Reo has been struggling with 100% VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
I had done some snooping around at old threads and saw a lot of people commenting about their success with 100% vg in their Reo. Mine has had no such luck. I am constantly getting dry hits because the juice is too thick to feed through the tube. I have checked and the tube is not getting suctioned to the base of my bottle. The feeding tube that came with my second Reo was a bit longer than the one in my first Reo so I cut it shorter to avoid the issue of it getting suctioned to the base of the bottle as well as cut a :^" in either side of the tubing. Any tips? If I am having these issues with my 100% VG do you think I would continue to get this issue when using a 20/80 blend?

Thanks fellas

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
I have never tried 100 VG, but I do not use a lot of PG
I make 30ML bottles of juice.. with 19ML's of VG and my Nico is 48% PG based.and I use 4Ml's and add 6ML of concentrated flavor.
as long as I keep the clean the feed tube after each 6Ml bottle is used I have no problems

hope this is some help for ya..

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I use to run Boba's Bounty in mine when I first got it with 0 problems. Is yours new or have you had it a while? I ask because a while back mine wouldn't feed hardly at all. Even with thinner juice the bottle had almost no give to it when sqonking.

I found out that my RM2 was dirty and clogged up inside. I long hot bath with an Efferdent denture tablet and you wouldn't believe the crud that came out of it!

You didn't specify what atty you're using but give that a try if you have an RM2. Mine works and looks brand new after that. Now it's a monthly routine.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Robert uses only 100% VG. He made the REO's to work with it.

I also use only 100% VG.

At lower temps I do fine I need to squonk a bit longer for the juice to feed. But inside I don't have that problem at all.

It never hurts to rinse out the tubing and the atty. But I find doing nothing but regular cleanings is needed.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Unless you vape only VG, then the chances are you don't vape 100% VG. Stands to reason.

I add no PG to my juices, but even then, since the flavours are carried in the PG it's a 95/5 mix. If you find they are too thick then use some distilled water to thin them a little. I reckon on just a few drops, but the world and wife like 2%.

If you vape unflavoured juice - the same applies and you cheap sonofa.....!

T

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I run 100% VG unflavored all the time and don't have a problem. Assuming you're indoors and not leaving your Reo out in the cold, there is something going on with the RBA. which one are you running?

On a grand with any smaller RBA like a RM2, Cyclone etc. I can cover the coil in juice with a press and hold for a 3 count with a full bottle, half bottle takes a 5 or 6 count.

If you pull the drip tip press and hold for 3 you should see the juice rise up in the atty, if not you've got a blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread