up for easy DTL hits... needless to say, I was (and still am) rather impressed by it.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016

If you want to be seen to blow huge clouds the first thing you need to do position your lights properly to highlight those clouds and if you think I'm kidding try blowing your cloud through a light in a darkened room and you'll discover the first trick to it.

Most us first try for a good overall vape before concerning ourselves with how big those clouds are. In achieving an acceptable vape, good taste and good clouds, you will have learned a lot about vaping, mods, coils, wicking, etc. Then if you still want bigger clouds there is lots more to learn and try and better gear to do it with.

I use wattage settings exclusively so far so I can't help you much on TC. Power settings change with; coil resistance, number of coils, type of coil, type, material, and method of wicking, juice used, air flow settings, type and make of your atty, how you feel that moment and just about anything else you can think of. In other words there are no set settings, you try various settings until you get what you like. Start low and work your way up until you realize you've gone too far then back back down. What you should experience is going from virtually nothing to a wet gurgly vape with too much flavor, increasingly drier, less flavor and getting warmer. Eventually you get to a point of big clouds but no flavor and know you've gone too far. Start at say 5 or 10 watts and go up about 5 watts at a time. You will find your sweet spot.

As a guideline only and based on my experience I would use the following settings;
0.20 ohms - 30 to 60 w
.50 ohms - 18 to 45 w
1.0 ohms - 8 to 20 w
With the same atty and same coils at 0.20 ohms I can be vaping one juice at 30 w and a different juice at 60 w so it all depends on what you like. Getting a burnt taste can be the result of various problems, one of which may be too high a power setting.

Good luck with it and try not to get frustrated you'll be vaping like a champ in no time at all.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread