Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Is the battery compartment sealed? Or would it be possible that if venting takes place that it goes through the firing switch, usb port or something like that?

@Carnage9270 offered the usb port as acceptable for venting. I'm not sure I'd buy that as a solution, but I guess it is better than a sealed tube/box. Whether there are vent holes or not is not a make or break for me on this mod. For me it comes down to do I need another single battery mod. Right now I'm not excited by it, however if I didn't already have an Alien it would be high on my to buy list.

The one thing it has going for it for me is the ability to accept a 25 mm tank. That would be useful over say a Pico. I'd still rather be able to buy the mod alone than as a kit with the tank, as I don't want to add another tank using factory coils that I really won't want to maintain stock on.

Reactions: drugarth

Steveohant

Feb 7, 2017
The ability to vent seems to be an issue for some, so I thought I'd have a look inside the battery tube to see if any venting could exit the micro usb port. It's a sealed tube with only the positive contact showing at the bottom, not sure how any gasses could escape from the tube. But as a couple of people have said earlier in this thread, if it gets to that point its probably too late already!
That aside, I think I'm falling in love with this little mod, so if she does blow.. I'll die happy:)

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That aside, I think I'm falling in love with this little mod, so if she does blow.. I'll die happy:)

That's the right attitude.:D

Do you have an Alien as well? I'm very happy with the Alien style design Smok has released adding this to the group. I know the touch screen of the G-Priv is a fancy "upgrade", but the Alien (and by extension assuming same general quality the AL85) has been a surprisingly reliable small form factor mod for me.

Reactions: Steveohant

Steveohant

Feb 7, 2017
I made the same assumption, a friend has an Alien and I like it a lot. I am, to all intensive purposes a less intensive vaper and the AL85 is I think a perfect fit for me. I'm running it with a Sony VTC6, which at the end of this second day and a fair bit of use still has plenty of charge in it, something that I didn't expect.
Win, win:)

Reactions: Eskie

Steveohant

Feb 7, 2017
The AL85 is readily available in the UK, however after enjoying the 0.4ohm coils in the TFV8 baby I thought it'd be good to get some spares in for future use. It proved quite a search to find them, most UK stockists were pending or just straight sold out. Eventually did find them, but had to pay over the odds for them!
Anybody know why this is? (the availability not the excess cost)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
The AL85 is readily available in the UK, however after enjoying the 0.4ohm coils in the TFV8 baby I thought it'd be good to get some spares in for future use. It proved quite a search to find them, most UK stockists were pending or just straight sold out. Eventually did find them, but had to pay over the odds for them!
Anybody know why this is? (the availability not the excess cost)

I've been checking regularly for coils for my Atlantis tanks for a few weeks now with no success (only using my 4 "regular vendors"). It is just my guess/hope it is due to the Chinese New Year and they will return to the shelves shortly.

EDIT: Looking for coils in USA

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
That'd make sense I guess, I don't usually feel like working for a week after our new year's eve:)
It's much deeper than that. After CNY, most companies have to rehire a huge bulk of their employees too. Then there's training and then production starts. Major supply issues for anything coming from Asia for a couple of months typically.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've been checking regularly for coils for my Atlantis tanks for a few weeks now with no success (only using my 4 "regular vendors"). It is just my guess/hope it is due to the Chinese New Year and they will return to the shelves shortly.

EDIT: Looking for coils in USA

I received some Atlantis coils from MVS several weeks ago and was about to direct you there until I checked myself and are also out of stock at the moment. I never thought about the ripple effect of CNY outside of the FT delays.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

Steveohant

Feb 7, 2017
67f4fa705509afa90c28f3c7b0ac6287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steveohant

Feb 7, 2017
Hi, newbie here. Anyone updated the firmware yet?
As far as I know the current firmware is V1.0.7 mine came with that version already installed. I've checked on the Smok website and they don't list an upgrade for the AL85, so there must only be this version so far. Below is the link if you wanna keep a check on it yourself, hope this helps
SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread