Really want to try Quacks Juice Factory, however ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
So, I really, REALLY want to give Quacks juice Factory a try, though the names don't sound appealing the description does. I wrote the company and they state the final mix may be a 1 to 3% overall PG. I have a bit of a PG sensitivity, so I always like to ask "new to me" companies, what their ratio is if not specifically stated on the website. Quacks juice Factory says they have customers with severe PG allergies or sensitivities and those customers are using the juice with no problem.

Not that I am doubting anything the company representatives are telling me, however, I always like to get the low down from those who have used the product. SOooooooo......

Is there anyone out here who has a PG sensitivity and/or allergies that has tried ANY of the Quacks Juice Factory Products? Have you had any issues with any of the juices as well.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

NetteG

Last edited:

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Never tried their juices. However, if the company would like to avoid a lawsuit, they would be wise to not lie to their customers r
garding potential allergy problems as they pertain to their product.

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney.

Oh I completely agree with you GrandSam and again, I am not doubting anything the company is telling me via e-mail, I would just like to hear from some folks who have PG sensitivity or have had allergy reactions to PG but have also tried Quacks to tell me their experience. My apologies if anyone is taking this thread as I am not trusting what the e-mail stated to me.

Reactions: GrandSam

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Just how sensitive are you? I believe it varies from person to person. I can handle juices 70vg and up, before I start to get a headache. 1 to 3% seems safe enough to me, unless you have an allergy.

Headache, you say? I've never noticed any kind of reaction to PG myself, as I typically order juice in 50/50, when the choice is given. I don't actively seek out low/no PG, but I've been suffering from a 'migraine' (have been getting them since my mid-20s -- runs on my father's side of the family) for 19 days now with no relief in sight. :(

As I've been vaping this way for almost 3 years, it never occurred to me that PG may be a culprit. What other symptoms would be a clue? Could one just simply develop a sensitivity out of nowhere or am I just suffering the worst migraine that I've ever had? :cry:

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Headache, you say? I've never noticed any kind of reaction to PG myself, as I typically order juice in 50/50, when the choice is given. I don't actively seek out low/no PG, but I've been suffering from a 'migraine' (have been getting them since my mid-20s -- runs on my father's side of the family) for 19 days now with no relief in sight. :(

As I've been vaping this way for almost 3 years, it never occurred to me that PG may be a culprit. What other symptoms would be a clue? Could one just simply develop a sensitivity out of nowhere or am I just suffering the worst migraine that I've ever had? :cry:
Yes, a certain amount of pg gives me BAD headaches. I tried different flavors and nic strengths, including 0mg, with the same problems. It was only after I switched to max vg, did the problem go away. I experimented and found, around 30% is my limit.The only other symtom I had was a cough, but I attribute that more to adjusting to vaping. I can't tell you if that might be your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to try and see if raising the vg level will help.

Reactions: DebbieNY

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Yes, a certain amount of pg gives me BAD headaches. I tried different flavors and nic strengths, including 0mg, with the same problems. It was only after I switched to max vg, did the problem go away. I experimented and found, around 30% is my limit.The only other symtom I had was a cough, but I attribute that more to adjusting to vaping. I can't tell you if that might be your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to try and see if raising the vg level will help.

Hmm, I have a few high VG juices in my arsenal, but I tend to use them in subohm clearos (bigger juice holes), so I may have to try vaping one/two of them exclusively for a day or two and see what happens. It would truly suck if that is my problem, as I have a ton of juice that is 50/50. This hasn't happened to me before, but then again I've never had a headache last this long. It's worth a shot. Hell, I'm sure that I've got enough high VG 'something-or-other' that will last me a while... Good Lord, I've got a lot of juice! :ohmy:

Reactions: dionysuskiss

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Hmm, I have a few high VG juices in my arsenal, but I tend to use them in subohm clearos (bigger juice holes), so I may have to try vaping one/two of them exclusively for a day or two and see what happens. It would truly suck if that is my problem, as I have a ton of juice that is 50/50. This hasn't happened to me before, but then again I've never had a headache last this long. It's worth a shot. Hell, I'm sure that I've got enough high VG 'something-or-other' that will last me a while... Good Lord, I've got a lot of juice! :ohmy:
I hear ya. To make matters worse, I just went to a vape con, and got a ton of it (free or at a discount, of course;)). Lucky for me, high vg is the trend. Speaking of which, what is your nic level? I have a bottle of 12mg max vg, that I'm trying to PIF. I don't know anyone who vapes that. I'm 3mg myself, but I would hate to cut such a premium juice.:(

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I'm still currently at 12mg. Tried 6mg for a while and was chain vaping too much, so I save those for the subohm. I'd happily accept the offer and that is WAY cool of you. :thumbs:

EDIT (11/5/2015): Been vaping Charlie Noble's Commodore Peary (which is 28Pg/72Vg) in my Lemo 2 all day yesterday and today. Seems the headache has been receding, but not gone completely. Will continue until it's gone, then shift to my normal 50/50 in the Nautilus and to see what happens. ;)

Last edited:

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Truly, I try to avoid them as much as possible. When I first started vaping 3 years ago, I remember the stuff with PG would give me a very heavy feeling in my chest along with a headache and just overall feeling of being ill. I don't believe it to be an allergy but more of a sensitivity. Honestly, since I have found VG, I have never looked back and been PG free ever since and no further chest heaviness or headaches (well from vaping) so I always have "assumed" ... My husband is the same way, gets the same ... I guess I get nervous about vaping on PG of any "strength" because I didn't like those feelings in the beginning. Guess I'll just have to give in and try to see what happens.

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Quack's is a pretty small outfit and the people are REALLY nice ...and honest .
Ive had a few dealings with them over order misshaps.I really dont think you have to worry about them deliberately misleading you just to make a sale.

I really love Goose & Gizzard Juice.Dont know of having any specific PG allergy but I usually use 50/50 or higher vg juices.

I did have a small problem a few times when i vaped Gizzard Juice all day : a runny (water) nose that stopped as soon as I switced juices...but that may be me, maybe one of the aromas used that doesnt agree with me. Took some Loratidine (prescript anti histamine for allergies) and didnt make a diff so...who knows?

I luv it though .

It's a great chocolatey(more cocoa type) vape and Goose is probably the BEST custard Ive tasted ;)!

Reactions: Innova

philipcorp

Nov 30, 2015
So, I really, REALLY want to give Quacks Juice Factory a try, though the names don't sound appealing the description does. I wrote the company and they state the final mix may be a 1 to 3% overall PG. I have a bit of a PG sensitivity, so I always like to ask "new to me" companies, what their ratio is if not specifically stated on the website. Quacks Juice Factory says they have customers with severe PG allergies or sensitivities and those customers are using the juice with no problem.

Not that I am doubting anything the company representatives are telling me, however, I always like to get the low down from those who have used the product. SOooooooo......

Is there anyone out here who has a PG sensitivity and/or allergies that has tried ANY of the Quacks Juice Factory Products? Have you had any issues with any of the juices as well.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

NetteG
hi there ive been suffering with a sore throat and throat sores for about 3 months now previous vaping for year and half no problems any juice mix i wanted after a lot of researce i thought mild pg reaction so went got some max vg juices which did make me feel a little better but not solved problem , doh nuts and some beard co still have the problem purchaced more juice and some more juice so turned to internet for more search, green vape strawberry 100%vg 12mg organic juice still have reaction i also tryed different mg of nic strenth see if was that no joy, found shop locally sells quacks goose juice bought 6mg for subtank, 12 mg for ego style still have reaction now i also got some frozen pond 6 mg which i have less of reaction to but still there a little so long story short i still dont know what i am taking a bad reaction to have about 200 euros worth off juice which i can,t use if anyone could through some light cheers phil corp. ps; really dont want go back to smoking.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Yeah, I was hoping for an easy answer to my never ending migraine, but that would be... too easy.

Nebula is still waiting for some attention, unfortunately. The Nautilus is still holding onto the After Dark that I've been meaning to finish up, but I have not gotten back to yet. Damned AHL Express line has been getting my attention right now. LOL!

philipcorp

Nov 30, 2015
hi there ive been suffering with a sore throat and throat sores for about 3 months now previous vaping for year and half no problems any juice mix i wanted after a lot of researce i thought mild pg reaction so went got some max vg juices which did make me feel a little better but not solved problem , doh nuts and some beard co still have the problem purchaced more juice and some more juice so turned to internet for more search, green vape strawberry 100%vg 12mg organic juice still have reaction i also tryed different mg of nic strenth see if was that no joy, found shop locally sells quacks goose juice bought 6mg for subtank, 12 mg for ego style still have reaction now i also got some frozen pond 6 mg which i have less of reaction to but still there a little so long story short i still dont know what i am taking a bad reaction to have about 200 euros worth off juice which i can,t use if anyone could through some light cheers phil corp. ps; really dont want go back to smoking. anybody have any ideas please...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread