Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Not much more air (if any) is going to come out than what can get in via the air intake even with a wide bore DT. It dilutes flavor and vapor, but you can slipstream the DT for more air without enlarging stock intake holes. What I have to do with my Chalice II for now until I get it drilled with not one but 2 larger intakes. Since I DLH my non AFC atty's all are drilled larger than stock... some of them way larger than stock, and all of them have wide bore DT's to take advantage of the increase in air.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I agree with Spydro. I'm thinking drilling is in your future . It's really very simple and trust me, I'm not very handy. Just start small. You can always go larger. Might take 2 minutes from start to finish and that includes finding the drill and vice. Tee hee. (I do put a rag on the surface where the vice touches the RM2 so as to protect from scratching.

Reactions: Danrogers

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
If it came to that, the RM2 has to be the easiest atty to bore out the air ever. It's brass and very easy to work with. You can even do it by hand with a bead reamer or any conical file. Some have even just used a drill bit by hand.

Buuuuut... once it's done, it's done. It prolly would make sense to live with it as is for a little while - experiment with builds and dt's if you like. Also, Spydro's suggestion of slip streaming is a good one.

With a PTank, you were MTL inhaling, so it's not like you're used to something like a vector or derringer (which may be in your future, maybe not).

Reactions: Danrogers

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
If you have a menards or simular hardware store you may be able to find a set of precision drill bits thst comes with a hand vice and those drill bits are super tiny. Then u can enlarge the hole a tiny bit at a time one drill bit at a time and test it and see before going too far where's there no return. Once it's huge it's too big and you'll have to toss it.

I've done the same using a hand drill vice. Super easy to drill out.. you dont want to use a power drill or a dremel cause its real easy to over do it and bore out the hole much larger then your drill bit.

The set I bought was like $12 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread