ProVape Provari P3, 2.5, and Procyon. What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't have a Procyon. I have a P3 and a couple of 2.5 Provari's.

Bottom line, the difference is in the watts capability, or how low in resistance the processor will fire.

• The 2.5 Provari is the weakest in watt production, about 12 watts or so. It is variable voltage only (no variable wattage). It won't fire a coil under 1.2 ohms consistantly. This version is being phased out and won't be in production in the near future. That's why this model is so cheap compared to the P3 and Procyon.

• The P3 can produce about 30 watts, and can fire a 0.5 ohm coil.

• The Procyon can produce 50 watts, and can fire a 0.3 ohm coil.
Both the P3 and Procyon have a more advanced processor than the 2.5 that can monitor your vaping, and the new P3/510 connector being offered by Provape, which is a more durable and stable connector than the common 510 connector used by other manufacturers.

Why Provari?
  • What is the Provari and why is it so popular? Includes some little known facts, and videos & links to ECF threads on why the Provari is loved by owners.

Last edited:

Telmos

May 11, 2016
I don't have a Procyon. I have a P3 and a couple of 2.5 Provari's.

Bottom line, the difference is in the watts capability, or how low in resistance the processor will fire.

• The 2.5 Provari is the weakest in watt production, about 12 watts or so. It is variable voltage only (no variable wattage). It won't fire a coil under 1.2 ohms consistantly. This version is being phased out and won't be in production in the near future. That's why this model is so cheap compared to the P3 and Procyon.

• The P3 can produce about 30 watts, and can fire a 0.5 ohm coil.

• The Procyon can produce 50 watts, and can fire a 0.3 ohm coil.
Both the P3 and Procyon have a more advanced processor than the 2.5 that can monitor your vaping, and the new P3/510 connector being offered by Provape, which is a more durable and stable connector than the common 510 connector used by other manufacturers.

Why Provari?
  • What is the Provari and why is it so popular? Includes some little known facts, and videos & links to ECF threads on why the Provari is loved by owners.

You may have made a typo for the P3. I see in the site specs that it says 3 – 20 Watts with up to 0.5 ohm coils.

Also, Anyone have some input on the stealth version? Seems it does not have any led on the button and the screen is a bit dimmer, which is all good for anyone that ACTUALLY needs the stealth, but will this worsen the experience for users that don't mind the light to get batter indication of battery life? It's a bit of a dilemma because I do want a titanium version for the weight but don't want to get the shiny titanium color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread