Question about iClear clearos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimCal

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
I have been using the iClear 16s as of late and am now starting to have problems with them. They start to get this burnt taste after awhile, so i pull them apart and clean them with really hot water. After a couple days of drying, I reassemble them and sometimes they work and sometimes they won't fire. I even have tried new heads. It seems like it is threading on to my vision spinner ok.

I also tried an iClear 30. I like the bigger tank on it, but the metal mouth piece tastes and feels weird.

I guess what I am looking for is, suggestions for a top coil clearo that won't break the bank price wise and is easy to clean out. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you all in advance! :)

xXReaper937Xx

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kettering, Oh
I have noticed some of the replacement heads from Innokin have the wire wrapped too tightly around the coil, giving you dry hits depending on your juice ratio right off the bat. As a whole, I have had better expieriences with the Kanger EVOD and ProTank. While they are perfect either, I do get better wicking results from them. As far as not firing, you may want to take a look at the bottom of the head after disassembly and make sure both leads of the wire are still trapped where they should be.

JimCal

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
I have noticed some of the replacement heads from Innokin have the wire wrapped too tightly around the coil, giving you dry hits depending on your juice ratio right off the bat. As a whole, I have had better expieriences with the Kanger EVOD and ProTank. While they are perfect either, I do get better wicking results from them. As far as not firing, you may want to take a look at the bottom of the head after disassembly and make sure both leads of the wire are still trapped where they should be.

Thanks for the reply! I thought the EVOD and Protanks were bottom coil tanks. I don't like the bottom coil tanks. They seem too "airy".

JimCal

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
Thanks for all the replies! I think I may have figured out what is going on. It seems as though all the clearos I have been purchasing through a local B&M have been defective. I made an online purchase recently and bought a starter kit from My Vapor Store. Along with that order, I received two Vision Spinners and two iClear 16's. Neither of those have leaked. The local B&M store I usually buy from has sold me SEVEN leaky clearos. I sent an email off to the local B&M stating that I will buy e-juice from them in the future, but will no longer be purchasing any other gear. The only reason I will go back is because their customer service is great.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I dry burn my iClear coils when they get gunky/burnt tasting. Hot water doesn't get rid of everything! What I do is after I clean the tube and wicks with water, I dry the wicks with a paper towel, blow out the middle, then attach the base to my PV without the tube or rubber top thingy. I pulse the battery for a few seconds at a time, stopping for a minute to let it cool when it starts to get really hot. You should see the black stuff on the coils starting to burn off and the coil will eventually turn bright orange. When the entire coil can turn orange, it is done. I let it cool before reattaching the rubber top seal and tube. These coils are very easy to dry burn and clean imo.

JimCal

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
I dry burn my iClear coils when they get gunky/burnt tasting. Hot water doesn't get rid of everything! What I do is after I clean the tube and wicks with water, I dry the wicks with a paper towel, blow out the middle, then attach the base to my PV without the tube or rubber top thingy. I pulse the battery for a few seconds at a time, stopping for a minute to let it cool when it starts to get really hot. You should see the black stuff on the coils starting to burn off and the coil will eventually turn bright orange. When the entire coil can turn orange, it is done. I let it cool before reattaching the rubber top seal and tube. These coils are very easy to dry burn and clean imo.

Awesome suggestion. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread