The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Reo has been struggling with 100% VG

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Cptfunpants, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I had done some snooping around at old threads and saw a lot of people commenting about their success with 100% vg in their Reo. Mine has had no such luck. I am constantly getting dry hits because the juice is too thick to feed through the tube. I have checked and the tube is not getting suctioned to the base of my bottle. The feeding tube that came with my second Reo was a bit longer than the one in my first Reo so I cut it shorter to avoid the issue of it getting suctioned to the base of the bottle as well as cut a :^" in either side of the tubing. Any tips? If I am having these issues with my 100% VG do you think I would continue to get this issue when using a 20/80 blend?

Thanks fellas

2. RGLP4Lyfe

RGLP4Lyfe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2014
    PA
    I run all unflavored VG/ VG nic base and have zero problems what so ever.. maybe its the climate your in? Cold weather will make the vg thicker and harder to feed.. but it even being winter here i still have no issues.. i just sqounk more often.

My love- Kawa Reo LP w/ TRA SL door & LokiLab Odin.. Mmm Mmm

3. marsos52

marsos52 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    new jersey
    I have never tried 100 VG, but I do not use a lot of PG
    I make 30ML bottles of juice.. with 19ML's of VG and my Nico is 48% PG based.and I use 4Ml's and add 6ML of concentrated flavor.
    as long as I keep the clean the feed tube after each 6Ml bottle is used I have no problems

hope this is some help for ya..

4. JetMac

JetMac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    I have used 100 VG and had similar issues, thinking it was the climate. I work outdoors on aircraft and my juice was thickening. I made the switch to 25/75 and it has worked much better.

I don't really prefer 100 VG anyway, my preferred blend is 40/60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I use to run Boba's Bounty in mine when I first got it with 0 problems. Is yours new or have you had it a while? I ask because a while back mine wouldn't feed hardly at all. Even with thinner juice the bottle had almost no give to it when sqonking.

I found out that my RM2 was dirty and clogged up inside. I long hot bath with an Efferdent denture tablet and you wouldn't believe the crud that came out of it!

You didn't specify what atty you're using but give that a try if you have an RM2. Mine works and looks brand new after that. Now it's a monthly routine.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

6. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use 100% VG for the last 2 years with out any issue. Are you using the reducer by any chance?

7. Fuzzy Bruce

Fuzzy Bruce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    Lately I have been using max VG and find that I need to give my Eoes and attys a hot rinse every couple of weeks for best squonking results.

8. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Robert uses only 100% VG. He made the REO's to work with it.

I also use only 100% VG.

At lower temps I do fine I need to squonk a bit longer for the juice to feed. But inside I don't have that problem at all.

It never hurts to rinse out the tubing and the atty. But I find doing nothing but regular cleanings is needed.

9. Fishcakes

Fishcakes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2013
    nj
    Ive been using 100% vg for a few weeks off and on. Your problem may be too much wick. I had the same thing happen a couple times, but as soon as i rewicked using less wick, everything was good.

10. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    If you cant resolve the problem send the atty to me there could be a problem with the atomizer . I would be happy to go through it

11. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    Unless you vape only VG, then the chances are you don't vape 100% VG. Stands to reason.

I add no PG to my juices, but even then, since the flavours are carried in the PG it's a 95/5 mix. If you find they are too thick then use some distilled water to thin them a little. I reckon on just a few drops, but the world and wife like 2%.

If you vape unflavoured juice - the same applies and you cheap sonofa.....!

T

12. K31Scout

K31Scout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    I also thin my VG with around 5% distilled water.

I leave my Reo in the car a lot and when it gets below about 30F the juice just will not flow; I've watched it. I have to put it in my shirt pocket for a while to warm it up.

13. Fuzzy Bruce

Fuzzy Bruce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    If my max VG does not flow, I am moving closer to the equator!

14. Roscoe01

Roscoe01 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2014
    North Dakota
    I live in a VERY cold climate and I find that 70/30 mix works best for me.

15. SoftSell

SoftSell Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Saskatoon, SK
    Yup we're bound for some -50C days up in these parts, so my Reo stays in an inside pocket. I can maybe get one squonk while outside in this god forsaken frozen waste, even at 70vg/30pg

16. Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Chicago
    I run 100% VG unflavored all the time and don't have a problem. Assuming you're indoors and not leaving your Reo out in the cold, there is something going on with the RBA. which one are you running?

On a grand with any smaller RBA like a RM2, Cyclone etc. I can cover the coil in juice with a press and hold for a 3 count with a full bottle, half bottle takes a 5 or 6 count.

If you pull the drip tip press and hold for 3 you should see the juice rise up in the atty, if not you've got a blockage.

17. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I would say check the fitment of your o-ring. I run 95% VG all day long with no issues.

18. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    Here are some details I had left out in my original post.

I am using an RM3.

I am currently using a juice bottle lid I had cut down so i could feed the tube through it. Perhaps that is the issue?

19. RattlerX

RattlerX Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    West Texas
    You may be squeezing the tube and decreasing the ID just enough to close it off.

20. Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Chicago
    When you convert a lid, drill a 11/64 hole for the tube

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.