Safe smoke does not give you a right to assault children

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I am really starting to hate these e-cigs. Everybody that uses them thinks they are "safe" because they can smoke them anywhere. So what people are doing, it has been done twice to me, is to prove it to other people that they are safe, they are blowing the smoke into children's faces. I have had 2 separate people blow e-cig smoke in my 3 year old son's face, and have seen it done to other children. Then they mad dog you waiting for you to say something. After you tell them they are jerks and they should not do that, they reply "it is ok for them to do that because the smoke is "safe". Of course I gave them a piece of my mind.
From what I have learned, that is a form of assault and I can call the police. Next time anyone does that to my or any other child, I will call the cops, siting self defense of a child against assault.
"Safe e-cig" my ...

Do you vape yourself? Who do you hang around with!?

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I do not know anyone that "vapes" or use a ecig. This was done in public places, 1 department store and 1 grocery store.

So you are saying that two different people in two different places just came right up to you and your child and Blew Vapor in your Childs face? Just out of the blue, they walked up and bam, blew their Vapor? What am I missing here? Who does that?

TheMamba42

Feb 14, 2013
USA
It is disrespectful to blow any substance into anyones face, child or not. But don't generalize everyone with an e-cig because not everyone with one is running around blowing vapor in people's faces. Most of us are careful doing it.

Also,(I've had this happen) if you walk INTO the cloud of the vapor while one is exhaling, whose fault is it really?

It just sounds like you've encountered some undesirable people. Just tell them to stop, and walk away with your child.

Threatening legal action is laughable at best.....

Dan87

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Wolverhampton, GB
I am really starting to hate these e-cigs. Everybody that uses them thinks they are "safe" because they can smoke them anywhere. So what people are doing, it has been done twice to me, is to prove it to other people that they are safe, they are blowing the smoke into children's faces. I have had 2 separate people blow e-cig smoke in my 3 year old son's face, and have seen it done to other children. Then they mad dog you waiting for you to say something. After you tell them they are jerks and they should not do that, they reply "it is ok for them to do that because the smoke is "safe". Of course I gave them a piece of my mind.
From what I have learned, that is a form of assault and I can call the police. Next time anyone does that to my or any other child, I will call the cops, siting self defense of a child against assault.
"Safe e-cig" my ...

Not to sound a bit of a Richard cranium but why are you letting your child get close to any stranger holding a metallic device in there hands... I'm a parent and strangers don't get within a inch of my 2 year old... Im very confused hear?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I do not know anyone that "vapes" or use a ecig. This was done in public places, 1 department store and 1 grocery store.

In that instance, I would agree to having the person reported to the authorities for abuse. As stated here already, most of us try to be considerate of others perceptions around us. This only hurts our goal and image, and I myself, though I shouldn't have to, sincerely apologize that this has happened to you and your child. Safe or not, I consider the fact are others in an enclosed environment allergic to any of the chemicals in the vapor I exhale, the fact this person didn't put another's safety over their own arrogance is absurd IMHO.

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Everything falls into someone hands who's ignorant. People with guns, you see gangster, people who loose their minds or plain idiots with guns do stupid stuff all the time. But you don't group them together.

Also, Yes this is a ecig forum but what is ranting here, grouping us with idiots going to do? Nothing. If it happens again call the cops, plain in simple. Posting here isn't going to stop "New" vapors from vaping any where. It's the person and obviously an idiot. You can't control what other people do nor should you waste your time posting on a public forum who has NOTHING to do with your incident.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Although there is no shortage of idiots in this world, I also find it hard to believe that someone would intentionally do that, not to mention two different people on two different occasions.

The OP has every reason to be outraged.

Hopefully, some simple common sense will prevail when vaping in public. (Then again, there is no shortage of idiots in this world.....ohh!! I already said that!!?! Maybe worth stating twice...)

Last edited:

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Well it was probably more just in her direction where her kids were aswell when he was blowing it. But people do allot worse things than that to others so really wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

Now before others post if somebody did something to your child and you posted about it would you want to see others saying troll or I don't believe it you must be making it up? It can happen so if you don't believe it don't post, if you want to be a troll and post troll on boards go to another forum.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Unfortunately, these ecigs fall into peoples hands that are very ignorant on the subject. Not until advertisers and other community ecig leaders change the general notion that ecigs are "safe and harmless" this will continue to happen.
I am very surprised about the positive comments coming from this discussion and hope it will start a trend of more appropriate and civil e-smoking behaviors.

Most "vapers" I know are as considerate now with their e-cigs as they were with tobacco cigarettes. Sadly, one bad apple can spoil the basket.
Chances are, ranting on a forum is the least effective place to take out your understandable grievances. Most of us are on here because we wish to educate ourselves and wouldn't do such a thing regardless of the safety aspect.

I am sorry to hear your story. If I saw such a thing, I expect I'd be as unhappy.

cmueller88

Jun 10, 2013
USA
Walking down an aisle in a grocery store, there are people everywhere. I did think it was strange that these 3 people, 2 women and 1 man were just standing around at the end of the aisle. I did not put too much thought into it, it is a safe neighborhood and have never been threaten by anyone, so my wife, son, and I continued down the aisle with intent on going to the next aisle over, when I saw the female stare straight at me and then looks twords my son, then exhales twords my son. I moved my family past them and gave them some choice words. The started ranting about how it was not illegal for them to blow their ecig smoke at us. That it was harmless and why am I complaining.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Unless I see some information on what led up to someone doing this, (twice!) I will assume it's just trolling. Nobody would walk up to a child and do this out of the clear blue. If one was to have it happen once, why on earth would they put themself with their child in a similar encounter?

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Just noticed this is your first post in this forum. Did you just join the forum to post this as a complaint? Again, I ask, are you a vaper? Have you done any research on ecigs? I would feel like you if someone came up to me or my children and just breathed (without smoke or vapor) in my children's face. I'm 65 and all my children are grown and have never run across anyone who breathed on my children's faces in grocery stores, or anywhere else for that matter.

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
etiquette? Teach?

Okay, that's why there is murder, break ins, thief, gangster people with no regard to human life? Since there human we should teach them etiquette and assume it's going to work?

Plain in simple. If it happens call the cops. Why waste your time here? Are you miserable? How about spend that time with your child instead of ranting about something that we can't control.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Well who better to spread the word of ecig etiquette than other ecig smokers.

I would have to agree with you there, everything needs an etiquette. However, not every e-cig user is registered on these forums, so there are a few, clearly this encounter you have witnessed, that are not as mature and ignorant of true reality. However, there is a way we can possibly meet in the middle, as you stated, educate other users in proper decorum and etiquette when around non-smokers/non-vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread