• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Public Consultation on Proposed Amendments to the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
READ CAREFULLY. Your government wants to make the possession the vaporisers ILLEGAL. Currently, there is NO law that makes it illegal to purchase or use a vaporiser. It is ONLY illegal to SELL OR OFFER TO SELL vaporisers. Technically, it means they can't do squat to you if you manage to get your hands on a vaporiser.....But if they want to play hardball, they can say they suspect you of intent to sell and raid your homes.

They now want to make it illegal to PURCHASE, USE OR POSSESS vaporisers.

Good luck guys! It don't bode well.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

VapeMOsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
City in the midst of Giants
Load of bull..... the usual move to justify their initial actions.

With PMI and other tobacco companies investing a lot here (we are one of the few countries that allows animal testing), I feel that it is wishful thinking.

I shall remain being the turtle in the sewer with my 3 brothers to vape with.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
READ CAREFULLY. Your government wants to make the possession the vaporisers ILLEGAL. Currently, there is NO law that makes it illegal to purchase or use a vaporiser. It is ONLY illegal to SELL OR OFFER TO SELL vaporisers. Technically, it means they can't do squat to you if you manage to get your hands on a vaporiser.....But if they want to play hardball, they can say they suspect you of intent to sell and raid your homes.

They now want to make it illegal to PURCHASE, USE OR POSSESS vaporisers.

Good luck guys! It don't bode well.

i think for the sake of the community here (although everyone still remains faceless to me hahahah), i'll chip in a little to clear up some of the perceived misconceptions. what danny4x4 posts here is by and right largely correct. the current state of the law primarily bans "importation". there is no current ban on "possession". so all the horror stories you read on this forum and elsewhere where every gets letters and stuff seized by the customs is because bringing in stuff from overseas, even for personal use - counts as "importation".

assuming however that you somehow get caught vaping in public in the middle of gardens by the bay. and your stuff is confiscated and you are brought for questioning. in the course of questioning, what will kill you is IF you let slip (or evidence from your handphone or web stuff) proves that your vape and stuff was obtained via "importation". i mean, logically speaking, given the total ban on sales of such products here - the only way to get it is via importation right? how else would you get it? a friend gave it to you for a gift? you built it? you found it in a toilet? ****hint - the last 3 do not count as "importation" - but it all depends on the evidence and what you say****

the proposed amendments are the next logical step by the powers that be to close off this final loophole. once the amendments are passed (and they will be passed) - "possession" will be criminalized. so strictly speaking, even if, by the grace of whatever deity you believe in, you found a beauty of a mod lying on the floor in gardens by the bay and you picked it up for 10 seconds and you get caught there with it....boom.

so well. erm. if any of you are healthcare professionals and/or ultra enthusiasts with significant community clout - you can participate in the public consultation and try (its a 0.00001% chance though) to influence the powers that be. i took part in a small scale event once for a hobby that is also heavily regulated and banned by the powers that be to no avail....though that said, that hobby isnt illegal per se, just highly restricted and regulated. whereas vaping is openly criminalized.

• Optimistic

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
I recently had some ‘encounters’ with some government officials on other unrelated matters.. this is my impression of them;
Despite having so called open meetings and wanting to hear our views, this much is true.. they WILL follow the orders given by their superiors and will throw you the handbook on rules and regulations if what you want/suggest is not the same as them. Having these public forums/discussions is just a way for them to assure the rest of the population that they are fair and open. End of the day nothing changes to the affected parties.
All they are concern abt is fulfilling the wishes of their superiors, getting the job done with and hopefully gets promoted when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread