Smok Alien - Battery case damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, new member here - well, a lurker really!

I bought a smok Alien kit a couple of weeks ago and love it, however last night I noticed a small crack on the battery case cover meaning that it won't snap shut properly and keeps popping open. I contacted the shop where I bought it and they said they don't cover damaged items, and to contact smok direct. I can only find support in the U.S and nothing at all for people to contact in the U.K. Has anyone had any experience exchanging products in the U.K and if you have any information for me that'd be great!

To be honest I thought the shop would exchange it for me, send it back to their suppliers and deal with it that way.

Thanks in advance
Sophie.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
Some shops I've dealt with use the "we don't warranty dropped items" line way too much and offer no warranty ever because they will always claim it was dropped. Some shop owners buy from the same internet companies we can order from and will not receive credit or replacement on products so they will not give any type of warranty. I love going to B&Ms, but never buy much because I can order from the same places they do and avoid the markup AND receive a warranty.

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
I guess I could just put some tape over the battery door...but I mean it cost £60 so I don't really wanna start taping it up! It should work, certainly for more than 2 weeks. Didn't drop it or anything, I don't even take it out the house. I've got a Coolfire for that - now that's a robust mod!

I have emailed Smoktech...don't expect to get much from them tbh but will see. Can't seem to find anywhere offering replacement parts, does anyone know of anywhere like this? Preferably in the UK :)

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
First of all, your the first person I've spoken from that is from the UK! Yay.
I have a coolfire as well, it's lasted me months! But to answer your question I have just looked & there doesn't seem to be anywhere you can get a spare :( sorry

Hello fellow UK-er! :toast:

My Coolfire has taken a bit of a beating over the last year and it still works perfectly!

Nope didn't think so, re spares, looks like it's glue or tape for me! It's a great mod, but has a ....ty battery door :(

Thanks for everyone's replies! :)

Reactions: Eskie

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
Hello,
If you like the alien so much why don't you get a new one :)
I agree they are a really good mod, I'm picking up a black & green one on Friday.

I have a standard coolfire 4 & a coolfire 4 100wtc. I also had a coolfire 4 plus 75w but gave it to a mate, he's been happy with it for a year now

I don't really want to spend another £60 when I 'should' have a perfectly good mod I bought a couple weeks ago - I will eventually, probably! I'm pretty fussy when it comes to vapes lol - if anyone's got any good suggestions I will happily take a look into them :)

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
They are a lot of decent regulated mods about, the coolfire 4 100wtc is really good an a bigger battery to the standard one.
Mvp4 100w
The kroma.
Itaste range.

I'm a really big fan of innokin, an they do really reliable solid mods.
I have a wismec rx2/3, I use that in the duel battery configuration & it's been a really good mod. A lot of people seem to have a problem with the 510 connection but mines been fine.

I own 30 mods, maybe a bit more but my favorites are the coolfire 4's, an the aspire archon. That's another good duel battery mod. An I do love my alien now it works! :)

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
They are a lot of decent regulated mods about, the coolfire 4 100wtc is really good an a bigger battery to the standard one.
Mvp4 100w
The kroma.
Itaste range.

I'm a really big fan of innokin, an they do really reliable solid mods.
I have a wismec rx2/3, I use that in the duel battery configuration & it's been a really good mod. A lot of people seem to have a problem with the 510 connection but mines been fine.

I own 30 mods, maybe a bit more but my favorites are the coolfire 4's, an the aspire archon. That's another good duel battery mod. An I do love my alien now it works! :)

Yes my OH has a Wismec Reuleux which is awesome, but massive! So you can use just two batteries rather than three?

I have a Kooper which is ok but also huge. I like the Sigelei Fuchai mods so that may be my next one.

30 mods, wow! It is addictive for sure. I'll look into your suggestions, thank you :)

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah with the rx2/3 it comes with another battery door you can put on the back to make it smaller an put two batteries in, runs 150w with two & 200w with three. I found the three battery config too big so I can see what your saying. It's also why I haven't bothered with the rx200 up to the rx300, they are just too bulky.
The alien is the most compact duel battery you can get, that';s why I like it.
I don't own a Sigelei Fuchai, but I have checked them out for sure.

Feel free to pm me for any advice, I've vaped for eight years. I have fell off the wagon inbetween but I have gone through so many different types of mods it's unreal.
If you ever want to get in to mechs they are really good! Just gotta know what your doing.

I have work & shouldn't be on here :p but feel free to message.
Sam's my real name by the way :D

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I don't really want to spend another £60 when I 'should' have a perfectly good mod I bought a couple weeks ago - I will eventually, probably! I'm pretty fussy when it comes to vapes lol - if anyone's got any good suggestions I will happily take a look into them :)
Why would you buy another mod from a manufacturer that has shown you no Love?
Now you're up to 120 pounds, for a mod that's hardly worth half that..

Reactions: Izan

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Get an SX Mini and it'll last for years. I've seen the new 200w G series on sale for $99. I was so tempted to buy it, but already have enough mods for now. I own the SX Mini M series and couldn't ask for a sturdier mod!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
If you love Wismec by Jaybo, get the new 300SX that takes four 18650's...I won one! Can't wait to see how long the batteries last. I have a Snowwolf that takes three batteries, and it lasts a good while. Four is crazy fun, but being it's a new Mod haven't really heard good nor bad about the 300 yet.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, new member here - well, a lurker really!

I bought a Smok Alien kit a couple of weeks ago and love it, however last night I noticed a small crack on the battery case cover meaning that it won't snap shut properly and keeps popping open. I contacted the shop where I bought it and they said they don't cover damaged items, and to contact Smok direct. I can only find support in the U.S and nothing at all for people to contact in the U.K. Has anyone had any experience exchanging products in the U.K and if you have any information for me that'd be great!

To be honest I thought the shop would exchange it for me, send it back to their suppliers and deal with it that way.

Thanks in advance
Sophie.
I am going to assume you have an Alien 220? If so, these battery doors do not snap shut, they extend a little beyond the mod and you have to hold it down while sliding the piece back onto the mod.
Would it be possible to show a pic?
:)

Reactions: Eskie

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
Why would you buy another mod from a manufacturer that has shown you no Love?
Now you're up to 120 pounds, for a mod that's hardly worth half that..

I know, I do love the mod though. But I will look into others before going out and buying the same one again.

If you love Wismec by Jaybo, get the new 300SX that takes four 18650's...I won one! Can't wait to see how long the batteries last. I have a Snowwolf that takes three batteries, and it lasts a good while. Four is crazy fun, but being it's a new Mod haven't really heard good nor bad about the 300 yet.

I was looking at the Snowwolf for ages, it looks so pretty! I read something about it not working in TC mode, which at the time I was all about the TC but now just don't bother so much and run in wattage mode.

I am going to assume you have an Alien 220? If so, these battery doors do not snap shut, they extend a little beyond the mod and you have to hold it down while sliding the piece back onto the mod.
Would it be possible to show a pic?

Here are a couple of photos, you can see on the right hand side the door doesn't quite close properly and the slightest touch makes it pop open.
Smok2.jpg
Smok.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I know, I do love the mod though. But I will look into others before going out and buying the same one again.

I was looking at the Snowwolf for ages, it looks so pretty! I read something about it not working in TC mode, which at the time I was all about the TC but now just don't bother so much and run in wattage mode.

Here are a couple of photos, you can see on the right hand side the door doesn't quite close properly and the slightest touch makes it pop open.
View attachment 651829 View attachment 651827
I am sure you have tried to push that whole piece in. Can't quite see why it's not catching....bummer.
Mine are sometimes difficult to push down and slide in but it may just be my hands not wanting to cooperate.

soph2686

Jul 20, 2016
Ok so my colleague friend at work has figured this out...the battery on the right hand side seems to be too loose or something and keeps pushing the door open. He sellotaped a bit of paper around the top of that battery and the door fits perfectly! Not sure how good of an idea this is though...whilst it has solved the problem is this gunna cause me issues, i.e. the thing blowing up on me?! Here's a photo;
battery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread