*REVIEWS* - HHV Tobaccos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Welcome to the *NEW* HHV tobacco review thread!

Here you will be able to find reviews for all the HHV Tobacco line of e-juice. The purpose of this thread is for reference only. It is not a discussion area. We want people to be able to quickly scan the posts and find the information they are looking for without having to wade through hundreds of comments.

Anyone (that's you) may post in this thread as long as it meets two criteria:

1) Your post must be in the form of a review for one or more of the juice flavors listed here.
2) You must put the juice name, PG/VG ratio, and nic level at the top of each reviewed post.

Please do not leave any comments to the reviews you find in this thread. Any posts found not to follow the above guidelines may be deleted by a moderator.

Here is a link to the reviews page on the old subforum:*REVIEWS* - HHV Tobaccos

The flavors eligible for review in this thread are:

Caramel Apple Tobacco
Dark Horse (P)
Dragon's Fire (P)
Gaia (P)
Georgia Peach Tobacco
Heavenly Army (P)
Heavenly Tobacco
Huntsman (P)
Jiggy (P)
Legend (P)
Maple Eh? (P)
Oompa (P)
Pirate's Booty (P)
Serendipity (P)
Shadow (P)
Sludge (P)
Sweet Swish
Temptation (P)
Vapin' Chimp

(P)
represents the Purity line of liquids whose flavorings are made without the use of PG. In the case of the tobacco line, it also indicates that the juice is a Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NET) which are extracted in-house by Adam and Heather.

So what are you waiting for? Get reviewin'!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Silvercrow

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Dragon's Fire, 70/30, 18mg

For anyone new to the HHV tobacco line, there is something you must know. Few, if any, of the tobacco smoke juices reveal their magic until after you have vaped approximately 2 - 5 mLs of it. Dragon's Fire is no exception. This is another exotic HHV flavor from extract made in-house without a single hint of perfume, chemical, or floral. Yes, it is a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco). If you have previously experienced Legend (formerly Gandalf), Pirate's Booty, Serendipity, Shadow, or Heavenly Army you will find Dragon's Fire to be a perfect fit in this category and a must try.

As for the throat hit...very typical of an HHV extract...more than adequate. Your throat will know something is passing. Vapor? Again, typical of an HHV NET. There is plenty to look at and be proud of upon exhale. As for flavor, Dragon's Fire, like many of the exotic HHV NETs, is very difficult to describe. There is no other smoke juice on the market that DF comes close to. Nor does it have flavors that are easily recognizable. Perhaps the best way I can describe it is a subtle chocolate chip flavor with a little brown sugar/light honey note. I can also think of some white wines this flavor reminds me of...perhaps a Riesling or similar white wine. It is a dull sweetness that takes the harshness off the tobacco and leaves you craving for the next pull. It is the craving characteristic of this juice that makes it EASILY an every-day-vape. This is a five star smoke juice and a must-try for anyone new to HHV.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Legend 100%VG 18-24mg

I've been meaning to write this review for some time now and this is the perfect opportunity for it . Legend is the juice that made an HHV convert out of me . It's a nice sweet cherry pipe tobacco in simplest terms but that's not doing it justice . It's one of the darker flavored juices that HHV offers with black cherry/ berry hilights and rich cocoa undertones with enough of a pipe tobacco presence to satisfy the new vaper looking for a tobacco replacement but more than enough complexity to keep you coming back for more .

Legend is also the the HHV juice that changes the most with steeping IMO , at 4 weeks the tobacco really wakes up and at 6-8 weeks the cherry/berry flavor fades into the background and the tobacco takes front and center stage becoming a rich slightly spicy pipe tobacco vape . At 100%VG the vapor is thick and rich , TH is great , definitely no lack of flavor in HHV's 100%VG juices , I can also chain vape with no worries about wicking either . To sum things up this is my EDV and it deserves it's name , it's truly a Legendary vape .

donnybullets

Jul 31, 2013
kernersville, nc
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Not a review..

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Temptation 100VG 36 nic 2X flavor shot... SVD/HCigar3.1 KFC 12.5 W 28ga. Vertical coil 2.0 ohms

Wow!! Cocoa is the flavor that hits you first, almost invisible on draw, but on inhail its there. Im finding a bit of a buttery note at inhail end and pause. Exhail thru mouth the cocoa is pleasant. Exhail thru nose, the taste is more defined, cocoa and that buttery note comes thru. If given a choice between Legend and Temptation... ( tough choice) I would have to choose Temptation. But I do luv my chocolates ;)
Lets see what this beauty does with a couple of weeks of aging...

HHV, you have another winner on your hands!!

Reactions: Urlacher78

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Dark Horse: 70/30 PG/VG 18mg nic & extra Extract
Born: Aug 27, 2013 (Yup, it's well aged)
Device: SvoeMesto KayFun Lite/Provari; 30 ga. micro-coil 1.9 ohm (silica, cotton & Rayon wicks have been used with subtle deviations)

I believe, I may have one of the oldest bottles still vapeable. As stated above, it was born on 27 Aug, 2013 and has aged well (see what I did there?).

Other folks have pretty much summed it up with their posts throughout this sub-forum using terms such as "...a no frills tobacco vape... ...described as "grassy"; "...a light to medium tobacco, not as "sharp" as Gaia can be, and a much fuller flavor than Shadow..."; "...basically Huntsman-lite: a dry, grassy NET with a whisper of sweetness; a basic cigarette type of flavor..."; "...doesn't change much, if at all. It's a solid Virginia style tobacco..."; "...tastes alot like a real cigarette with a slight bit of sweetness... ...reminds me of the Camel Turkish Royals...."

I would just like to add that I don't particularly care for the term "grassy" in many descriptions I've come cross for DH and Huntsman. Not that it's is bad in any way - I loved dangling a stalk of long grass from my lips back at the old homestead in Lockport, NY. In my opinion, rustic or pastoral would be better descriptors - "having a simplicity and charm that is considered typical of the countryside." Many have likened DH to "Huntsman's little brother", not as bold and mature as the old woody forest of Maple and Oak, it still holds its own with pastoral charm, crystal specks of sweetness and a pleasant spiciness at the end. Where Huntsman may be a trek through woods and meadows, Dark Horse is coming out of the woods to find open fields at harvest time.

If flavors had a color associated to them, in my mind's eye, DH would be green with sprinkles of orange, red and brown here and there. Possibly a younger cigarette tobacco than say, Shadow or Dragon's Fire, but without the burning paper and tar, of course. One shouldn't expect it to taste exactly like a cigarette, however, it is darn close!

A final note on it's color. Unlike some HHV NETs that start out amber and turn dark brown with age, new DH begins pale yellow at first progressing to my present bottle's state of light honey or amber.

Last edited:

Zanaspus

Jun 26, 2014
Columbus OH USA
Heavenly Tobacco
24 mg 20/80 PG/VG
Aspire Nautilus on a Provari 2.5

Wow, just wow. This is a beautiful take on RY4. Nothing overwhelming just sweet tobacco with a hint of caramel. It sort of reminds me of Nicoticket Virus without the maple syrup overtone. No rough edges whatsoever, just an ADV for RY4 lovers.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Shadow. 30/70 PG/VG ratio @12mg nicotine. Using various Reos Mods and RM2 or RM5 RBAs.

This was the first Naturally Extracted Tobacco I ever truly enjoyed, and I still keep it around two years later. A vanilla crème, almost reminiscent of French Vanilla, infused with a light tobacco. (a mild Virginia, maybe ?). This is not an in-your-face vape. Shadow is a smooth and mild NET, easily an All-Day Vape, or a Relaxing at the End of the Day selection. Unlike some of the other HHV selections, this NET is quite enjoyable after only a week or two of steeping. Not for those who like a harsh vape, but most should at least try this selection as it has quietly garnered a following of it's own.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Oompa. 30/70 PG/VG ratio @12mg nicotine. Using various Reos Mods and RM2 / RM5 RBA's.

Described as a 'Love- Hate' e-liquid, Oompa is the Forerunner to Temptation. This HHV selection has two basic flavor notes; unsweetened dark chocolate and a mild-medium bodied tobacco. That's it. Much like Shadow, Oompa will reach maturity in just a week or two. There are no subtleties or undertones involved, this is a very simple and basic flavor combination. The Chocolate is a basic dark chocolate flavor, not sweet, milky or powdery. The Tobacco is married well to the chocolate, neither commands or overpowers the other. Together they form a mild-medium NET that some, like myself, enjoy while others simply pass this off.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Legend. 30/70 PG/VG @12mg nicotine. Using various Reos Mods with RM2 /RM5 RBA's.

Buy it. Steep it. Then put it away for at least a month.
As a Former Tobacco Pipe Smoker, I can honestly say that Legend is THE closest replica to Cherry Pipe Tobacco that I have ever found in Vaping. It is a true Cherry Pipe Tobacco flavor. retic1959's description (see above) is quite accurate. I would like to add that this HHV selection is better Long-Steeped, two months or more. Legend also has staying power; while some e-liquids have been known to fade, or reverse-steep, after six months or so, Legend continues to satisfy well after 6- 8 months later. Legend has a permanent place is my e-liquid rotation, and is a 'Must- Try' when ordering from Heather's Heavenly Vapes.
And, with each successive HHV order, I get a bottle of Legend. I steep it. Then I put it away for a month or two to reach maturity.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Dragon's Fire
70/30 PG/VG

DF has become my all day/everyday vape. For a person that is looking to try out a NET for the first time, this is a great entry to the NET Vapes. It is a tobacco with the perfect blend of sweetness.

I'm not good with describing flavors since I can't pick notes out, such as chocolate, cream etc... All I can tell you is the overall taste is very satisfying without being overly sweet.

Reactions: Urlacher78

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Dragon's Fire 100%VG 24mg nic extra extract

It's gonna be hard to add anything to what Bronze has already said but I'll give it a shot . Complex is the first thing that comes to mind , it's a multilayered NET that reveals different characteristics at different heat levels . Fresh Dragon's Fire has an herbal note to it that almost comes across as fennel to me and some other members of the HHV Army . Being from New Orleans it reads as a touch of Herbsaint to me , that also brings into play the dull white wine sweetness that Bronze has mentioned . As it ages the herbal notes fade and the chocolate chip cookie , brown sugar flavors start to dominate making for a rich vape , at 4-6 wks of age the tobacco wakes up and intertwines nicely with the chocolate chip cookie and brown sugar flavors and it really becomes an outstanding vape . The tobacco base reminds me of a strong cigarette tobacco along the lines of an American Spirit blend . At different heat levels hints of vanilla appear along with some buttery notes tying back into the chocolate chip cookie overtone and balancing with the tobacco . To sum it up , Dragon's Fire is a must try for NET lovers and a must have for most of the HHV Army .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Pirate's Booty 100%VG 36mg nic

She don't lie , She don't lie , She don't lie . I've tasted other cigar NET's that had the flavor of chewing on an unlit cigar , nothing wrong with that if you like the taste of tobacco . Well HHV broke out the lighter for this one . Pirate's Booty has the flavor of a lit cigar , rich , spicy and smooth with cocoa undertones and just a hint of sweetness coming from the tobacco itself . It's the most tobacco forward of the HHV NET's I've tried . It smoothes out with age but it remains what it is . A rich , powerful cigar vape . Pirate's Booty don't lie .

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Copied from Archives:
Originally posted: 02-03-2013, 05:02 PM

Contemporary Gandalf/Legend

50/50 VG/PG 12 mg/ml nicotine

Devices:

Kanger T3
CE3 Clearomizer
Mini ViVi Nova

Ok, so I've been cranking up Gandalf (Hey that's what the label says.) I've finally gone through all my juices for preliminary tasting and some secondary tasting as well. Now that my next order has been shipped, I think it's safe to go back and finish off previous orders and start writing some reviews. (Need to make room for the incoming, as well.)

My first two HHV NETs are long gone, PB & Didpity, so now I'm on to the late LOTR trio. I still have around 10 ml of each and when my CE3s came in yesterday I decided to check out Gandalf in one. Today, it reached the 2 month mark and I had to look twice to make sure I poured from the right bottle. After the first hit or three, the flavor still hasn't coming through. I kept vaping as I figured the new Clearo needed to be broken in. While waiting for that to happen, I decided to clean out a T3 and compare the two. With the T3 cleaned I filled it up with Gandy I again had to double check the label. This is not the same creature I met back in Dec.! It seemed quite a bit harsher than what I remembered. Those fruity sweet tunes had mellowed to undertones and a rich deep slightly spicy tobacco flavor has made it's way to the fore-ground.

In all fairness to the juice, I decided to test it once more in a Nova. Same thing. However, I found going back to the Nova was quite a pleasure. The harshness I was getting from both the T3 and the CE3 were gone, leaving sweet undertones & deep tobacco flavors to unfold & mingle upon the palate. Yes, I do believe ViVi Novas are my favorite delivery device!

So in conclusion, contemporary Gandalf/Legend is quite good right out of the mail pouch - a delightful complex tobacco with nice fruity tones. But if you can resist the temptation to vape it all down the first week and let it set up for a month or two, you'll find a mature complex juice that anyone would be glad to have in their regular rotation, or to share to fellow vapers. Did I just say share? If you go this route, you'd best have a couple of 30ml bottles well steeped!!!

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Copied from Archives
Originally posted: 02-15-2013, 10:08 PM

Dragon's Fire (DF), 50/50, 12mg/ml

Dragon's Fire is a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been mixed with any other flavor, just a natural exotic tobacco. When I first got my 30ml sample, I tried a tankful after the initial 48 hour caps off steep and all I wrote in my juice spreadsheet under Favorite - Rating was, YES and under "First Impression" I put, "Only thing I remember is that it was good. Lightly sweet tobacco."

My second impression after a month of steeping was that it has transformed into a very complex blend - a dark cocoa tobacco with undertones of creamy (IDK) honey or vanilla and slightly fruity spice. DC on the HHV site said, "...(It) seemed like 3 different tobaccos blended together...perique, American and pipe. I haven't personally tasted any of these tobaccos, but I can see his/her point.

Still have about 15ml steeping at the 2 month mark and since I just got fresh supply of HHV's NETs in Wed. I'll be getting back to this one real soon!!!

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Copied from Archives
Originally posted: 04-24-2014, 10:24 PM

This batch of DF is 70/30 PG/VG @ 18mg nic
Ordered on Sept. 25th, 2013

It's been a while since I did a review here, so please forgive any laps in proper form.

I cleaned out my KFLs last night and re-wicked them with cotton. In the KFL+, I have a 1.6ohm, .5mm ribbon wire coil and filled it with Dragon’s Fire. Been vaping it all day and trying to pin-point the flavor notes each time I take a puff.

You can tell by the date that it’s well aged and (IMO) mighty tasty! This is third order of DF, the first was way back in Dec. 2012, just before Christmas; my first notes on the flavor were, "Only thing I remember is that it was good. Lightly sweet tobacco.” and after vaping it all day today I’m going to stick to my second set of notes written a couple weeks after first taste, "DF has transformed into a very complex blend - a dark cocoa tobacco with undertones of cream and slightly fruity spice. (Possibly an ever so slight resemblance to Gollum/Sludge)"

After thoughts:
Vaping in the KFL, as apposed to my previous device the ViVi Nova, brings out a bit more of the nuances of this complex tobacco extract.

The fruity notes are like not like any fruit found in North America, they are ever so light and have more of an exotic tropical, almost herbal taste.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Heavenly Army, 70/30 (PG/VG), 18mg

If you enjoy Shadow, you will enjoy Heavenly Army. They have the same exact creamy base to them. The only difference is the top note. Whereas Shadow has a vanilla-like top note, Heavenly Army is a little darker...perhaps a graham flavor. For those who have not tried either, Heavenly Army is a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) but is heavier on the infused flavor and lighter on the tobacco flavor. That's not to say the tobacco doesn't play a role. This is a tobacco flavored smoke juice to be sure. But prominent is the creamy base note that defines this juice. It's inescapable. It is a bit of a dessert feel that some describe as powdered donuts. It must be noted, this cream base subsides a bit as it ages...like after two months. But it still plays a dominant role in the flavor. The graham-like top note is always present too. Call it a honey graham if you wish. I'm not saying this is the same flavor as Boba's Bounty, but I will put it in that family of flavors. Whereas Boba's has that peppery note, it is replaced with the creamy base in Heavenly Army. Where they are alike is with the graham-like flavor. It might be a good entry juice for those Boba fans new to HHV. As for those familiar with HHV, if you enjoy Shadow or even Dragon's Fire, Serendipity, Legend (Gandalf), or Pirate's Booty, there will be a very good chance you will enjoy Heavenly Army. Expect excellent throat hit and vapor as you can with all the HHV tobacco offerings. This is yet another five star smoke juice but it must be said it is a little bit on the rich side so YMMV with regard to the durability of this vape. I personally enjoy it for a couple hours most days of the week. Give Heavenly Army a shot. There are good odds it will make it into your rotation.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Caramel Apple Tobacco (CAT), 70/30, 18mg

To begin, CAT is NOT a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco). But I don't let this deter me. I love this flavor. It is exactly as it is named. I get all three flavors that blend to make one of the more penetrating flavors in the HHV tobacco lineup. When your taster isn't working so well, fire up some CAT and you will find it can bring your taster back to life. If CAT doesn't, give up.

Throat hit and vapor are as good as any. An interesting aspect of CAT is that it gets sharper with age (6 weeks and older). It has a similar affect that cinnamon has with its penetrating affects. But there is no cinnamon. The apple turns tart while the tobacco and caramel keep it in check. Another benefit of CAT over a straight up fruit vape is the tobacco element makes CAT a durable vape. How many times do you find yourself tiring of straight up fruit vapes? CAT allows you to enjoy the fruit without getting bored with it. This is a frequent vape for me (4 - 5 times a week for a few hours). The nice part about CAT is its consistency. Because it is not a NET, it is not subject to the seasonal and processing variations we find all too often with NETS. It's the same flavorful smoke juice from bottle to bottle, month to month. CAT is a worthy smoke juice and deserves a try.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Sludge (formerly Gollum), 70/30, 18mg

This is a love or hate smoke juice. You wont fall anywhere in the middle. I suggest sampling before you commit to larger quantities. I personally love Sludge. In fact, I'm certain I received the first production bottle of Sludge after it was released. Sludge is described as a raisin/plum tobacco. Quite honestly, the predominant flavor is raisin or, as some describe...prune.. I'm sure the plum is shaping the flavor but there is really no plum note to be had in this smoke juice. The raisin combines with the tobacco base note to make a very dark flavor. It is also a strong flavor so when your taster isn't working particularly well, give Sludge a go and see if that doesn't wake you up. Like many NETs (Naturally Extracted Tobacco), Sludge benefits from a good steeping. Give it at least a week but several weeks is better. It will continue to improve with age. I vape Sludge several times per week for a few hours and very much enjoy it. Don't give up on it too quickly, though. It is an acquired taste.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Gaia, 70/30, 18mg

Phoenix RBA, 1.8 ohm micro, on Nemesis

HHV recently released two NETs that fall squarely in their family of Earthy-flavored NETs. Gaia is one of them (the others are Huntsman, Dark Horse, and the newly released Maple, Eh?). Gaia has a slight grassy flavor but underneath is a dull sweetness that dominants the exhale...perhaps a bitter sweetness. The dull sweet note is not a sharp, sugary sweetness, but a rather subtle appeal similar to malt. I can't help but crave a full-flavored beer or ale while vaping Gaia as it would compliment the hops and barley perfectly.

With the addition of the two, new Earthy NETs from HHV, a realignment is in order. Where many thought of Dark Horse as "Diet Huntsman" or "Huntsman Light", it can be said that Dark Horse can more accurately be described as "Diet Gaia". I find more similarities to Dark Horse than I do Huntsman. Yes, Gaia is a stronger Dark Horse! And isn't it interesting they are the same, near-clear color?

Personally, I find this to be a nice flavor and prefer it above the other three Earthy flavors offered by HHV. Certainly, if you enjoy Dark Horse, Gaia is an absolute must-try. Similarly, if you enjoy Huntsman or Maple, Eh?, Gaia is also a must try. But don't expect a maple note. Grab yourself a nice cold ale and some Gaia and see what you think.

Enjoy!

Note: I found Gaia requires less steeping than most of the HHV NETs.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Temptation, 70/30, 18 mg

Phoenix RBA, 1.8 ohm micro on a Nemesis

Another heavily flavored NET from HHV. Temptation has two primary top notes. Dark chocolate and a creamy shaper. Think Sno-Caps.

snow caps2.jpg

For those familiar with the HHV NET line, Temptation shares the same dark chocolate note in Oompa and a toned-down creamy note you find in Shadow or Heavenly Army. It's a rather bright chocolate vape, not milk chocolate, but definitely dark (or semi-sweet) chocolate. Not overly sweet or rich but definitely sweet. Nothing mysterious here. Sno-Caps. I like it.

Reactions: MacTechVpr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread