1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Protank 2/3 ego threading

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by arkady9091, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. arkady9091

arkady9091 Full Member Verified Member

I've recently experienced the dreaded "stripped 510 treading" and was just curious if anybody has found a ego threaded bottom for the protanks. If not I'm thinking that I may try to solder a beauty ring to the bottom of one to see if that could be a fix to my problem, before trying to replace the connector in my mod. I'd rather destroy a 15 dollar tank before a 100 dollar mod lol.

2. mightymen

mightymen La Résistance ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Take a 1/8 inch wide piece of aluminum foil wrap it around the tank 510 connector then screw it on.

Works for me.

3. 1Macman

1Macman Full Member

You can actually use the bottom base from the Mini Protank 2 on the full size Protank 1 or 2, they are all interchangeable. This helps fix the problem on devices with stripped 510 threads and also helps to stabilize the tank. If you don't already have a Mini Protank 2, you can find the base for a couple of bucks, online as well as some brick and mortar stores that carry replacement parts.

4. arkady9091

arkady9091 Full Member Verified Member

I hadn't even thought of that, what I ended up doing was taking the beauty ring that it came with and putting them on and old 650 mah battery and soldered it to the base of the tank, removed it and it works great, but I can't use it on all of my mods due to their upper rings.

5. jimivapr

jimivapr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Wow... you guys really put some time into repairing a fifteen dollar... how bout buying a new one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. spaceballsrules

spaceballsrules Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Even better would be to just buy a new base. 510 Kanger Protank Base

7. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would never buy a Protank base. Why? Because it is also possible to buy an Aerotank base, which is a gazillion times better IMO. ;)

: 510, ego, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.