Smok V8 Baby RBA - is it these units or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, hand check please... this isn't a simple question? You'll want something to vape... I'm enjoying Scholar's Poppy right now.

Last week I had no problem doing my first build on the Pulse 24 which arrived before the Pulse squonk. I switched the pins and put together a decent dual coil setup with no hitch. Everything felt solid and I felt like I a) made a good purchase and b) was advancing.

Today my Baby RBA arrived and I was a bit underwhelmed. This is my 2nd Beastly happening. I mistakenly ordered the Beast RBA first which was too large, no problem- got a refund, but he didn't have a Baby in stock. I checked- the Baby RBA is the one for Big Baby. I opened it immediately and it came with the " V8 Exclusive Glass Tube"... that was about 1 mm narrower than the glass that came with my tank, or it's original replacement glass. There was no way it would fit over the o-rings.

The RBA itself, seemed to be of a very low manufacturing standard. When I unscrewed the top off to reach the deck, I felt as if I was holding something like a soda can. The deck has no room. I feel like it might last about 5-10 rebuilds before it will need to be replaced if I am lucky. Both seemed to be nothing of the quality of a smok coil- but rebuildable. Even the wrench smok included was lighter than what I'm used to seeing as part of a rebuildable package. I heard they were using screws that stripped easily, but I really didn't expect tin.
I would like to see a Smok RBA made with similar metal to their coils. Both RBA versions I have touched, Beast and Baby, were not.

Smok coils are decent. I get good flavor and they have lasted beyond 10+ days for me. I have 2 boxes of Smok coils on hand and my Valyrian (no RBA option at this time) gives me a better vape experience. [FYI: The Valyrian 8ml replacement glass just hit their website yesterday]. I think my Big Baby is going into slow rotation from here on out... I did reach out to the vendor of the Smok Baby RBA and am waiting for a reply. Maybe I got a clone. IDK. This is one accessory that doesn't have a scratch and authenticate to know for certain.

The Good News, my OBS Engine arrived today as well. I didn't have to look very hard to know this has a deck I can build on and use for a good long time. I think I will keep my eye open for a 2nd solid RTA.

Here is where my upper gear is so far:
1 iSub- 1st mod kit's
1 Apex- 1st upgrade, same coil
1 Ohmie (Naked's)- 1st freebie, after the coils are gone, it's a paperweight
1 Big Baby- came with my TPriv- nice but...
2 Valyrians- 1st real decision. Good job Uwell (won 2nd just after I bought 1st & I'm happy).
1 Pulse 24- foray into dripping part 1- really nice change, but I need to practice some.
1 Dead Rabbit- foray into dripping part 2
1 Engine- smart move.

That's five using premade coils (have enough for a year between all of them).
The Smok was supposed to be my convertible, but I'll stick with Smok Coils, ergo six.
Two rebuildable drippers.
One true RTA.

Suggestions for a second RTA? I know the Drop is groundbreaking, but 2 drippers is enough for now. I have the TPRIV, Aegis and Pulse Squonk. A DNA triple battery is likely next, if a 250c arrives, or maybe a dual battery 166c even. What should my upper gear #10 be? Something wider than all of the above? I'm not mensa, but I do grasp things fairly well. Spoil me with options to consider as I enjoy this season's bounty.

Thanks in advance,
PLE

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you want a fairly versatile RTA the Hussar clone is pretty good. If you're looking for something more advanced like more than a double post deck, well the Hussar comes with one, you just have to find the right version, if you want something more exciting, I don't have much to offer as I primarily use MTL RTAs and have only tried more DL setups in clone mode (though the Hussar Skyline clone is preferred to the original I think) before quickly realizing that was not for me and PIF them... Did want to say welcome to ECF and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Anna

Anna

Reactions: mrphilip
In my experience, if it were made like their coils, wouldn't last a day....

My RBA doesn't feel cheap, but I agree there isn't much room. It has worked well enough when I use it, but I've moved on to RDAs now.

I have found RDA's offer quite the different vape pleasure. Glad I traveled that road this month.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread