Toronto, Canada

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yup ordered 2, looks like they will fit 25mm tank, which would be very nice
That's what I was thinking. Be perfect with my BBB tanks as I run the various Baby coils never higher than 80w.

Single battery life will suck, but the size is great for going out IMO.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
I wasn't gonna get one of these. I thought to myself, "well I've already got 2 PICO's, I don't really need a glorified one. Besides, I need to stop getting mods that only hold 22mm atty's."

Now I will definitely be getting one.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
One thing that is bothering me about the mod is no battery vent holes :(
True. I haven't seen the bottom but I won't have mine for a few weeks.

I generally am not concerned when it comes to regulated mods, but strange it might not have venting as both my G-Priv and Alien mods do.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm a victim of this as well, but battery venting is sufficient with any regulated mod that has a USB port. It's mechanicals you have to worry about. Sealed pipes are no good.

Not positive venting out the usb port is gonna do you much good if the battery loses it. If the usb port is supposed to serve that purpose on the AL85 by design, I'd seriously question the decision.

I will say the fact it can accept a 25 mm tank makes it a very attractive option. I assume it's using the same chip/design as the Alien, and I've enjoyed that mod. the Alien, however does have vent holes.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
USB venting is plenty. I think people over estimate what a venting 18650 does. If a USB port can't vent an 18650...you have a much bigger problem than any vent hole will handle.

You might be right on that. I don't think I've ever seen a mod where the battery vented and didn't blow the mod apart, vent holes or not.

And the mechs that have the vent holes on the negative side seem kind of pointless, if the battery vents, from what I understand, it's going to swell before it ruptures and will likely fill any space that might have let the gasses escape on the other side.

That being said, I do like seeing vent holes, preferably on the positive side.

Reactions: Opinionated

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Steveohant

Feb 7, 2017
OK what to say about this AL85. As I’ve only had it a day I’ve not really played around with it too much, but from the stock installed TFV8 Baby Beast with the 0.4 coils installed it tastes amazing and gives out a generous plume of vapour as you’d expect with this atomiser. The tank is a great size fits in the palm of your hand and the trigger works every time so far. The settings menu is easy to use and has way more on it than you’d probably ever need. The only 2 cons I’ve noticed so far are: in all the pictures I’ve seen so far the finish looks glossy, mine is the silver option and at best the finish is a low semi-gloss, which is disappointing. Secondly the battery cap on the top makes adjusting the air flow ring at the bottom of the TFV8 awkward, but I’ll probably leave it open all the time so not really much of an issue. All in all though a great piece of kit, and yes there are no battery vent holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread