Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I have two Provari P2'.5s, a regular and a mini. I like them a lot, they have been trouble free for the 8 months or so that I've owned them. The only issue I have is that I like using drippers but most or all drippers are really designed for dual coils. I'm currently using a Wotofo Troll, which I just got and really like. I'm not into clouds, I just like flavor. And I DIY my juice so I like a dripper for testing juices and I'm constantly switching between juices when I'm not testing.

I can and do single coil builds but it seems to me that the air holes on the "empty" side are just adding excess air to the mix. The drippers are designed for two coils, one on each side, with air vents drawing air across both coils.

When I first started with rebuildables I tried a dual coil build but the coils just didn't fire properly. I was running roughly 2 ohm coils, giving me about one ohm, which is about the limit for a P2.5 at 14 watts or so max. I typically build (single coils) from 1.0 to 1.4 ohms using standard Kanthal 28g wire, and run around 4V, maybe a bit higher depending on the resistance.

When I'm not dripping I use a Kanger Subtank Mini with the rebuildable coil deck, which is really perfect for the Provari since it is designed for single coil builds. But as I mentioned previously I do like my dripping!

So I'm wondering what other drippers do with their Provari's.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I like single coil dripping on my ProVari's, my go to build is a 3/32" ID 29ga. or 30ga. at 1.3-1.6Ω. I just find a way to block the opposite airhole in my caps. I've got some IGO-L's that were single coil dripping atties, love them! With a little work on the airhole size they produce a lot of vapor and have pretty decent flavor.

Reactions: bhamilton_930

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I have two Provari P2'.5s, a regular and a mini. I like them a lot, they have been trouble free for the 8 months or so that I've owned them. The only issue I have is that I like using drippers but most or all drippers are really designed for dual coils. I'm currently using a Wotofo Troll, which I just got and really like. I'm not into clouds, I just like flavor. And I DIY my juice so I like a dripper for testing juices and I'm constantly switching between juices when I'm not testing.

I can and do single coil builds but it seems to me that the air holes on the "empty" side are just adding excess air to the mix. The drippers are designed for two coils, one on each side, with air vents drawing air across both coils.

When I first started with rebuildables I tried a dual coil build but the coils just didn't fire properly. I was running roughly 2 ohm coils, giving me about one ohm, which is about the limit for a P2.5 at 14 watts or so max. I typically build (single coils) from 1.0 to 1.4 ohms using standard Kanthal 28g wire, and run around 4V, maybe a bit higher depending on the resistance.

When I'm not dripping I use a Kanger Subtank Mini with the rebuildable coil deck, which is really perfect for the Provari since it is designed for single coil builds. But as I mentioned previously I do like my dripping!

So I'm wondering what other drippers do with their Provari's.
Put em aside, and let some real dripping take place...

LOLz, Jim

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I like single coil dripping on my ProVari's, my go to build is a 3/32" ID 29ga. or 30ga. at 1.3-1.6Ω. I just find a way to block the opposite airhole in my caps. I've got some IGO-L's that were single coil dripping atties, love them! With a little work on the airhole size they produce a lot of vapor and have pretty decent flavor.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just tired of taping over air holes :)

thmstwwng

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2014
Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG
I'm using derringer by praxis on P3. Love the flavor. 1.5 single coil 28g firing at 13 watt with boost 1.
I did build .7-.8 dual coil firing at 18 -20 watt with boost 2 but a bit under power.
I do have a istick 30w but prefer to vape with P3.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Thanks again for all the suggestions. For now my Trolls seem to be doing fine except they like to chop off the coil wire on small gauge builds. I bought a Subox and iLeaf 50W and they are great, double the flavor :) But the Provaris will get plenty of use too and I know they will always work. Not so sure about these cheap box mods :)

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
View attachment 462880 View attachment 462881 I'm using derringer by praxis on P3. Love the flavor. 1.5 single coil 28g firing at 13 watt with boost 1.
I did build .7-.8 dual coil firing at 18 -20 watt with boost 2 but a bit under power.
Do that same .7 build using 30g and it's not as underpowered. Thinner wire heats up faster.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
View attachment 462880 View attachment 462881 I'm using derringer by praxis on P3. Love the flavor. 1.5 single coil 28g firing at 13 watt with boost 1.
Very nice build. I like my dippers with mesh. Good flavor, and no need to build super low resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread