vaping around small children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VannyPak

Sep 2, 2014
Amarillo, TX
I don't have children but around my nieces and nephews I try to vape outside or in a different area. Of course their dad (my brother) smokes around them all the time but I try to advoid it. Their mom doesn't care if I vape around them but since we don't know for sure that it's not harmful I try to avoid it as much as possible. They usually track me down though because it smells like Vanilla Cupcake or Bananas Foster around me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Lots of people seem to think it's somehow more dangerous to vape around children than it is to vape around anyone else; since it's been shown that there are such small traces of any of the chemicals in "2nd hand vapor" that they're not even measurable, the logic of this escapes me.

If you try to hide it, the kid will eventually find out, or at least know you're hiding *something*, and be VERY eager to find out WHAT; if you act like you're "ashamed" of it but do it anyway, the kid will lose respect for you. I can't fault those who want to keep their kids safe, but to me, this hiding out from kids while vaping seems ridiculous and way overboard. You're vaping in order not to smoke; to me, that seems completely sufficient.

If you try to shield kids from every least little thing, you will fail; if you try to keep them from every germ, they will not develop an immune system. If you go to these kinds of lengths to avoid "contaminating" your children's air, how do you feel about them riding in cars or schoolbuses? Which, I assure you, is far worse for them than anything that comes from an e-cig.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread