Possible reo hater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
So I have been running a reo group on Facebook for little over a year now and it's a good group for reo lovers. I have had my share of spammers and rude people in which I remove from time to time.

Recently someone got on saying reo mods was going away and I have had a few inquiries regarding this. Can anyone or rob himself validate this or tell me who this fella is.

Thanks
Rob c

1bc40191ecac3d596f158ee550a826c4.jpg

58c6957d8a0795b5b6c6fba2afa04449.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
This is so disturbing...

While I am not a long time REO user like many are on the forum, I am a REO convert. In my short time as a devotee, I now own 7 REOs, 4 of which were purchased new. Those 4 help Rob's bottom line - my used REO purchases do little for him (separate and aside from keeping the used market viable and bringing new REO lovers into the fold).

I don't know Rob's business, and I don't need to. It is his business and his business matters are private from my perspective and everything we hear is simply, speculative. However, what I do know is that Rob is a true craftsman, artisan and all around super guy to work with. I have enjoyed my email exchanges with him and find him to be accessible, knowledgable and helpful - just like the old days, when service and quality meant something.

So, to that end, I will say this. Businesses, survive in one way, and that is through profits. Without those profits, there is no R&D, no money for raw materials and no money to put food on the table. Therefore, I plan to purchase some new REOs from Rob over the next few months. Do I need them? No. Do I have enough REOs to sustain me? Absolutely. However, cash in Rob's pocket is a good thing. As much as we all love him, I want him to be in business, well...forever how long his lifetime and as long he wants to be in business. The best way I know how to keep REOSMODS viable, is by putting money toward the cause and that means purchasing more REOs and accessories directly from Rob. When I have too many, I will sell some used and hope that brings new REO lovers to the mix and those people will also help feed the funnel.

earthrocker*72

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2015
Maine
This is so disturbing...

While I am not a long time REO user like many are on the forum, I am a REO convert. In my short time as a devotee, I now own 7 REOs, 4 of which were purchased new. Those 4 help Rob's bottom line - my used REO purchases do little for him (separate and aside from keeping the used market viable and bringing new REO lovers into the fold).

I don't know Rob's business, and I don't need to. It is his business and his business matters are private from my perspective and everything we hear is simply, speculative. However, what I do know is that Rob is a true craftsman, artisan and all around super guy to work with. I have enjoyed my email exchanges with him and find him to be accessible, knowledgable and helpful - just like the old days, when service and quality meant something.

So, to that end, I will say this. Businesses, survive in one way, and that is through profits. Without those profits, there is no R&D, no money for raw materials and no money to put food on the table. Therefore, I plan to purchase some new REOs from Rob over the next few months. Do I need them? No. Do I have enough REOs to sustain me? Absolutely. However, cash in Rob's pocket is a good thing. As much as we all love him, I want him to be in business, well...forever how long his lifetime and as long he wants to be in business. The best way I know how to keep REOSMODS viable, is by putting money toward the cause and that means purchasing more REOs and accessories directly from Rob. When I have too many, I will sell some used and hope that brings new REO lovers to the mix and those people will also help feed the funnel.
Thank you Kh888...I couldnt have said it better myself! Well put!

M4rtin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
New Jersey, USA
Come on guys if I was closing the company I would say so . If you saw my inventory room you would just laugh about this . Reos mods is not closing down .
Phew! Heart Attack averted, now I need a bottle of Xanax and another new Reo!

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
It uncommon to see a design in a relatively "new" field stand the test of time like the REO has. Yes, Robert has made minor improvements over the years, but the basic design is still there, I'd guess REO #1 vapes just as well as the latest and greatest Robert is making. And it's just as reliable. If reosmods ever goes out of business, it'll be because there aren't enough folks intelligent enough to know a good product, at a fair price, when they see it.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Well, in keeping with my earlier post...I just ordered another new REO Grand. This one, as a birthday gift for my partner.

Several months ago, I purchased a used REO for her to try. It was a mixed bag result. The REO was great, but not quite the right look and feel for her, so while it did not work for her, it started ME on my love for REOs. As a side note, I am eternally grateful to the REO member, who sold me the first REO setup to hit our household.

Fast forward to today and my partner says to me, "I am kind of sick of dealing with this leaky atomizer." I responded, "what about a REO...for your birthday?" Her response..."Yea...that would be awesome and if you can show me how and when to change the battery and...do you think I could get a Kawasaki green one?"

Boom. Done....Yippee!

swamijivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Sunny Italy (South!)
Come on guys if I was closing the company I would say so . If you saw my inventory room you would just laugh about this . Reos mods is not closing down .
AND... Rob is now 28, how can someone know him "for 30 years" ???:banana::spammers:
BS for BS... this is cute!

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org

I can store some of that for you Rob :)

err BOB :)

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm pretty sure the poster in Facebook was referring to Bob, who runs Feos Mods. They specialize in producing the world's most complicated mods using balsa wood and tin foil.

I'll continue squonking my REO and enjoy on my RM8 with satisfaction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread