Reliable tank for a provari 2.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Sorry I'm genuinely not sure where to post this, maybe a mod can help. Anyways I'm looking for a good tank that pairs well with the provari 2.5. I was originally thinking the nautilus or silo, but comments about frequent flooding with those coils has dissuaded me slightly, especially since we are going into summer and I want a reliable setup to help my girlfriend quit. I think a MTL tank with stock coils and lots of flavor would be the ticket, unfortunately so many tanks made recently don't offer stock coils in the provari range.. And yes I know how to rebuild, but this is for my girlfriend who would tear her hair out trying to figure that out. Any assistance is appreciated!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Another vote for the Kabuki and Nautilus coils. If cost is an issue, the Cero Tank paired with the Aspire BVC ( not Nautilus) is an excellent tank, great airflow adjustment, all SS construction with very smooth threads Anyvape CeroTank V2 Glassomizer Tank I have two in constant use and love them. Added bonus, the ProTank 2 glass and washers are a drop in replacement, and you can use the Aspire BVC, PT2 and PT3 heads.

The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread Maybe drop in on the linked thread to the left and ask in there, it is a huge thread but I know there are some very helpful folks who frequent it. I think the Eleaf GS air tanks are pretty popular, but I am not personally familiar with them.

If you have a Kanger sub tank mini kicking around, you can use those Aspire BVC coils in it, they do fit and I am running one for some months now thusly without issue or leaks.

Good luck, PS I run all this stuff on V2.5 ProVari's :)

Calling @choochoogranny ,@Katdarling , and @DPLongo22

Last edited:

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
First setup was provari with nautilus and that thing was a champ never one leak or dry hit, it wasn't until i started using other tanks that i came to experience those problems. I'm using a erlkonigin and its pretty much the only tank i use, gives me such great taste and incredible hit i haven't found anything to replace it but it takes some practice and time to get it right. For ease of use and plug and play the nautilus is great but another vote for kabuki, a lot more flavor then the nautilus and just so much sexier sitting on a provari

Last edited:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Well, Dioxyde, I think Enaud covered everything I use......and more.

I use the ProTank 2 and Davides with an added AFC. A "replacement" Aspire BVC coil can be used with an extension ring. Tightest draw to me even with AFC, so I enlarged all holes on the AFC with an icepick and hammer! Working fine now, but can't adjust AFC.

Also use the mini and full sized Nauties. Took one of the full sized bases and had hubby drill same size hole in air flow section on opposite side of the largest hole. Can't adjust the air flow now, but am happy with the extra air........The mini Nauty I left alone.....so far.

And lastly, I use the Subtank mini and the Subtank nano. Besides the OCC's, I do use the Aspire BVC (non Nauty) on the mini. Even though the STM is the tank that got me wanting more air, I use it on the next largest hole. The full on "slot" is too much. On the Nano ST I use the two holes. Can't use the ProTank 2 coils or the BVC's on the Nano though.

Sooner or later I'll get around to trying a Kabuki, Cero and GS Air tank, but I've been quite happy with what I have. Think @Katdarling and @DPLongo22 have tried them all and could give you additional information for your situation. :)

P.S. Almost forgot. Use all the tanks on the ProVari 2.5 with a "beauty" ring sold on ProVape's web site.

Last edited:

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
If she would be willing to learn to rebuild then I would recommend the Kayfun. That is all I use and if I can learn anybody can. I just love how I no longer have to rely on replacement coils and worrying that they are duds. Wire and cotton is all I need. I couldn't tell you the last time I had to buy coils because I even learned how to rebuild my protank coils which makes them so much better.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
If you have a Kanger sub tank mini kicking around, you can use those Aspire BVC coils in it, they do fit and I am running one for some months now thusly without issue or leaks.

Wait!! What?!? I did not know this! Do you have to do anything to the coil to get it to fit or is it just plug n play? I have tons of Aspire coils for my Billet Box! I love my STM but it's just a bit to airy for me. May have to give this a try!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Wait!! What?!? I did not know this! Do you have to do anything to the coil to get it to fit or is it just plug n play? I have tons of Aspire coils for my Billet Box! I love my STM but it's just a bit to airy for me. May have to give this a try!
I hated the STM for the very same reason. Mine can be used with the coil just dropped in, but for extra insurance I get an old PT2 coil stem grommet, and work it onto the Aspire BVC coil till it sticks. Once it's on there good it stays till the coil is toast. It needs to be dry when working it onto the coil.
full

if you already have the coils and tank give it a go, I think you will like it.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Ha! Enaud, you can turn the PT2 silicone grommet upside down and slip it easily over the "air shaft" of the STM. All we want to do is create a seal between the air shaft and the BVC. Doesn't matter how it's done; but got to say, haven't had any leaks during the last few months going without the grommet.

Have figured out how to use those same BVC casings to rebuild and use on the NANO Subtank too........which DOES require the use of that grommet. Don't ask! Ha! :)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I hated the STM for the very same reason. Mine can be used with the coil just dropped in, but for extra insurance I get an old PT2 coil stem grommet, and work it onto the Aspire BVC coil till it sticks. Once it's on there good it stays till the coil is toast. It needs to be dry when working it onto the coil.
full

if you already have the coils and tank give it a go, I think you will like it.
Nice! That's funny! I have that exact same drip tip on my STM! LOL!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't know why I'm not getting "called" notifications, but I must have mucked up SOMETHING in my profile.

Anyways... I haven't had a single problem with a Nauti coil, nor a (smaller) BVC. I believe it was @tearose50 ho pointed out that I've been using them for around 14 months now (because heck if I can remember!). Of course, maybe it was something else we were speaking of entirely, and I've been using them longer than that. I have NO idea. :facepalm:

As already indicated here, my preferences for the 2.5 are Nautilus, Cero and (those other "fun" things that I refuse to speak of in public). I would like the Kabuki on them too, but I'm a "thwacker" (so to speak), and I'd surely knock them over and break the glass.

IF electing for the full-size Nauti, either a flat-top or (as @choochoogranny said) a ring is almost required. You can use them without, but it looks kinda funny.

The "fun" things are fine too, but it sure is nice just popping in a coil and going.

Bottom line. If I (not that I matter all that much) was asked to make a single recommendation, it would probably be for a full-sized Nauti, and a Provi ring. They just work (for me, at least), and are readily available (today, at least).

:2c: for the Provi Piggy Bank, deposited.

:)

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Wow I'm truly thankful for the comprehensive replies here. The provari does have the p3 top. So it looks like the kabuki, cero and silo are my finalists now. Due to recent car and medical expenses I'd feel a little guilty buying an $80 tank but the kabuki is tempting. Maybe we'll try the silo first to get things goin. Thanks a lot folks.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I don't know why I'm not getting "called" notifications, but I must have mucked up SOMETHING in my profile.

Anyways... I haven't had a single problem with a Nauti coil, nor a (smaller) BVC. I believe it was @tearose50 ho pointed out that I've been using them for around 14 months now (because heck if I can remember!). Of course, maybe it was something else we were speaking of entirely, and I've been using them longer than that. I have NO idea. :facepalm:

As already indicated here, my preferences for the 2.5 are Nautilus, Cero and (those other "fun" things that I refuse to speak of in public). I would like the Kabuki on them too, but I'm a "thwacker" (so to speak), and I'd surely knock them over and break the glass.

IF electing for the full-size Nauti, either a flat-top or (as @choochoogranny said) a ring is almost required. You can use them without, but it looks kinda funny.

The "fun" things are fine too, but it sure is nice just popping in a coil and going.

Bottom line. If I (not that I matter all that much) was asked to make a single recommendation, it would probably be for a full-sized Nauti, and a Provi ring. They just work (for me, at least), and are readily available (today, at least).

:2c: for the Provi Piggy Bank, deposited.

:)
Dplongo22 where do you order your reliable coils from?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If anyone needs a Subtank Mini, I found one on eBay for cheap!! LMAO!!

375f01cf-9ae0-4501-943d-fa4bcce7b6aa.png

SUCH A DEAL!!!
Wow I'm truly thankful for the comprehensive replies here. The provari does have the p3 top. So it looks like the kabuki, cero and silo are my finalists now. Due to recent car and medical expenses I'd feel a little guilty buying an $80 tank but the kabuki is tempting. Maybe we'll try the silo first to get things goin. Thanks a lot folks.

I thought the Silo Lite, for $15, was one HECK of a buy.

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread