Recommend a good small secondary device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I have seen the nautilus Mini Listed as Legacy hardware.

Legacy is a better way of putting it than obsolete. This industry moves very quickly, but I don't fall into the trap of thinking that something is bad just because something else does more.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Listed as legacy means Out of Date to me me and seeing the Mini listed as such is not good.

adjective
Computing
adjective: legacy
  1. 1.
    denoting software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.
Origin
upload_2017-8-13_19-30-53.png

late Middle English (also denoting the function or office of a deputy, especially a papal legate): from Old French legacie, from medieval Latin legatia ‘legateship,’ from legatus ‘person delegated’ (see legate).
Translate legacy to
Use over time for: legacy

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Listed as legacy means Out of Date to me me and seeing the Mini listed as such is not good.

adjective
Computing
adjective: legacy
  1. 1.
    denoting software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.
Origin
View attachment 678875
late Middle English (also denoting the function or office of a deputy, especially a papal legate): from Old French legacie, from medieval Latin legatia ‘legateship,’ from legatus ‘person delegated’ (see legate).
Translate legacy to
Use over time for: legacy

I like the idea of 'legacy' hardware then. That last part: "...difficult to replace because of its wide use."

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
OP stated that he already has a Pico and a Nautilus and wanted something else. Being the helpful ECF'ers that we are, we've endeavored to find a few solutions that might pique his interest.

One of those solutions is a sleek tube mod that will accept both the T2 and the Nautilus tanks he already owns, plus giving him the capability of using today's advanced tanks and building his own subohm coils.

Kinda like showing vDOS to someone who wants Windows 10 but still needs to run 16-bit DOS programs. Backwards compatibility stuff.

Must be your comprehension......

Nope. Must be yours.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
OP stated that he already has a Pico and a Nautilus and wanted something else. Being the helpful ECF'ers that we are, we've endeavored to find a few solutions that might pique his interest.

One of those solutions is a sleek tube mod that will accept both the T2 and the Nautilus tanks he already owns, plus giving him the capability of using today's advanced tanks and building his own subohm coils.

Kinda like showing vDOS to someone who wants Windows 10 but still needs to run 16-bit DOS programs. Backwards compatibility stuff.

Nope. Must be yours.

At a constant 4.2 Volts you could do some fun stuff with Naughty compatible coils AND the ones you may choose to build later on. I got ya. Mine is on its way. Well, the order is awaiting fulfillment. The mod and cotton are coming soon. I have bought stuff from MEL for years. They started up a rewards program and gave me credit for everything I ever ordered from them. So I ended up with about $15 of freebie. Pretty nice. I like MEL.

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That's a fantastic deal. It has old school eGo simplicity with 4.2v constant output. That's perfect for a relatively new RBA fan because it uses an external 18650 battery and acts like a mech with no drop. You build to the battery's capability.

I agree, it is a fantastic deal. It was also an exceptional deal when I got 6 of them for 50% more off that price during their last Clearance Sale! :thumbs:

BTW, I believe the device is dual threaded to take both 510 and eGo devices.

I might get a couple of these.

You're absolutely right! I hadn't even looked at any of mine since I bought my first 3 about a year ago and put them away in "the stash". Just pulled one out and opened it up to doublecheck it. Went back and corrected my post about them. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I agree, it is a fantastic deal. It was also an exceptional deal when I got 6 of them for 50% more off that price during their last Clearance Sale! :thumbs:

You're absolutely right! I hadn't even looked at any of mine since I bought my first 3 about a year ago and put them away in "the stash". Just pulled one out and opened it up to doublecheck it. Went back and corrected my post about them. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

I think I remember something like that, those being dirt cheap. I was so tempted to pull the trigger but I had nothing that would work with them. Oh well, still a great price, and I got it (and some cotton) with store credit. Too bad I didn't take advantage of it back then though, could have gotten some free wire too.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
When the OP mentioned he was looking for a different form factor than his Pico & Nautilus, and that he'd been considering the Aspire K1 (CF mod & K1 tank) and the iCare...I figured he meant he wanted tube type mods. That's why I suggested the Kanger Subvod with TopTank Nano. Maybe I was wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last I'm sure!

By the way...I wonder where the OP is? Haven't seen him back here at all.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
When the OP mentioned he was looking for a different form factor than his Pico & Nautilus, and that he'd been considering the Aspire K1 (CF mod & K1 tank) and the iCare...I figured he meant he wanted tube type mods. That's why I suggested the Kanger Subvod with TopTank Nano. Maybe I was wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last I'm sure!

By the way...I wonder where the OP is? Haven't seen him back here at all.

There is an iCare 2 out now. Looked all right for a light use MTL. Still not impressed with the 1k mAh battery but it would work for light users I suppose.

*Upon Edit: I just looked again and I'm seeing the iCare 2 at 650 mAh. Blah.

Electro108

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2016
I have returned. I did order the icare solo to try. Basically, I am looking for that small, more cigarette like deal that I can load some higher nic liquid into while I drive. That's when I want smithing like that. The kanger t2 deal has become an unreliable, every other hit a dry one fiasco. The nautilus 2 on a mod it amazing, but I use it like a pipe at my desk or at home. In the car, I need that small/strong cig form factor, without massive clouds really. Still interested in options, since this might not work out. I considered the aspire breeze, but did t think it would feel right

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
@JCinFLA that CF Mod from Aspire is very nice. Got mine in the VapeMail today, and opened one of'em up. It feels really good. The battery cap threads are a little on the rough side, but that's no big deal. Both the 510 and eGo threads are there and decent.

Mo room for a manual in this little package, so...

Aspire CF MOD Battery - Aspire

Five clicks on. Five off.

Really is like a tube mech with no voltage loss over time. Same vape on every pull.

Simple. Cheap. Effective. Thamks for the heads up! :thumb:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
@JCinFLA that CF Mod from Aspire is very nice. Got mine in the VapeMail today, and opened one of'em up. It feels really good. The battery cap threads are a little on the rough side, but that's no big deal. Both the 510 and eGo threads are there and decent.

Mo room for a manual in this little package, so...

Aspire CF MOD Battery - Aspire

Five clicks on. Five off.

Really is like a tube mech with no voltage loss over time. Same vape on every pull.

Simple. Cheap. Effective. Thamks for the heads up! :thumb:

Nice. Mine comes in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread