Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Why, Rick? What's the preferential to the BVCs? (truly kurious)

For me? The flavor output just seems 'flat" with the BVC compared to the BDC. Lower vapor production too. They weren't lasting as long either - seem to get crudded up and go unvapable faster with the cotton wick material.

It may have to do with the fact that the BVC is just that - coil - as in singular. A lot of people are under the misunderstanding that they have two coils like the original BDC - but they don't.

Anyhoo, these are the ones I'm playing with: $5.39 Replacement Coil Head for Nautilus BDC Tank Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Of note in the design is that the four feed holes are larger than in the original Aspire version. Enough of a difference that the liquid feed is better. Not having any flooding problems with that change though.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, Rick. I may have to give them a whirl again. It's been a few years since they've graced my tanks! :)
Since I was there for the first round, and I recall it CLEARLY, I shall be waiting for the return, with baited breaths. [emoji23]

The wonderful thing is that there IS something for all of us. But dearest Katrina, please do not invest heavily here.

Remember, I was there. [emoji6]

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's already been mentioned, but I would also recommend a look at the CeroTank. I have one on my Pico right now and have to admit for an inexpensive tank using stock coils, it performs exceptionally well. I wasn't expecting much when I ordered it, yet it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Otherwise, you've read all the other usual suspects. Naulti and Kabuki are excellent choices.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'd sell the ProVari and use the money to buy better mod/s with superior resistance ranges, (not to mention TCR, higher power, etc), and more modern atomizers that the ProVari can't handle. *hides from the ProVarinati* :pervy:
Because everyone needs all that junk, right? AmIright?!? (Elbow Nudge) AmIright?!?

I'm a pretty new too vaping and I was looking to get a Provari 2.5. Is it still a good mod to get? I don't need many features and I vape at 10-12 watts, so the 6.0 volts is more than enough. I was looking to pick up a radius and the 2.5 for backup.
It's absolutely still a great mod! I vape at 14 Watts/4.2 Volts on 1.2-1.8 ohm coils, and it's the perfect device for it! I have 2 2.5's and just bought a Radius and have no doubt that they will still be working like the day I bought them when everyone's 300watt overseas mass produced no warranty devices fall apart! Do yourself a favor and snap one or three up!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Since I was there for the first round, and I recall it CLEARLY, I shall be waiting for the return, with baited breaths. [emoji23]

The wonderful thing is that there IS something for all of us. But dearest Katrina, please do not invest heavily here.

Remember, I was there. [emoji6]

Ha Ha. Ok, be assured that no heavy investments will be harmed in the pastable purchase. Much will depend on FT's ability to GIVE ME BACK MY $$$ for the damm ill-fitting KF tank things! :lol:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I'd be seriously thinking about investing in a couple provari rings so you can but a tank wider than a PT on it. The subtank mini among many other attys looks silly without the ring. With all the FDA goings on I can see vape gear becoming a commodity and turn into a sellers market so they might become harder to acquire once the chit has hit the fan.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
For me? The flavor output just seems 'flat" with the BVC compared to the BDC. Lower vapor production too. They weren't lasting as long either - seem to get crudded up and go unvapable faster with the cotton wick material.

It may have to do with the fact that the BVC is just that - coil - as in singular. A lot of people are under the misunderstanding that they have two coils like the original BDC - but they don't.

Anyhoo, these are the ones I'm playing with: $5.39 Replacement Coil Head for Nautilus BDC Tank Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Of note in the design is that the four feed holes are larger than in the original Aspire version. Enough of a difference that the liquid feed is better. Not having any flooding problems with that change though.
For me this is the opposite. I despised the BVC for the same reasons you didn't like the BDC. Duals were fantastic.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For me this is the opposite. I despised the BVC for the same reasons you didn't like the BDC. Duals were fantastic.

Lexy, dudette - you got that backward. I like the BDC's - it's the BVC I... well despise is a strong word. But I sure didn't care for the "meh" BVC experience.

That's why I didn't care if they weren't authentic when I found BDC's at FT - you bet I was gonna try them. Coming up on a week - still on that first FT BDC coil.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Lexy, dudette - you got that backward. I like the BDC's - it's the BVC I... well despise is a strong word. But I sure didn't care for the "meh" BVC experience.

That's why I didn't care if they weren't authentic when I found BDC's at FT - you bet I was gonna try them. Coming up on a week - still on that first FT BDC coil.
I stand corrected- totally read your post wrong. :p
It seems we're in the BDC minority. The BVC's were all the rage & honestly, I couldn't understand why. I was often wondering what is it I'm missing cause that WOW was alluding me. :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Just a quick update: I have moved on to the second BDC in that 5 pack. (I only get about 8-10 days out of one of these coils. Only use high VG liquids and even when thinned with water it still cruds coils pretty fast. That doesn't bug me like it does some people: A buck or two for an entire week of not smoking? Get over it.)

Anyway, the second BDC coil in the pack wasn't as easy as the first. There are complaints on FT about some of these coils being good, some are crap. (I could also say the same thing about the OEM Aspire coils too so...) I thought that was what I had with the second coil. Don't know why but it just too longer to break in and feed right than the first one and it's been working fine since.

Going back to order more.

Sorry I'm genuinely not sure where to post this, maybe a mod can help. Anyways I'm looking for a good tank that pairs well with the provari 2.5. I was originally thinking the nautilus or silo, but comments about frequent flooding with those coils has dissuaded me slightly, especially since we are going into summer and I want a reliable setup to help my girlfriend quit. I think a MTL tank with stock coils and lots of flavor would be the ticket, unfortunately so many tanks made recently don't offer stock coils in the provari range.. And yes I know how to rebuild, but this is for my girlfriend who would tear her hair out trying to figure that out. Any assistance is appreciated!
A T18 tank is excellent on your provari, set the provari at 4.7 volts. I do not think you will be disappointed. B.K.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I know this has been a bit of a thead derail, but since it started here:

$5.39 Replacement Coil Head for Nautilus BDC Tank Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

In three weeks-ish I have gone through 3 coils in that 5 pack. That "problematic" one did turn out to be a problem child - one of the two coils in it popped at a week so it shot up to about 3.4 ohms. But the other two coils? They dry burned and cleaned great so I'm on the second pass with those two - something you will never do with the BVC's with cotton wick.

Other people might get longer run times, but with me doing 100 VG - about a week and I'm good with that.

Anyway, if you liked the original Nautilus BDC's these are definitely worth a shot.
:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread