Smok Quantum won't turn on after bluetooth firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

paludicola

Jul 5, 2016
Yeah, when i first google it i followed these instructions i found in your post. sadly it doesn't work somehow, when you select the pc option in the app, as said in the instructions you only get a blank screen. I got an updating tool form smok, which also detects my device but sadly it says " ERROR: No Aprom File." you can get the aprom's from many other devices but not from the quantum... I will update as soon as i find any information or get a response from smok or gearbest.

paludicola

Jul 5, 2016
I got my Quantum today, try to make OTA upgrade and now I have the same problem. Quantum doesn't turn on, PC tool doesn't work, error is "No APROM file"...
Hex file has only 68kB, but others have around 200kB
Yeah, im at the same point at the moment... i have contacted smok and gear best, the gear best guys are on it. i've sent them a video explaining everything which was mentioned here

Jaem01

Jul 8, 2016
Bricked Quantum Solution! temporary fix, at least you can use your Quantum until Smok fixes the problem
  1. Download the USB updater 2.0 from the Smok website (support->upgrade->tools&firmware->upgrade tool 2.0)
  2. Unzip the file and run the updater.
  3. Select Quantum and check for updates. The firmware is downloaded to the folder with the updater - it's named 1100.hex. The file is actually a RAR archive - that's why we're getting the APROM error message.
  4. Rename the file to 1100.rar and use a RAR utility to extract it and locate
    VIVI-76 (160520)1.0.8(checksum=0xA3A9).hex file
  5. Now download one of the other programming tools from Smok (e.g. for the H-priv - home page at the bottom->upgrade tool for your xcubeii & h-priv) and run the programmer.
  6. Connect your Quantum by holding the fire button then plugging the USB and click Connect.
  7. Click the APROM button in the programmer and select the extracted hex file from above (at a bottom of window select .hex file type (or All files, not .bin)
  8. Now select the APROM option (only!) at the bottom, then click Update. Voila!

The bad news is that the update file is actually version 1.08 for SMOK R-Steam 80W and it do not support Bluetooth... But for now it works :)

VladimirDyskin

Jul 12, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Read the forum rules please. There will be NO passing of files here.

Akiramaruyama

Jul 12, 2016
Bricked Quantum Solution! temporary fix, at least you can use your Quantum until Smok fixes the problem
  1. Download the USB updater 2.0 from the Smok website (support->upgrade->tools&firmware->upgrade tool 2.0)
  2. Unzip the file and run the updater.
  3. Select Quantum and check for updates. The firmware is downloaded to the folder with the updater - it's named 1100.hex. The file is actually a RAR archive - that's why we're getting the APROM error message.
  4. Rename the file to 1100.rar and use a RAR utility to extract it and locate
    VIVI-76 (160520)1.0.8(checksum=0xA3A9).hex file
  5. Now download one of the other programming tools from Smok (e.g. for the H-priv - home page at the bottom->upgrade tool for your xcubeii & h-priv) and run the programmer.
  6. Connect your Quantum by holding the fire button then plugging the USB and click Connect.
  7. Click the APROM button in the programmer and select the extracted hex file from above (at a bottom of window select .hex file type (or All files, not .bin)
  8. Now select the APROM option (only!) at the bottom, then click Update. Voila!

The bad news is that the update file is actually version 1.08 for SMOK R-Steam 80W and it do not support Bluetooth... But for now it works :)
Can you post a video on how to do this please

Akiramaruyama

Jul 12, 2016
I receive official answer from SMOK support today. They attach docx file with instructions and link to official tools. And it works!
But I do not understand why they send this solution privately, and it is not published on their site.
Yes please post all the info, I just got mine yesterday and really wanna use it

RawCarnage

Jul 14, 2016
did they say when they were going to post it on their site by any chance? i mod is bricked, and when i flashed the r mini, for some reason my charging is all messed up as in when i unplug it from the charger it still says its charging. its funky. anyone else has that problem? could it be hardware or firmware? i just got the mod a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread