Reduced chamber for Orchid V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impuls

Dec 31, 2014
Vrsac, Serbia
I got the Orchid V3 (clone from fasttech) and I wasn't pleased because it has to low liquid capacity and poor liquid flow due to narrow space between tank and chamber. So, I "reverse engineered" it and came up with my own design. First goal was to alow for better juice flow by reducing the chamber diameter. In order to do that, I reduced thread M14 x 0.5 on the base (for the chimney) to plain round 13mm diameter (in g6 tollerance). Than, I concluded that a chamber should have conical top and a reduced wall thickness on the chamber. The inner diameter of the chamber is 13mm (in H7 tollerance). Since there are threads no more to hold the chamber in place, a spring was needed, as you can see on the pictures. While on that job, I tried to reduce the cavity in a chamber as much as possible, hence the slot for negative post screws. The chamber was made from SS 316 Ti.
What I got is 2.8ml tank capacitty opposed to 1.5 originally, good liquid flow (I'm using 70% VG juice) for a 0.5 Ohm setup, more pronounced flavour, TH, and warmer vapor. The ammount of vapor might be increased slightly.
This is how all of that goes (on the left - original chamber)

Orchid_Overhaul_3.jpg

Komora1.jpg

Komora2.jpg

Komora3.jpg

Orchid_Overhaul_8.jpg

And the final result:

Orchid_Overhaul_9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread