Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Yes, I actually started this thread :confused:
The idea here is to assemble recipes that are easy. uncomplicated. basic.
I would ask that anyone who joins in please post your most basic recipes. Maybe four flavors, or less. And no decimal points please.
The Goal is to gather recipes that DIY newcomers, and people who lead active lifestyles, can find quick and easy recipes that can be mixed easily.
Allow me to post a few examples. None of these are my own recipes, but rather recipes that I have found that I really enjoy.

White Rabbit ;
French Vanilla (TFA) - 12%
Creme De Menthe (TFA) - 7%
Whipped Creme (TFA) - 5%
Sweet Cream (TFA) - 2%
Easy. Simple. Four basic DIY flavors, no decimal figures. And I like the taste !

Caramel Surprise ;
Caramel (VZ) - 5%
English Toffee (VZ) - 5%
French Vanilla (TFA) - 5%
Bavarian Creme (TFA) -5%
Doesn't get much easier that this. Four flavors, all at five percent. And I was able to use a few vaping Zone flavors a young lady on the ECF gave me. It is one of my favorites.

Vanilla Lovers Delight ;
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 14%
Bavarian Creme (TFA) - 3%
French Vanilla (TFA) - 3%
Love a good Vanilla flavor. And it does get much easier- three flavors and done.

Brandy Alexandra ;
Chocolate (TFA) - 8%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) - 6%
Brandy (TFA) - 4%
Cinnamon (TFA) 2%
An interesting flavor that I occasionally vape along with an extracted tobacco after a long day behind the wheel.

Again, none of these recipes are of my own making. These are a few I've found along the way. These are all simple recipes, as I prefer the K.I.S.S. method. This is NOT a knock against those who can mix eight, ten or even a dozen or more flavors into delightful concoctions. If you can do all that, more power to you. But I prefer to Keep It Simple.
If anyone else would like to share some very basic recipes, it would be appreciated. Thanks, Papaw.

EDIT : it has been pointed out to me that I should post the following abbreviations that might be used in some of the following recipes.
TFA - The Flavor Apprentice
CAP - Capella
FW - Flavor West
FA - Flavor Art
INW (or INA) - Inawera
HS - Hangsen
LA - Lorann
LAN Lorann Natural
SM - Seedmans
VZ - vaping Zone
TFW - The Flavour Wizard
Forgive me if I left any out, or just correct me along the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Love this idea because i need help! I am a diy dummy so thank you!

Just a play on the "PC for Dummies" concept. ;)
I am hopeful that some of the Veteran DIY'ers can come by and share some of their more basic recipes. I remember struggling mightily when I started mixing, and even now still prefer the more basic recipes.:thumb:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Oh please add if you post a recipe the steep time. That always seems left out. I tried the OSDIY strawberry milk and blue note at 10 and i dont like them :(
The blu raz is shake and bake. Most fruit flavors are usually good right out of the gate. It's generally the bakery and tobacco flavors that require a good bit of steep time.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
It's generally the bakery and tobacco flavors that require a good bit of steep time.

Paul is right, it is usually bakery and tobacco that require steeping.
I usually let all of my mixes steep a week or so, and shake every day/ every other day just to help the components mix.
Here is a recipe I enjoy, but it takes two to four weeks to mature ;
Honey Nut Tobacco
555 DK Tobacco (TFA) - 5%
Honey (TFA) -3%
It makes for a tasty flavor, but it takes a while to get there.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Another along the same lines as Papaw's:

Nude Nicotine's Honey Tobacco
Can be used as a single flavor. Their recommended concentration is .5-2%, but I prefer 4% in a 50/50 mix of VG/PG. I've used it straight from mixing and shaking and it's good, but should be steeped for at least a week, 2 is better.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Cinnamon Danish
Cinnamon Danish (Cap) 7%
Vienna Cream (FA) 2%

Personally, not something I vape as I am not a pastry guy and it is heavy with cinnamon for my tastes. However, made this for my neighbor and he could not get enough of it. I taught him how to make it a few months ago and he is still vaping it along with making a few of his own mixes now. He likes it shake and vape but since it has cream and pastry, would bet a 2 week steep would be nice. Like I said, I do not vape it but have made up over 500 mils for the neighbor before teaching him how to mix.

Old Captain
Old Captain (Super Concentrates or SC) 3%

Been my go to tobacco vape for around a month now. Shake and vape it is a real nice tobacco with caramel and smokey notes. I find most of the SC line to be good at 3% (YMMV). For me, they are real nice, realistic tobacco vapes.

Edit was had the wrong cream. Oops

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
If you care to get a little more involved with Hangsen tobacco's, here is an experiment of mine that I actually liked quite a bit and vape everyday.

Hangsen Delux - 1.7%
Highway - 1.7%
Desert Ship - 1.7%
USA Red - 1.7%
RY4 - 2.5%
Vanilla - .9%

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Apparently I named this thread properly....

Looking through some of my DIY materials, wondering what I might try next, I found something I hadn't tried yet :confused:
This 10ml sample was mixed on 9/17 ( I date my labels)

Boston Creme Pie ;
Bavarian Cream (TFA) - 8%
Vanilla Cupcake (TFA) - 7%
Chocolate (TFA) - 5%

It actually tastes pretty good. I might have to mix up some more...:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread