Serpent vs Serpent Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ork7O

Apr 20, 2016
Hey there folks! I just started vaping. I am currently on a vtc mini+toptank mini suggested by the good people over here. I have been meaning to upgrade my tank and get a little bit experience in coil building.

I am decided to start with either of these two here. Mainly because they have a single coil deck and will work fine with higher resistance coils since I can't put too much money on juices atm. Feel free to share your opinion and thanks in advance!

1. The Serpent
vs.
2. The serpent Mini

Cheers!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I think you'll be pleased with either one, especially MTL. The Merlin is supposed to be available soon, might want to look at it if you're not in a hurry. I hear it's going to be a next gen thing. The full size Serpent will probably be easier to build on, with a larger deck. Frankly, I recommend new builders start with a cheap clone RDA, as it's bigger, and you can get to the coil just pulling the cap. If higher watts and low air is where you want to be, it's not easy to beat a Plume Veil clone, which can be had for 10 or 15 bucks (The real ones-- if you can find one, they're out of production-- are well over a Franklin). Finally, I will observe you can overcome the juice cost problem by making your own.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I've got both. Just my personal opinion on pros and cons

Regular:
Better aesthetics
More Juice capacity
Looks better on larger mods

Mini:
Able to take apart completely
Looks better on stealth mode

IMHO same flavor and vapor on both if built with same specs.

Get both :)

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
if you have trouble building I suggest the regular. I don't own those tanks but I do have a couple mini rda's and tanks and they are hell to build on I literally went through about 5 feet of wire to build a single working set of coils when I got my first rta due to the design. on the mini I assume they all have smaller juice wells compared to the originals as well. as far as flavor goes I would assume the mini has a better flavor profile if even detectable but in the end I don't think it would even be a huge difference

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
if you have trouble building I suggest the regular. I don't own those tanks but I do have a couple mini rda's and tanks and they are hell to build on I literally went through about 5 feet of wire to build a single working set of coils when I got my first rta due to the design. on the mini I assume they all have smaller juice wells compared to the originals as well. as far as flavor goes I would assume the mini has a better flavor profile if even detectable but in the end I don't think it would even be a huge difference

The mini is actually easier to build on. The decks have relatively the same diameter (22mm atty). The mini however has the slots for the leads positioned so you basically don't have to bend anything.

Reactions: Katya

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
The mini is actually easier to build on. The decks have relatively the same diameter (22mm atty). The mini however has the slots for the leads positioned so you basically don't have to bend anything.

nice I think the biggest con for me when it comes to mini's is ease of building everything else is fine. I did enjoy both the mini's I bought except the rda because of a small juice well and I kept over filling out of habit. never a reason not to try one or both though

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
In my estimation, the Serpent mini is the best single coil rta on the market. I've been using the original Serpent for a few months and it's been pretty decent. It was my favorite single coil rta. I've always had slight leaking problems with it, and I hate the juice flow control system, but it was better than anything else I'd used. Well, the Serpent mini doesn't have juice flow control and it doesn't need it IMO. It wicks flawlessly and it stays dry as a bone all day. It's just perfection to me. Obviously it has a limited juice capacity, but I don't care. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for such a great looking and great performing rta.

Reactions: Ork7O
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread