Reo bottle problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
Sure, this could have been asked and answered at one point or another, but I have spent as much time as I am willing searching the threads. I am new to reos.

i have 1) a 250 ml bottle of Cereal Killa I would like to vape in my reo grand LP. It is a very thick high VG juice.

2) rheumatoid arthritis

3) persistent vaper's tongue which makes me highly reluctant to thin the juice in any way. Even a juice as potent as CK, sometimes I can barely taste it.

my problem: with this thick juice, I feel I am breaking my (albeit weakened) thumbs to feed the atty. I often have to pry out the bottle & squeeze it with 2 fingers to feed the juice. Obviously, that is beyond inconvenient. At home, I drip CK on the reo, completely eliminating the functionality of the reo in the first place. Cannot blind squonk nor vape while driving.

I could soften the bottle temporarily with hot water... Not a viable solution. Surely, there must be a better one, a source of softer, easier to use bottles...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Make sure the bottom of the tube is not suctioned to the bottom of the bottle. Some people cut a small "V" on the end of the tube. I cut my tube to a point, like a syringe needle.

I used to use Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice (100% VG) when I first got my Reo and cutting the bottom of the tube, I had zero problems squonking.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

refused

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
United States
www.facebook.com
I am new to the reo so i was trying my ways for firing and squonking. One way that seemed natual for sqonking is to hold the reo high in my palm squonk hole facing away from me and use my ring finger to squonk. Im a righty so i do this in my left hand. Dont know if it will help or if you have tried it already. I run my juice at 85 vg 15 pg and i find running the bottle 1/2 to full makes squonking alot easier

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
Which atomizer are u you using? Some feed easier than others.

ETA :And what he said[emoji116]

Odin BF by Chowderhead. I cut little v's, slightly easier. But not perfect still. I also have a Mutatuion x modded by CH, maybe I should switch? But the flavor is good with the Odin.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Plus, the bottle will soften with use. Maybe take it off the mod, empty the juice, and just work it for a spell.

Alternatively, I find these bottle to be softer (and larger, so a double win)......

Vapage VMOD XL Bottles 9ml (2-Pack)

You would need to drill a 11/64" hole in the cap to fit these on the reo's feed tube, though.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Odin BF by Chowderhead. I cut little v's, slightly easier. But not perfect still. I also have a Mutatuion x modded by CH, maybe I should switch? But the flavor is good with the Odin.
Pull your atty off and squonk and see if that helps. That will tell you if it's the atty or the mod that has the restriction. I run high vg juice in my reo in an arctic climate and it can be difficult at times to squonk.

I diy my juice though so I mix more pg in during winter to ease the squonk a bit.

another consideration too is maybe you are tightening your juice bottle too tight and the oring is pinching the tube a little.

Chowder attys generally squonk easy from what I have heard.

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
Plus, the bottle will soften with use. Maybe take it off the mod, empty the juice, and just work it for a spell.

Alternatively, I find these bottle to be softer (and larger, so a double win)......

You would need to drill a 11/64" hole in the cap to fit these on the reo's feed tube, though.

A drill... Not so sure about that. Might take off a finger or two, maybe I can ask a handy friend. Would love a softer bottle tho. Thanks.

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
+1 for what ckquatt said. Also, try using a little less wick and keeping it away from the center post where the squonked juice comes up. I use max VG and do find that squonking can be a problem in some atty's. A good very hot water rinse of the base at every re-wick helps, too.

From using RDAs, have always focused on cleaning the air channels on the sides of wick, but not the center post. Clearing the wick for there did help. Thanks

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
My wife has trouble with her hands as well. However, it shouldn't be as hard to squonk as you describe.

Things to check (already mentioned): Tube suctioning to the bottle, obstruction in the atty.

If neither of those is the case, squonking trouble can also be caused by the bottle cap being too tight, or too loose. Also check the oring in the bottle cap, if that gets scrunched out of shape, it can cause hard squonking as well. It's also remotely possible you have a leak in the tube, bottle or cap. You can check for that by filling a bottle with water, removing the atty, and covering the 510 with your finger while you squonk.

And as mentioned, a squonk isn't a quick press of the bottle. It's a gentle slow press, for a 3 or 4 count when the bottle is full, longer as the bottle empties.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Could you put a couple of drops of distilled water or PGA in the bottle when you refil? This would make the juice just a tad bit thinner and may make it easier to get the juice up the tube. I would think you would notice very little diminished flavor. Could just be me. The old reo's had a plunger on the door. Maybe this would also be an option. I hope any of the suggestions in this thread helps you. Good luck and let us know how it goes and what does help.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
I vape Cereal Killa and LOVE THE STUFF! 9 south is amazing. I have had zero problems with all my bottom feeders and that juice. All the above posts are all hitting the nail on the head, check everything and you will figure it out. Wanna get rid of some of that cereal killa? Ill split it with you! ;) PM me!

-Mark

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj

This. These bottles make it MUCH easier. If you cant find anyone to help you out, pm me your address and ill send you a couple:D

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have issues with my hands after years of scissoring and holding heavy clippers while grooming dogs. I also use DIY all VG but as others have suggested I use a small amount of distilled water to thin. I hold my Reo backwards by most standards (as displayed in my avatar) and use my index finger to fire and the thumb of my other hand to squonk. The Vapage bottles help but wear out quickly and are a PITA to fill with their small neck but are easier to squonk and hold more juice so I run one in my ADV Reo and regular Reo bottles in the others. One day I'll invest in a plunger door which should help solve all squonking/hand issues.

It's very simple and easy to drill the caps. Don't let that sway you. If you're worried about slipping you can drill a hole in a piece of scrap wood the same size as the cap to use as a jig to hold it while drilling the smaller 11/64 hole in the cap.

Last edited:

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Sure, this could have been asked and answered at one point or another, but I have spent as much time as I am willing searching the threads. I am new to reos.

i have 1) a 250 ml bottle of Cereal Killa I would like to vape in my reo grand LP. It is a very thick high VG juice.

2) rheumatoid arthritis

3) persistent vaper's tongue which makes me highly reluctant to thin the juice in any way. Even a juice as potent as CK, sometimes I can barely taste it.

my problem: with this thick juice, I feel I am breaking my (albeit weakened) thumbs to feed the atty. I often have to pry out the bottle & squeeze it with 2 fingers to feed the juice. Obviously, that is beyond inconvenient. At home, I drip CK on the reo, completely eliminating the functionality of the reo in the first place. Cannot blind squonk nor vape while driving.

I could soften the bottle temporarily with hot water... Not a viable solution. Surely, there must be a better one, a source of softer, easier to use bottles...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

If the other suggestions do not work for you see if Rob can make you a new door with a plunger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread