Recipes for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have never made any juice, but find it a fascinating adventure. However, in these recipes I do not see where the pg/vg fits in. Is it in the flavoring? Also, where does the nicotine fit in?
those vary by personal preference. you set your pg/vg/nic preference in the calculator then set the flavoring percents

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I have never made any juice, but find it a fascinating adventure. However, in these recipes I do not see where the pg/vg fits in. Is it in the flavoring? Also, where does the nicotine fit in?

Speaking for myself, and only myself ;
Most flavorings are PG based. I order my liquid nicotine in VG.
The amounts of my PG/VG ratio are calculated including the flavor and the nicotine. For an example, I'll use the Caramel recipe I listed in the OP;
Four flavors each at 5%. That's 20%. Add 10% unflavored PG.
10% of 100 mg/ml nicotine is 10%. Add 60 % unflavored VG.
That is a 30/70 PG/VG mix at 10mg nicotine. Easy and simple.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
NannerBerry

TFA Strawberry Ripe - 9%
TFA DX Banana Cream - 6%
TFA Cotton Candy - 2%

You can use the reg. TFA Banana Cream instead. I just prefer DX versions if available, without any diketones. Also, you can substitute TFA Strawberry Ripe @ 6% + TFA Strawberry @ 3% if you want a blend of the two types of Strawberries. You'd just need to let the mix "breathe" alittle while then, to let the ethyl alcohol in the TFA Strawberry evaporate off before vaping it.

cebulice

Jan 10, 2017
Arkansas
those vary by personal preference. you set your pg/vg/nic preference in the calculator then set the flavoring percents
I understand the personal preference part, but I don't know if you buy the pg and vg separate or if they came with the other flavors. I think PapawBrett answered my question.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Raspberry Doodle (Age 2 - 3 weeks)
Raspberry (CAP) 10%
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 5%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TFA) 1%

Cinnamon Apple Custard (Age 3 - 4 weeks)
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 10%
Apple Pie (CAP) 5%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 3%
Double Apple (CAP) 2%

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I understand the personal preference part, but I don't know if you buy the pg and vg separate or if they came with the other flavors. I think PapawBrett answered my question.

Try it like this : I buy my base liquids at Heartland Vapes. Their prices are decent, and occasional sales make their prices better. Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG) are bought by the gallon. Last year I got 2 gallons of each in a "4-by" sale at half the regular price. I store this in the back of a cabinet. Liquid Nicotine I purchase at 100mg per ml by the liter when on sale. These are stored in the back of the freezer, the containers are enclosed in ziplock freezer bags.
My flavorings, along with my syringes, are purchased at Wizard Labs. Not the best prices, but hundreds of flavors by multiple vendors. Also, WL tries to list all of the components of each flavor. This is important when trying to avoid diacetyl, acetoin and other inhalation hazards. I would NOT buy liquid nicotine at Wizard Labs as their nic prices are exceptionally high.
All of my DIY components are safely stored where our pets cannot access them as they are considered poisonous to small children and animals.
Yes, the components are purchased, stored, and used separately unless you buy "premixed" base liquids.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
NannerBerry

TFA Strawberry Ripe - 9%
TFA DX Banana Cream - 6%
TFA Cotton Candy - 2%

You can use the reg. TFA Banana Cream instead. I just prefer DX versions if available, without any diketones. Also, you can substitute TFA Strawberry Ripe @ 6% + TFA Strawberry @ 3% if you want a blend of the two types of Strawberries. You'd just need to let the mix "breathe" alittle while then, to let the ethyl alcohol in the TFA Strawberry evaporate off before vaping it.

I think I am going to try this one. Love a good banana-strawberry flavor.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Here are a couple that I really like. I will list a recommended flavor maker, but for most of my juices including these, I use the ones I happen to have. Often it doesn't make a lot of difference. So if you already have a coconut by one maker, don't think you necessarily have to go buy one from another maker. Not my recipes, but ones floating around the web that I really like.

These are both shake and vape as most fruits are.
Betelgeuse Clone Full Strength

6% FA Strawberry
5% FA Pineapple
5% FA Raspberry
3% FA Mango

I didn't like having this much flavor % so I cut the flavors in 1/2 but upped the mango, cuz I love me some mango, and used the flavors I happened to have on hand. So this is my version

3% FA Strawberry (INW is also good)
2.5% CAP Golden Pineapple
2.5% FA Raspberry
2.5% FW Mango (I also used FA Mango and it was good too, but got FW when I got a 120 ml bottle of the mango flavoring).

Thought I'd post this for newbies, papaw you might wanna add it to your first post or have a mod do it if you can't edit anymore.

Flavoring manufacturer abbreviations

FA = Flavour Art
TFA = The Flavor Apprentice
CAP = Capella
FW = Flavor West
INW = Inawera
JF (I think) = Jungle Flavors
LA = Loranns
RF = Real Flavors

I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting about, but I'm having an issue with my internet that is causing a lot of sites to not pull up for me, so hopefully others will chime in

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
This one took over as my ADV, it was betelgeuse prior to this one. This is one of Kodak's recipes, she's given permission to re-post it.

Iced Lemon Cookie

5% FA Lemon Sicily (I used INW since twice when I went to order lemon sicily they were out)
3% FA Cookie
2% FA Vienna Cream
.5% Sweetner ( I use sucralose). I often leave out the sweetner, after I make it once according to the recipe, but with this I found that the sweetner actually does bring out the icing/glaze more. I taste like a powdered sugar glaze. YMMV of course.

Shake and Vape. In fact I've been told that the lemon can fade a bit if it's awhile before you use it all. I don't think it will ever sit around long enough for me to find out.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I haven't tried this one, but I got this one from a friend and it sounds so yummy! I have it mixed, just need to load it up.

Pineapple Whip Slushy

3% FA Pineapple (I have CAP golden pineapple)
2% FA Custard
.5% FA Fresh Cream
.25 FA Lime Cold Pressed. Make sure it's the cold pressed lime.

Sorry bout the decimal on this one, but if you use a 1 ml syringe, it's very simple to tell any portion of a ml for those who may want to try this one.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I think I am going to try this one. Love a good banana-strawberry flavor.

I've posted it on here in a few different threads in the last 8 months or so. Most times it's been when DIY newbies wanted something very simple, shake & vape, and pretty much guaranteed to be something they could at least vape & enjoy. Several have posted since trying it that it was great! My neighbor (who works PT at a local vape shop) even has me make it for him, as well as 4 others he likes better than the vape shop's.

I hope you like it, too. But if not...well, all recipes aren't going to be "a winner" for everyone. :thumbs:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
My most simple recipes:
1. Cap Hazelnut 10%, 2% sweetener
2. FW Butterpecan 15% (my mother loves this one)
3. FA Forest Fruit 12%, 2% sweetener

I used the hazelnut one for about a year, in a nautilus.
My mom still uses the Butterpecan, in a nautilus.
Husband likes the Forest fruit, but not an all day vape for him.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Everything is separate.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'll play: Note: The below recipes are not my creation and credit belongs with the appropriate original mixer / creator. ( I wish I knew who that is...)

Peach Yogurt
10% TFA Juicy Peach
4% FA Yogurt
1% TFA Sweetener

Mandarin Cream
Bavarian Cream TFA 3%
Graham Cracker Clear TFA 6%
Orange Mandarin TFA 7%
Shisha Vanilla INW 2%

Stawberry Crack
4% TFA Strawberry
4% TFA Strawberry Ripe
3% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
3% TFA Bavarian Cream
1% TFA Dragonfruit

Mustard Milk: Simple Strawberries & Cream
TFA Strawberry 6%
TFA VBIC 8% (Vanilla Bean Ice Cream)
TFA Drangonfruit 2%

S'Mores
Double Chocolate Clear (TFA) 2%
Graham Cracker (CAP) 4%
Toasted Marshmallow (TFA) 6%

Fruit Roll Up
5% TFA Raspberry
5% TFA Strawberry
5% CAP Sweet Watermelon
2% TFA Sweetener
2% TFA Ethyl Maltol

Pink Lemonade
8% Lemon Sicily (CAP)
4% Raspberry Sweet (TFA)
5% Lemonade (FA) or (LA)
5% Sweet Tangerine (CAP)
2% Sweetener (TFA)

Fresh Squeeze
Orange Cream (TFA) 10%
Peach Juicy (TFA) 2%

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Simple fruity flavors.
all using TFA
Melon Ball
Honeydew 11%
Cantaloupe 8%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Peach Gummy Rings
DX Juicy Peach 15%
DX Sweet Cream 2%
Gummy Candy 2%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Smurf Berries
8-12% Strawberry
8-12% Blueberry (all the recipes call for CAP but i am working on substituting i have 2 diff blueberries from TFA i am tryin to get right)
DX Sweet Cream 2%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Those are some of the simplist sweet/fruity juices that are instant hits in my house.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I'll play: Note: The below recipes are not my creation and credit belongs with the appropriate original mixer / creator. ( I wish I knew who that is...)

Peach Yogurt
10% TFA Juicy Peach
4% FA Yogurt
1% TFA Sweetener

Mandarin Cream
Bavarian Cream TFA 3%
Graham Cracker Clear TFA 6%
Orange Mandarin TFA 7%
Shisha Vanilla INW 2%

Stawberry Crack
4% TFA Strawberry
4% TFA Strawberry Ripe
3% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
3% TFA Bavarian Cream
1% TFA Dragonfruit

Mustard Milk: Simple Strawberries & Cream
TFA Strawberry 6%
TFA VBIC 8% (Vanilla Bean Ice Cream)
TFA Drangonfruit 2%

S'Mores
Double Chocolate Clear (TFA) 2%
Graham Cracker (CAP) 4%
Toasted Marshmallow (TFA) 6%

Fruit Roll Up
5% TFA Raspberry
5% TFA Strawberry
5% CAP Sweet Watermelon
2% TFA Sweetener
2% TFA Ethyl Maltol

Pink Lemonade
8% Lemon Sicily (CAP)
4% Raspberry Sweet (TFA)
5% Lemonade (FA) or (LA)
5% Sweet Tangerine (CAP)
2% Sweetener (TFA)

Fresh Squeeze
Orange Cream (TFA) 10%
Peach Juicy (TFA) 2%

TFA is making Diketone free Flavoring now, Designated by DX on their site Juicy Peach is one of them. Would have to cross reference the others listed here to confirm whether or not there is a diketone free version of the creams

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread