ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
"Repeated process .
7 draws 1.5 hr time frame "

Then you said this...

"After about 8 min exact I began to get light headed and after exactly
35 min a mean headache set in .
Real heavy oily taste or sensation I'd describe it in my mouth like I took a mouth full of cooking oil . At which point I stopped"

If after about 8 min you had only taken 1 puff and felt lightheaded. And after 35 minutes you had taken a total of about 3 puffs.
Your previous statement of vaping for 1.5 hours and 7 total draws seems inaccurate.

Don't be offended for me questioning your statements
because they seem to me to not add up. Did you vape for 35 minutes or an hour and a half? 3 puffs in 35 minutes or 7? But then I'm not that great at math either.

It does seem that other than cause you grief, vaping doesn't work for you. Out of the thousands/millions of folks that have had success using the vape to stop smoking tobacco, you are not one of them. Too bad, nice try, Good luck. Cheers.

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Well hey thanks for trying , at least you didn't attack me for posting my neg experience with these products
Thanks so much for that , I certainly hope others that come here with neg experiences don't get attacked by others as I did and hey maybe others can learn alittle something about helping others from u , at this point after speaking to the guy at the vape store more last night getting his opinion , my doctor earlier this week and you I have come to the conclusion that these vape products are a failure for me and didn't work , and I have learned a hard lesson , far to many associated problems with vaping more then I care to bother with . I have decided to quit vaping and Im selling the items I bought to a guy at work that expressed and interest in buying so at least I will get some of my money back I wasted on this stuff .
i can honestly say vaping was a very disappointing and negative experience for me . An experience I won't be to quick to try again
Best of luck to all of u it does help , I did a ton of reading on vaping this last 2 weeks and with the lack of extensive research of these products
Hopefully many of you are right and you all don't pay the ultimate price in the future for using this stuff . IMO
For me the nic gum was a failure
This experiment with vaping was a worse failure .
I guess I'm just another
" Victim " of the neg side effects of these products . I guess this stuff isn't for everyone, just like any other product on the market
It's time for me to get rid of this vaping junk and get on with my life .
I certainly wouldn't recommend the use of these products to any of my friends that's for sure ,
Best of luck to u all .
Thanks again and goodbye ECF .

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
@Flaguy50 Yes, millions is an accurate statement, at least according to the CDC as of 2014. New CDC Data: More Than 9 Million Adults Vape Regularly in the United States

I am sorry you've not had success kicking smoking, but everyone is different. I don't think there are too many that can handle vaping pure PG, most people experiment to find their happy combination of PG/VG. I am one that cannot handle too much VG and limit it to no more then 40% of my mixtures. There are some that use distilled water to thin their VG as well.

Anyway, best to you, hope you find a way that works to help you quit smoking, if that is what you wish.

I am sorry you were offended by what you perceived as attacks from members here, but you have to take into consideration that vapers are being attacked from all corners lately, and we have reason to be suspicious. We may seem defensive, because WE ARE! We have been put into that position by the regulations that are being forced on us. I think if you go to ANY vaping forum and start to say what you've said here, you will be pushing lots of buttons.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I don't know all about the success/non-success numbers and I don't need to be negatively reminded of it. I just know me and those I have read about or directly talked to about vaping.

Based on that, I have learned that smoking is very easy. It is made that way. Buy a pack (anywhere), open and 20 perfect cigs for immediate use. Their is no fuss, mess or anything else...except maybe stink, lack of oxygen, smell, taste, and susceptibility to earlier death.

Vaping, on the other hand, has a good track record for those that can do it. It does take more work, but it becomes hobby-ish for many. Relaxing is just one benefit. My doctor tells me about others and approves. My dentist even noticed changes, but he doesn't know why.

Again, vaping isn't easy, it is not "perfection", and it takes some patience and acceptance over the simplicity of cigarettes. For many, they thought they would save a lot of money by vaping. Well, for me, the hobby got involved. I don't mind one penny of the expense to determine if vaping was right for me. Some, it does not seem to work out for, but I, in no way, would regret the expense of trying anything to get away from smoking.

I don't know you, but I feel a sense of respect for anyone trying to get away from smoking. Keep tinkering with the percents, nic content, and just physically how you vape. It can be very beneficial.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: sawlight

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Clearly others are finally replying to this so I will as well , Let me respond to this I shouldn't bother but I'm not doing anything else , I believe Qew you said if I say what I said here on other forums I'm assuming meaning posting my negative experience with these products
Would be pressing buttons ,
Well obviously I have pressed some buttons here question is
Press buttons about what may I ask
Telling the truth that I had problems ? And if so
I ask this very simple question then
Why LIE and or HIDE the fact that these products caused me problems and I'm very disappointed and discouraged in that failure and I wanted to know why ?
From others that use this stuff .
Is that so wrong ?
Why LIE or for that matter HIDE anything ? As adults Common sence dictates That as a response if others attack me for my honest opinions of my experience good bad or indifferent which indeed happened here what are they honestly
Hiding ?

Let me say this I knew a few days ago when I was getting attacked an I was that the fact that I was openly posting my experience with this stuff didn't exactly thrill to many as per meaning
And I've said this before
" oh don't say anything negative about this stuff because we don't want anyone knowing these problems are possible "
IMHO ,
What is there to HIDE or LIE about ?
Seriously?
Also did it ever dawn on you that maybe Users of these products are so defensive because maybe just maybe
For everyone person these products worked for maybe there are others
, That these products failed and that's why the FDA wants to regulate these products as a hazard .
Not every product on the market is for everyone .
And yes I did read that in a report so I'm just asking and plz don't take this the wrong way , but I notice Vapers as u call them are very fast to defend against those the products don't work for u even said that yourself . Could it be possible that users of these products don't like the fact that this stuff does cause some people problems and it needs to be hidden ?
For 1 reason or another ? Or just basically doesn't want to be heard or know about ?
Kinda sounds like a denial issue to me .

It seems the topic is going way beyond my neg exp with this stuff and heading in the direction of basic ethics
But that's fine maybe something will be learned who knows .

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Clearly others are finally replying to this so I will as well , Let me respond to this I shouldn't bother but I'm not doing anything else , I believe Qew you said if I say what I said here on other forums I'm assuming meaning posting my negative experience with these products
Would be pressing buttons ,
Well obviously I have pressed some buttons here question is
Press buttons about what may I ask
Telling the truth that I had problems ? And if so
I ask this very simple question then
Why LIE and or HIDE the fact that these products caused me problems and I'm very disappointed and discouraged in that failure and I wanted to know why ?
From others that use this stuff .
Is that so wrong ?
Why LIE or for that matter HIDE anything ? As adults Common sence dictates That as a response if others attack me for my honest opinions of my experience good bad or indifferent which indeed happened here what are they honestly
Hiding ?

Let me say this I knew a few days ago when I was getting attacked an I was that the fact that I was openly posting my experience with this stuff didn't exactly thrill to many as per meaning
And I've said this before
" oh don't say anything negative about this stuff because we don't want anyone knowing these problems are possible "
IMHO ,
What is there to HIDE or LIE about ?
Seriously?
Also did it ever dawn on you that maybe Users of these products are so defensive because maybe just maybe
For everyone person these products worked for maybe there are others
, That these products failed and that's why the FDA wants to regulate these products as a hazard .
Not every product on the market is for everyone .
And yes I did read that in a report so I'm just asking and plz don't take this the wrong way , but I notice Vapers as u call them are very fast to defend against those the products don't work for u even said that yourself . Could it be possible that users of these products don't like the fact that this stuff does cause some people problems and it needs to be hidden ?
For 1 reason or another ? Or just basically doesn't want to be heard or know about ?
Kinda sounds like a denial issue to me .

It seems the topic is going way beyond my neg exp with this stuff and heading in the direction of basic ethics
But that's fine maybe something will be learned who knows .
Some folks get deathly ill eating peanuts. Others drinking milk. Others eating bread. I have a friend that cannot tolerate raw carrots. Actually she's running out of stuff she can eat. None of these products are being deemed out of existence like vaping. So no, excessive FDA regulation is not required because the odd person such as yourself experiences difficulties. When you suggest otherwise people naturally become suspicious of your motives. And perhaps they were just perceptive in divining motive from your earliest posts? Nuff said???

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Rather than looking at the negatives, most here work for the positives. We hear negatives all the time in the media and it just gets old. I, for one, am extremely grateful and I will help anyone who is expressing how they too can make it work. As I said earlier, this is not a perfect solution, but doing it and being involved with helping others, as best can, I see clearly a very high percentage of success.

A "this is a failure" approach is just very contrary to so many others. For me, this is a gift of life, of seeing my grand-kids grow older, of having health. They say that, "if you don't have your health, what do you have".

Negativeness, just doesn't go very far. Again, I really wish you the best of luck. You bought the hardware, keep tinkering.

Reactions: Hitmetwice

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Ok should I have lied and hidden the fact that these products were causing me problems hide and lie ,
Because u clearly seem to be accusing me of something,
This must be that defensive , hide
Your pushing buttons being open about your experience
Don't say anything thing huh ?

This is actually getting very fascinating
Someone should open a topic here

"The true psychology of vaping " I'm sure I would be a most interesting read .

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I don't believe anyone here had or has a problem with addressing questions or offering what help they are able to give. I had some reactions when I first started vaping and I asked around and did searches and read up. I found that other people had the same type of situation with high VG liquids, nothing was hidden, no one attacked me. It did not prove to me that there is anything wrong with the liquids, it just showed me that some products will not work for me, others will, and did.

Presentation and attitude is everything in communicating on the internet. I don't think anyone attacked you, if they had they would have been informed by the staff here, and their post would have been removed.

There is not much in life that doesn't have some kind of negative aspect, nothing is perfect. For me, I weigh the negatives against the positives, I was willing to do some experimenting to find what worked for me, I wanted to quit smoking very badly! That being said, I did not feel the need to attack the things that didn't work for me. I am happy that those work for others, even though they did not appeal or work for me. I don't drink coffee, can't stand the stuff, but I don't go to a coffee forum and tell the users that I tried coffee, it's not for me and coffee is nasty. See my point? I would expect that coffee drinkers would post to tell me that coffee is great and think I was some kind of hater.

The reason for the health forum is exactly for what you said, to discuss and learn and compare what others are experiencing. That is not exactly hiding anything, don't you agree? You prove with your own posts that agreement is not required, your posts have not been removed, have they? There have been replies to your posts, people offered what they thought could be answers to your questions. If you are not satisfied with the replies, I suppose you have to look elsewhere until you are satisfied with the information you find. Again, attitude is everything. Haters gonna hate.

I never said that members here do not want to hear about any negative aspects. I was trying to point out that your posts did not just say things like "I'm having this problem...." they said that, sure. But, you took it well beyond that. You described your experience then went on to attack e-cigarettes as unsafe or something of that nature, I'm not going back to find a quote. (see coffee example above) That would be the button pushing. E-cigs work for me, they do not cause me health problems and it is unfair of you to make such generalizations about all the different products. You tried one mod and tank set up, a few different liquids, and you think that is all that vaping has to offer. I truly hope you are not allergic to VG and/or PG, if so, you are not going to be able to use a host of FDA approved food, medical, personal care and household products from today forward.

I wish you good luck.

Reactions: Katmar

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Rather than looking at the negatives, most here work for the positives. We hear negatives all the time in the media and it just gets old. I, for one, am extremely grateful and I will help anyone who is expressing how they too can make it work. As I said earlier, this is not a perfect solution, but doing it and being involved with helping others, as best can, I see clearly a very high percentage of success.

A "this is a failure" approach is just very contrary to so many others. For me, this is a gift of life, of seeing my grand-kids grow older, of having health. They say that, "if you don't have your health, what do you have".

Negativeness, just doesn't go very far. Again, I really wish you the best of luck. You bought the hardware, keep tinkering.

It's very hard for someone not to look at the neg when the attempt was a total failure .
Just responding truthfully is all

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
I totally understand what your saying
Qew
You know what I have kids also and yes I am a smoker and I HATE it it's a disgusting highly addictive habit I openly admit that not gonna hide it and say it's not
I Hate cigarettes ,,, and Like many others I have tried multiple times and different products to get off Cigs , this attempt being the latest ,
I won't hide it or lie about it but being a realist , this is something I tried failed and miserably I might add and put a very bad taste in my mouth also so to speak , then I will openly say hey this product or that product Sucked in my opinion because it made me sick or throw up or whatever it did hypotheticaly speaking to give me said opinion .
What other motive would I honestly have hey it failed in my opinion it Sucks that's it
And I wouldn't recommend it to my friends or loved ones
That's fair I think
I wouldn't recommend smoking to anyone either there u go let's be fair about it
Cigarettes suck to .

People hide things I don't . Never have
It's just basic human nature some do some don't .
Yes I am finding this more interesting that others are finally saying something .
But yet not 1 person has yet been able to tell me so far why exactly the PG burned my throat & chest so much
Or why the VG made me very light headed and gave me a nasty headache and a gross oily taste .
When I have no know allergies
Other then to say oh well it didn't work for ya sorry ...
That doesn't explain why does it
NOPE ...
Plus
Not to mention I haven't touched the stuff all day long and feel perfectly fine ,
Odd huh ?
Here's a great question if most of all these juices have the same base stuff in them and they do because I have read that they do PG / VG same difference is a main base and someone says hey try a different 1
isnt that like saying hey look at that brick wall , lower your head and run into it full speed maybe it will give u a different result then u got from the last wall u ran into
Yet they are both made of the same brick hummmmmm
See my point ?

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Umm, I DID offer and suggest you may have allergies to both pg and vg. I DID say that the burning in your throat resembled a common reaction to pg sensitivity. I DO NOT know what the reactions to vg are as there are so few cases of that. Switching to vg is what normally cures the reactions. Just because you don't have any known allergies doesn't mean you don't have any! Let's just clear that up here and now! You may have a cat and be allergic to it, but be perfectly fine around cats. Allergies are based on a bodies tolerance, not an instant reaction to one thing. This is a common misconception! You've been fine around cats but then move to a place full of ragweed and didn't know you were allergic to either, but both combined are more than your body will tolerate and you go into full reaction. Severe food allergies are one exception to this though.
Is vaping safe? Absolutely! But as others said, it's no where as easy as smoking. You have to find a juice you like, the nic level you need and gear that you can tolerate to use.
As with someone else I've met on here, you don't strike me as the type willing to put in the effort needed, so NO, I DO NOT think this is the avenue for you to pursue. I'd suggest you look into Snus, there's a sub forum here on it, as well as other forums dedicated entirely to it. The hardest part is choosing from the great flavors so it's relatively easy to start with and use.
As for the rest of it, I've been down this road and it's not one I chose to travel again. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Izan

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
I'm old enough to know there are some questions that just can't be answered or explained like the 1 I asked above
That's like asking for an answer to this question
My grandfather passed at 94 years old smoked 50 years of his life but passed from degenerative prostate cancer ,
Yet my friends sister who never smoked a day in her life and was a triathlete passed away at 41 of advanced lung cancer ,
Figure that 1 out , makes no sence does it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread