Provari V2.5 with vents on the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendier

Apr 26, 2014
South Africa
Hi everyone,

It seems Provape has done something new with their Provari's. I received my Provari V2.5 a month ago and the tank I use is the Kanger Pro tank 2. Alot of people are saying that these aren't 100% compatible for the simple reason that it will gurgle and spit due to the air vents not being enough on the Provari. This however hasn't been the case with my Provari I received. My Provari has vents on the cap and this seems to have sorted out any gurgle and spitting issues with my Pro tank 2. The Pro Tank 2 sits tight on my Provari and there is no need to loosen it a bit for airflow. It draws better than a cigarette with more vape :)

I can say though that the release of these vented Provari's aren't consistent because I ordered another Provari for my fiance after my one and it doesn't have the vents like mine, her one is definitely struggling with gurgle and spit as she has the Pro Tank 2 and no vents like mine on her Provari. She has to loosen the tank a bit to get good airflow. I have taken her Tank and put it on mine and visa versa and it never spits with me but does with her.

Any thoughts on this and have you seen the vented Provari cap?

Below is an image of the difference.

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Rendier

Apr 26, 2014
South Africa
Thanks for the feedback guys, my next question will then be why would they give a Provari starter pack that includes the Pro Tank 2 when they know it's not 100% compatible? I have three Pro Tank 2's and also many atomizers and wasted opening a brand new sealed Pro Tank 2 and 2 atomizers on trying to fix the issue when I realized the caps looked different.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I don't have airflow issues with my Protank, but enough people did, I suppose. So they took feedback and incorporated a new design.

For your wife, I suggest the ProVape ring for 10 bucks.

ProVari Tank Ring

It won't taper as nice with the protank, but the groves provide adequate airflow and you should be able to vape your ProTank2 with no issues.

Others buy the aerotank base from kanger tech and use it on their protanks as well.

Rendier

Apr 26, 2014
South Africa
I don't have airflow issues with my Protank, but enough people did, I suppose. So they took feedback and incorporated a new design.

For your wife, I suggest the ProVape ring for 10 bucks.

ProVari Tank Ring

It won't taper as nice with the protank, but the groves provide adequate airflow and you should be able to vape your ProTank2 with no issues.

Others buy the aerotank base from kanger tech and use it on their protanks as well.

Thanks P.opus, I ordered the Aerotank yesterday already, just seems so unnecessary to add extra weight and length to it. I'm pondering if I shouldn't request a return and a new Provari considering I ordered another one because I loved my one (new design). I have to be honest though, if I received the one she did and had as many gurgle and spitting problems I would have sold it and kept on with the cigs. Thank God people actually do research and don't simply move back to smokes.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The top cap change is new.
I'd be bummed too if I got one with the vents, ordered another and it came without vents....
You may want to email ProVape, explain the problem, and ask if they'd change the top cap for you. It would probably cost $5 one way shipping, but my guess is they'd agree to do it.

Alternatively, the Aerotank base for $5 is VERY useful if you're going to use ProTanks ANYWAY.

The trouble with ProTanks and ProVariiii is that the ProTank is INCONSISTENT. I have about 4 or 5 that work fine, and 1 that doesn't. It's got to do with the length of the 510 threading, and the location IN that threading of the airhole. I think ProVape chose it, knowing it wasn't perfect, but also knowing it was a VERY popular topper that people would usually be happy with. It'd be nice if they had their own ProVape quality clearo - but they just don't.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
I bought one ProTank 2. Problems as others have noted. I fiddled with it ($25.00 for something that didn't work well). Bought a replacement base. Still unimpressive. I was thinking about Dremelling some additional grooves in my Provaris just to run this tank, then realized why bother? Protank went into the emergency/give away box!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
ProVape needs to make their own ProFun (Kayfun variant) with a Z-Atty Pro style base. All stainless and glass for $99.
...or a camping bar. I'd take that too.

Not so sure about the trailer....

But a Pro/Fun would have me reaching for the credit card. I have sold off everything but my three Provari mini 2.5's and three Kayfun 3.1's; marriage made in heaven... 1.8-2.5ohm micro coils keep me and the Provari happy 10-13 watts.

ls2erin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
I know I haven't been on here in a while... but I couldn't believe my eyes when I got my mom's mother's day present in the mail today (which is a Provari, her first... shhhh) and saw it had a slotted top cap. I want that! Do you think Provape would switch the top cap of a slightly older one to the vented one, if there's nothing wrong with it? I am considering asking them if they would and how much that would cost ($15.00?).

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'd definitely email and ask - I'll bet there's a fairly reasonable price for it, as there is for most repairs...

I know I haven't been on here in a while... but I couldn't believe my eyes when I got my mom's mother's day present in the mail today (which is a Provari, her first... shhhh) and saw it had a slotted top cap. I want that! Do you think Provape would switch the top cap of a slightly older one to the vented one, if there's nothing wrong with it? I am considering asking them if they would and how much that would cost ($15.00?).

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I have the old top cap, because I had to have the pink one. Anything else puts it at risk in this house. My hubby is a known vape gear thief. If it's better then his vape, he claims it. So, grooves or no grooves, for my first Provari purchase, it had to be as girly as possible. After, he can take whatever he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread