rda/rba wire and batteries to pair with a ragnarok or sage mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothcannibal

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
denver colorado
been away from vaping for a couple years. i had a pretty good setup and i don't know why i ended up smoking full time again. i made my own copper pipe mod. not fully mechanical but with a 1.5 ohm cart tf 18650 3000mah batt and energy cow 12mg i was very happy with it. or my vivi nova tank worked well for me. got me down to about 3 cigs a day.

either way. i want to get back into it. i'm moving at the end of the month and that's when i am going to get it. it's either going to be a ragnarok or a sage.

i need a rba/rda that isn't too terribly expensive but will get the job done. i'm not going to be probably going too much under 1ohm so i need to know what guage wire is best.

also batteries. i only have ever used trustfires but it seems you shouldn't use them anymore? what's better now?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
been away from vaping for a couple years. i had a pretty good setup and i don't know why i ended up smoking full time again. i made my own copper pipe mod. not fully mechanical but with a 1.5 ohm cart tf 18650 3000mah batt and energy cow 12mg i was very happy with it. or my vivi nova tank worked well for me. got me down to about 3 cigs a day.

either way. i want to get back into it. i'm moving at the end of the month and that's when i am going to get it. it's either going to be a ragnarok or a sage.

If those are you're hearts desire... you could do a lot worse. As you say you won't be going much under 1.0Ω, low voltage drop values are not too much of a concern, and you can fudge a bit on outright performance.

i need a rba/rda that isn't too terribly expensive but will get the job done. i'm not going to be probably going too much under 1ohm so i need to know what guage wire is best.

There are many good "flavor" RDAs. Look for something that offers a single or dual parallel coil AFC inlets, a deep juice well and small to medium chamber volume.
I don't usually recommend specific atomizers, but a few that fit the description might be the Origen V2, Aeolus, Nomad, Rogue, Foggatti and Buhawi.
All are available as authentic, or clones.

also batteries. i only have ever used trustfires but it seems you shouldn't use them anymore? what's better now?
IMR chemistry batteries from Samsung, AW, Sony Panasonic, Sony, Efest and LG are popular. Be wary of who you buy from... false labeling and performance claims are rampant. Find a vendor you trust... like RTD Vapor for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
thanks

i know not to cheap out on batts and buy them from a good vender.

i'll look at those atomizers. i'm probably going to end up with a clone or a something towards the low end just so i can get the hang of using one without potentially ruining something expensive.
All the RDAs I mentioned, with the exception of the Origen V2, have top, side-to-center or indirect side air flows... making them less likely to leak when placed on their sides.

To get a better idea of what is available in clones (and more are added almost every day)... here's a link to FastTech, "RDAs, sorted by date listed". If you don't intend to deep sub-ohm, avoid attys that have massive air flow inlets and oversize "chuff" cap drip tips. Too much air, especially with modest resistance, can kill flavor.

Have fun spending more money than you intended. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread